2005 Ford Factory race car - FR500C #004

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
SOLD

I have been so fortunate that Gino finally let me buy his 2008 FR500S Ford Challenge Mustang - thank you very much Gino :thumbsup - but that has made me make the decision that I really should make room for a 66 Shelby GT350 by selling my very speciel FR500C serial #004 car. I know this might not be the most logical place to put up #004 for sale, but since all here on this site really loves special Fords I´ll give it a shot.

#004 is as nice as a former racecar will ever get unless just delivered from the factory. It will feel just as much home in the serious car collection as it will kicking butt at the track!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I´ve prepared a short description of the history of #004 - enjoy :wink

Ford Racing Mustang FR500C # 004
FR500C serial 004 debuted at the Grand Am Daytona 200 in February 2005. The newly developed FR500C Ford factory racecar was delivered just days before the race and with only 2 days of practice getting to know the cars before the Daytona 2005 race for homologation. The result was amazing with the FR500C´s taking first and second, and the remaining 3 cars placing remarkably well.
Champion Dealer Group Motorsports in Alexandria, Kentucky, a Ford Racing Products retailer was given the opportunity to purchase one of the first 3 customer cars and FR500C #004 is one of the first 5 cars at the very first race at Daytona.

Driven by Bradley Lehmann together with co-driver Ian Lacy, the team did remarkably well for a part time effort. The car was race for a couple of years and then retired.

Only 46 FR500C has been built by Ford. The FR500C is a turn key racecar delivered directly from Ford Racing at a price of $125.000,-. For that you got a proven race winner, ready to run at the front of the pack in the highly competitive Grand Am series, and the FR500C won the Grand Am series both in 2005 and in 2008 even though serious attempts to slow them down by adding more weight, changing rear end ratios and adding restrictor plated to the intake were made. The cars today are competitive despite being greater than 8 years old. In fact, if Grand Am took off the restrictor, weight and gear ratio … they would kick the crap out of the reminder of the field at 8 years old!.

#004 has well documented race history as well as documented history of being a survivor with no major damage history and therefore one of only a few of the first FR500Cs still to have the original body. It is believed that only the “05” Championship car, currently on display at the Ford Museum, and #004 have the original bodies out of the first 5 cars, and most likely about 1/3 of all FR500Cs were rebodied during their life because of race damage. #004 retains it small unique items that only the first 5 cars built had.

FR500C #004 made it to a 6 page feature article in the Hemmings Muscle Machines Magazine in December 2005.
The original build book by Multimatic as well as original invoice and race history documents follow the car.

Being owned by Scott Turner, Florida, since 2009, #004 has undergone inspection by Multimatic as well as a full refresh of the cosmetic and mechanical to become a first class collectors quality track car. Full repaint and assembly by Rehagen Racing, and recently serviced by Black Forest Motorsports, a leading facility for FR500C knowledge, and it is ready to head to the track in every way. Full service document including leak down test on engine is included. Scott owns and races the “US Army” 3 car FR500C race team so nobody knows these cars much better than him.

#004 is as perfect as they come.

As I am looking for a nice driver condition 1966 Shelby GT350, preferably a white, red or blue car with “overriders”, I will consider using #004 as part payment.
The car can be delivered world wide.

Contact: Anders Nannerup, Copenhagen, a.nannerup@stantonchase.com

IMG_0409.jpgIMG_0416.jpgChampionFordPoster.jpg
IMG_0420.jpgIMG_0421.jpg

Last edited:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Still available - opening up for trades with other US classic cars.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Still for sale

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Try posting it up on race cars for sale.Also try some vintage racing sites . GLWS

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Racingjunk.com gets a lot of hits and may be worth a try.

Try posting it up on race cars for sale.Also try some vintage racing sites . GLWS

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They are awesome cars for a pro but since they are not street legal your audience is limited on a group like this. There are some racing forums, but you might recall that the closest street legal car is the Boss 302, and there are several Boss forums around too. One of them is run by the former Team Shelby masters, Robert Lane, at http://www.boss302forum.com

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks for the advice Guys. I´m fully aware that this is not the most obvious site for a race car. I do however think that my car is now bordering being a collectors car rather than a race car. First Ford Factory race car effort in years, serial 004 out of 46, documented race history and non molested .... :wink

If one wants a track toy, many choices are more obvious unless you simply have to drive a original Ford factory racer. If that is what you want, then there are no better - and if one also thinks of future value, at least history has shown many times that original, unmolested and historically significant cars usually don´t go down in price over time :wink

FR500C #004 would be a perfect & very cool looking companion to that FGT in the wrapper you have in the garage for investment purposes :thumbsup

I´m only selling cause my garagespace is limited and I already have Ginos old FR500S.

I have since the original post bought a number of other old "musclecars" so I´m not looking for a trade of that kind BUT I would certainly consider taking a trade in form of a open cockpit racecar - type Radical or similar - that I could keep in the US. Could even be interested in a vintage Formula 2/3 car like the Brabhams or Lotus cars of the very early seventies.

:cheers
Anders

As you can see - way too crowded .....
IMG_0174.JPG

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Stop complaining !

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
She sure is a beauty

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
She sure is and a great read as well! Anders - our Danish Mitty :thumbsup:biggrin

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Anders, it looks like you found your Shelby by the picture. What did you find, and is it a 66? Looks like you need to invest in another garage : )

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sold

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Congrats, staying over there? Or headed somewhere?

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Congrats, staying over there? Or headed somewhere?

Actually it sold a couple of months ago - I had just forgotten to update. Car went to Holland.

I posted my 65 car the other day at Racecarsdirect.com and so far quite a few inquiries from Holland, Belgium and France so I guess they are big on racing Ford there :)

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Anders, it looks like you found your Shelby by the picture. What did you find, and is it a 66? Looks like you need to invest in another garage : )

Yes, I did find a GT350 clone - that I then afterwards had upfitted with vintage paxton, package tray etc. but when it arrived here I was really not happy with the build quality so I sold it ...

Yes, either invest in another garage or cut down the collection to a maximum of 5-6 "fun cars" ..... right now, I´m working on the latter of the two options :)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well done on the sale, hopefully it will get used for its intended purpose.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well done on the sale, hopefully it will get used for its intended purpose.

Pretty sure it will .... they took it straight to the track for some Ford event :thumbsup