The Ultimate Ford GT Key - 3rd Generation - Now available for pre-order!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
He's a supporting vendor... Cut him some slack.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Andrew is a good guy and truly supports and loves out GTs. I have bought many items from him for my GT including 3rd gen key and have had no problems.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Sorry some of you have had issues. I've got pretty much everything Andrew sells, he's a great guy. I have had to follow instructions carefully for the keys, but zero issues.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Legs, I think the cheapo Focus type keys are made in Canada.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Sorry some of you have had issues. I've got pretty much everything Andrew sells, he's a great guy. I have had to follow instructions carefully for the keys, but zero issues.

I got mine in the drawer. Just haven't gotten around to cutting them yet. Anything
I should avoid pro? I don't even think I have the instructions on what I should do!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I apologize for speaking out. Bad experiences are best kept quiet. This happened to me about my Whipple problems too.

Ed

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I got mine in the drawer. Just haven't gotten around to cutting them yet. Anything
I should avoid pro? I don't even think I have the instructions on what I should do!

Ernie, I've just sent you an email. Hope all's well.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

I agree... I love all of the products I have purchased from Andrew. I must be doing something wrong though because I have not been able to get my keyfob working. Maybe one of these days I will find someone that was able to get theirs working to help with mine... Guessing it is my fault :( Maybe someone in Dearborn can help us??

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I agree... I love all of the products I have purchased from Andrew. I must be doing something wrong though because I have not been able to get my keyfob working. Maybe one of these days I will find someone that was able to get theirs working to help with mine... Guessing it is my fault :( Maybe someone in Dearborn can help us??

As someone mentioned above, the circuit board/electronics are not so great. My key would start the car, but the remote buttons would not work. I went through a troubleshoot process with Andrew and he sent me a new board. Fixed the problem.

Second issue I ran into was the buttons worked, the key would turn on the gauges and dash lights, but the theft light would flash and the car would not start. I tried reprogramming the key, but the theft light still flashed. Both OEM keys worked. Turns out the glass transponder in the key came loose and wouldn't disable the anti-theft mechanism. Must have dropped the key at some point and knocked it loose. Opened it up and sure enough it was just floating around in there. Little dab of crazy glue to put it back into place and all was fine again. Cliffs notes: don't drop the key:)

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
He's a supporting vendor... Cut him some slack.

Are you referring to the guys talking about their issues with the fobs?

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Legs, I think the cheapo Focus type keys are made in Canada.

That's how we're getting around the oil embargo :facepalm::biggrin :lol

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
It's been a while since our last group buys! Some new GT owners on the site - if anyone is interested please message me to be added to the list.
Once we review we may have enough orders to warrant a group buy for the GT Keys!

Andrew

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have purchased 2 of the older versions in the past but have never been able to get either to work. I would really like to have one if it will work when programmed I love the look

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Yes, agree, look is great and better then the Focus key fob look, but what about the issues reported in this thread, resolved ? FYI- I didn't have much luck with previous generation key as it kept unlatching the front hood while driving, very annoying having to make several stops before destination to close the front hood.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Yes I would like one too if it works right; I am not using my old generation key!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I have two of the second generation (I think) that slide out like a switch blade and they work great. The dealer programed them for me.

Red 5

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2012
Miami
Put me down for 3 keys.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
If they work as advertised, I would like one.

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
email sent regarding backorder.
Andy

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
If they work as represented - count me in .