TimePieces Thread

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Steve, I'll beat DBK to the punch here. Actually surprised he did not comment.

"Ware"???

DBK? Or Ralphie?

Dave can't really throw stones now after "Me and Camilo...", at least for a little while! :wink

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
That's just great. Now you guys are gonna make me get a watch. I wasn't even thinking about getting one until this. (Kidding) Great watches gentleman. I dig the race inspired ones. The Rolexes posted . . . . WOW!

Vince H

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Mr Indy Sir, witch ever manufacturer first produces a watch, be it Tag, Rolex, Breitling or Omega with a thesaurus and spell incorporated into they're product..... isle bye it! Now byte me and be ware of my rath! :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Steve, I'll beat DBK to the punch here. Actually surprised he did not comment.

"Ware"???

I would never hassle my phone BFF.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I would never hassle my phone BFF.

YAY! DBK's alternate, kinder and gentler personality is up and center stage today. :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I used to be more interested in watches but I just rarely wear one so I haven't bought one in quite a while. The last watch I got was a Corum Admiral's Cup Competition. Came in a pretty interesting liquid filled container.

8551234831_75105d9b84.jpg

I haven't wore one in the last 12+ years, maybe that's why my wifey says I am always late.

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
:lol

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Was big into watches, well over 20 at one point, sold a bunch. Still have 2 Lange, 2 ap, few Pam's, and others. I'm going to thin more, the ones I just don't wear. They are beautiful, and represent unreal engineering and ,manufacture. The HUGE price increases over the last 10 years really tempered my interest.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I'm still stuck in the 70's, just your basic EXII. Some call it the 'orange hand' but mine has faded out completely.

ATTACH=CONFIG]28256[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm still stuck in the 70's, just your basic EXII. Some call it the 'orange hand' but mine has faded out completely.

ATTACH=CONFIG]28256[/ATTACH]

Gah! That's no ordinary EXII. Steve McQueen Explorer! Aside from a white-faced Daytona, the only Rollie I've ever wanted.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
IWC Big Pilot
B&R phantom
B&R compass

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 647
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Rolex Deepsea Sea Dweller (prob my favorite, HUGE watch, especially for a Rolex)
Corum limited edition Carbon & Stainless
Wife's Gold/diamond Mother of Pearl date just (her Christmas present this year)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 598
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 724
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 655

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
My watch winder. Carbon fiber of course

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
My watch winder. Carbon fiber ofcourse

How is that winder working for you? I can't get one to last and looking for a 6 pot to replace my current. I have gone through 3 wolf's and 1 Haier. The 4 pot Haier is down to 2 functional ones after 3 years. The wolf's were singles and stopped working in less than 2 years.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Been great so far, but a good watch winder is rather costly. It took me a while to understand that.

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Shelby... Is that winder made by McLaren? I like it allot !!!

Last edited:

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
I like Luminox myself. About ten years ago I was talking to a guy at a Porsche car show at a local winery. He loved his Luminox, liked it better than his Rolex. I like that I can see the time at any time down to the second, if need be. Just ordered my first chronograph from them.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I am intrigued by shiny things, pretty things and fast things.........I like watches:

2013-03-17_13-42-54_860_zps31793b35.jpg

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
My prize watch is a IWC Da Vinci Perpetual Digital Date Month in rose gold.
I also have one of these but the previous generation with the round face.

My daily driver is this Ford GT watch:

Ford GT watch - front.jpg

Note the Ford logo on the second hand. Ford of Switzerland secured these back in 2005 when the 101 European GTs were sent over. They were made by Aviatex Technology, a small Swiss watch manufacturer, and were available in all GT the colors. I believe Aviatex is now out-of-business but the parts are off-the-shelf Swiss stuff so I should be okay for servicing it.

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Is that a Paul Newman Daytona?????

Ps, one can get a white dial SS Daytona all day here in Cali...back east it's like 1yr waiting list