rear license plate bulb?

Tiny

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Silicon Valley
hey guys, noticed on of my rear plate bulbs is out....didn't look at the lens for more than a few seconds but how do you get it off to get to the bulb? Also I store my GT (and other cars) at an offsite garage so if someone can look at their shop manual and tell me what bulb it is I'd appreciate it!

thanks....Tiny

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
You should be able to pry it out with your finger / thumb nail. I beleive the light unit is also from the focus

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
YOu know, the whole owner's manual is on-line at the Ford website. I've downloaded it to my phone. The bulb housing just pops out. It has a spring band on one end. Push the whole housing to one side and pry it out with your finger. Don't pull the wires too far.

Addendum: Push it length-wise (i.e. right-left), not up-down.

I loaded the manual to my phone cause I could never remember how to set the stupid clock in the radio.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I loaded the manual to my phone cause I could never remember how to set the stupid clock in the radio.

I set my 24 hour clock...just once. A real PITA.

Started wearing a wrist sun dial when driving the GT.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
YOu know, the whole owner's manual is on-line at the Ford website. I've downloaded it to my phone....

Frank - can you post the link?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
YOu know, the whole owner's manual is on-line at the Ford website. I've downloaded it to my phone. The bulb housing just pops out. It has a spring band on one end. Push the whole housing to one side and pry it out with your finger. Don't pull the wires too far.

Addendum: Push it length-wise (i.e. right-left), not up-down.

That is a great idea. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal that from you.

Vince

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ralphie, I'll try to add it here. It's in PDF format. OK, it's 17.38 MB and the Forum won't let me download. Will try to get link.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK, try this

https://owner.Ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

or

go to Ford.com, then support. There is a little icon on the right side of the page that says Owners Guide. Clcik on it, add in your model, etc or put in your VIN. All of the GT paperwork is there to download

OK, just tried the link and it works fine. Just put in your car info or VIN and download what you want.

Last edited:

Tiny

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Silicon Valley
thanks guys, got it!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Mine has a 5W bulb in it.

I see OS 6148L
12V C5W*

0010-n6g

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Better late than never!

Chip

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Haha!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
So, the actual Ford Part Number is: F5RZ-13466-C, Dealer List price $1.82. Could this be the cheapest Ford GT part??

Doing my best to keep the information current for the new generation.

(Actually, it's for myself, so when I need to replace the bulbs next time, I'll know where to find the info.)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
It's a #168 bulb. Nothing Ford-specific about it. And you can find the info easily. While sitting at a traffic light, for instance, you can pull the owner's manual from the console cubby and turn to page 30.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
It's a #168 bulb. Nothing Ford-specific about it. And you can find the info easily. While sitting at a traffic light, for instance, you can pull the owner's manual from the console cubby and turn to page 30.

Thanks! I was at the dealer without my Ford GT or my manual. Put in the new bulbs. I should have possibly thought about LED swap, but the original bulbs work well.