Gauge failure

Casper

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2006
Great Falls, MT
Add me to the list now. My temp gauge quit about a year & a half ago. I didn't worry about it as I hooked up an AutoTap diagnostic to the OBD11 connector, temperature sensor was working ok, normal temperature displayed on the laptop connected to the AutoTap. Now theu a Montana winter, I find the speedometer not working. wonder if temperatures cause some of the failures?? Anyone else having similar???? Sounds like a SppedHut is the fix.

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
Add me to the list now. My temp gauge quit about a year & a half ago. I didn't worry about it as I hooked up an AutoTap diagnostic to the OBD11 connector, temperature sensor was working ok, normal temperature displayed on the laptop connected to the AutoTap. Now theu a Montana winter, I find the speedometer not working. wonder if temperatures cause some of the failures?? Anyone else having similar???? Sounds like a SppedHut is the fix.

I went ahead and got a set for speedhut.....for a price of one Oem you get the set and never have to deal with failures......few clicks and decisions on styles you have a new set 2 weeks later......

Attachments

• IMG_5666.JPG
    IMG_5666.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 264

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Analogdesigner concocted a trick fused circuit to hopefully prevent more gauge failures. He no longer sells them but he disclosed the schematic and you can make one yourself.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I went ahead and got a set for speedhut.....for a price of one Oem you get the set and never have to deal with failures......few clicks and decisions on styles you have a new set 2 weeks later......

Speedhuts are nice and compared to OEM, umm... Cost Effective... But they are not foolproof. I had a SpeedHut speedometer with some very unusual behavior - would read OK sometimes and way off others...

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Were did you get the coil covers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas

Project321.com ..... They made a production run of the FGT items few years back I was told ...FGT items are not listed on the site or stocked.... I called them In the hope of them having left over inventory and I was in luck..... They HAD a set in the color Plus the Caps I wanted....I spoke to Stephanie ...she did say she had few other colors but I can't recall what they where......

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Stephanie and Project 321 are a pleasure to deal with, and their products are like "jewelry" for your car!!!!

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
Stephanie and Project 321 are a pleasure to deal with, and their products are like "jewelry" for your car!!!!

I agree on both counts....:thumbsup she even offered a discount without asking......which was nice....

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
My volt meter went out this week, think it could be some kind of sensor?? Or is it most likely the gauge? I dont know how these work really.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
My volt meter went out this week, think it could be some kind of sensor?? Or is it most likely the gauge? I dont know how these work really.
Did you check the battery ground?? You might remove the bolt securing the battery ground cable to the frame and ensure you have good contact.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I'll give that a shot Art, thanks!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Mine's been out. Its the only gauge I can live without so I will replace when one of the others need replacing.

Casper

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2006
Great Falls, MT
Not sure what the 'coil covers' is about. Additional info if it helps on my temp & speedometer fails. The car has been on a Deltran 'Battery Tender' model 021-0128 12V 1.25 Amps. Something I did notice after driving the car with the speedometer fail was after I re-connected the Battery Tender, that after overnight, the charger still indicated 'Red" on the LED indicator still lit.It usually switched to the Green LED after a few hours. I suspected maybe bad charger, so I tried a different 12V battery(lawn mower battery), & after a few hours the Battery Tender Green LED for correct charging lit. The battery in the car is the 2nd one changed, & is about 8 yrs old I think, so I am ordering a new battery. I have not done the "Ground Connection" clean where the - battery cable connects to the chassis. Visibly it looks ok, never been touched. Maybe that will change things.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
If any battery is over 5-6 years old ---always suspect the battery !
Your 8 year life is extraordinary !

andy (ajb)

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Hi all Nota4re was offering a speedo and tacho fix in the coming. Have PM him but no reply. Anyone now of anyone offering a fix

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I had a volt meter go out just after Rally 10. I did have Jay's gauge saver installed. Happened the one time I didnt let the gauges all wake up before hitting the start button. May have had the battery charger start assist switched on, but dont recall.
Replaced the battery. Replaced the Voltmeter with a replacement from Autometer. Has worked fine for the last two years.
Waited to long to replace my 2006 battery which was showing signs of failing during the Rally.

Bruce