TimePieces Thread

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Picked up this grail watch a little while ago. Very limited.....The A. Lange & Sohne Zeitwerk. This is an amazing piece of artwork and craftsmanship with the first ever digital display mechanical movement. Definitely an heirloom piece.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 379
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 386

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Whoa that's a heavy piece, congrats. Totally get that piece, had a L1 still have a datograph

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Thanks. Datograph is my next one. A must have piece. Had a shot at the new Lumen but I passed on it. Fantastic brand.
Whoa that's a heavy piece, congrats. Totally get that piece, had a L1 still have a datograph

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
beautiful time pieces, admired them for years! They actually had very limited edition GT 40 gulf mirage piece!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Man, I'm glad this thread got revived. I missed it somehow the first go around. I've been a watch guy for years, even before I got into cars. I started with a couple of Rolex Subs and Breitlings. When I saw how fast Rolexes were going up I started buying them for investment purposes. Since I have a friend who is an authorized Rolex dealer and he was giving me 35-40% off retail, I stocked up. I branched out into other brands also because of my appreciation of the quality and workmanship. Gave my wife a Rolex Pearlmaster with a sapphire bezel on our 20th wedding anniversary to get her involved and later a Franck Muller. She's never given me any grief about watches since.:lol
Besides the Rolex collection and the Breitlings my collection includes IWC, Chronoswiss, Franck Muller, Omega, Martin Braun, Zenith, Girard Perregaux, Ulysse Nardin, and Jaeger-LeCoultre. I also own John Waynes Rolex, a solid gold King Midas made for the left wrist and a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Squadra that belonged to Sylvester Stallone. It's engraved and was a presentation piece given to him at the 2009 Venice Film Festival for achievements in the film industry.
This is one of my favorites:

Ulysse Nardin Freak. Diamonsil Limited Edition, only 28 made, this is number 2.

Attachments

• Ulysse Nardin Freak.JPG
    Ulysse Nardin Freak.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 352
  • Ulysse Number Plate.JPG
    Ulysse Number Plate.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 348

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And a Freak? That's a very cool piece I wish I had had one.

I got to about 30, then the explosion happened, many brands, tons of models, and prices went through the roof. I felt I couldn't keep up, industry left me behind. Sold most. Kept about 10. AP, panerai, jaeger, Lange, are what are still around.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Check out BRM's Gulf model, only 50 made. I have a black with silver stripe with "2" on it paying homage to 66 win at lemans. Nice pieces
www.brm-manufacture-gulf.com

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
thats my shot

its a discontinued maurice lacroix double retrograde rose gold wat do you think

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 1.59.59 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 1.59.59 AM.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 262

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
with the first ever digital display mechanical movement. Definitely an heirloom piece.

Very nice indeed! And practical to boot. Rarely do the artistic, unique, and functional all work together. I think they undoubtedly do so here. Congrats!

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
As I continue to have a little spare change since not getting an allocation for the new gt I finally broke down and picked up a new minute repeater that I've been desiring for quite some time. It doesn't have the visual impact a new gt would but it does make me smile when it chimes.

Attachments

• 20161210_104802.jpg
    20161210_104802.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 20161210_125345.jpg
    20161210_125345.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 167

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Congrats. Very nice piece.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That is a fantastic piece. Having the wrist go "ding ding" is very cool. Well done.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
As I continue to have a little spare change since not getting an allocation for the new gt I finally broke down and picked up a new minute repeater that I've been desiring for quite some time. It doesn't have the visual impact a new gt would but it does make me smile when it chimes.

Nice! A platinum grand complications Patek. What's next, a tourbillon? :)

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
That is a fantastic piece. Having the wrist go "ding ding" is very cool. Well done.

Not quite the growl of a supercharged v8 :)

https://youtu.be/yGHXg4l3E4w

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yGHXg4l3E4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I cant seem to figure out how to embed the video, sorry.