The Ultimate Ford GT Key - 3rd Generation - Now available for pre-order!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Announcing - The Ultimate GT Key!

Available for Pre-order @ ExotiCARe's Ford GT Accessory Store

3rd Generation customized GT Key and Remote combination - electronics coded specifically for the Ford GT.

An up-to-date modern design, convenient, all-in-one Remote-control/Key combo. It's slick! Push button spring tensioned key.

Your factory security system is NOT compromised in any way. 4-buttons, standard remote functions. Black finish.
Step-by-step Do-It-Yourself programming instructions provided.

High quality finish thats customized and guaranteed to work with Ford GT systems only.

No accidental button pressing / can be added to a keychain ring / very nice material and has a nice weight to it.

(You must have both of your original keys, to program yourself, otherwise a dealer visit is required to program keys to the car)

Place your order online for shipping by the end of the month.

If you buy 2 or more save $10 on your order - PM for multiple piece orders.

01.jpg

06.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited:

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Too cool. These look MUCH better than the previous generation! Thanks for bringing this to market. Order placed!

Aug 25, 2006
Announcing - The Ultimate GT Key!

Available for Pre-order @ ExotiCARe's Ford GT Accessory Store

3rd Generation customized GT Key and Remote combination - electronics coded specifically for the Ford GT.

An up-to-date modern design, convenient, all-in-one Remote-control/Key combo. It's slick! Push button spring tensioned key.

Your factory security system is NOT compromised in any way. 4-buttons, standard remote functions. Black finish.
Step-by-step Do-It-Yourself programming instructions provided.

High quality finish thats customized and guaranteed to work with Ford GT systems only.

No accidental button pressing / can be added to a keychain ring / very nice material and has a nice weight to it.

(You must have both of your original keys, to program yourself, otherwise a dealer visit is required to program keys to the car)

Place your order online for shipping by the end of the month.

If you buy 2 or more save $10 on your order - PM for multiple piece orders.

01.jpg

06.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

02.jpg

"Very Nice"

Thank you for bringing another cool product to the community

Takes care

Shadowman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very cool!

Ed

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Yes the best version to date!! Get your orders in the first batch and they may ship a bit earlier!

Andrew

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I just ordered 2. Thanks Andrew

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow, waaaay better.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow, waaaay better. Looks like I will have 4 keys for the car soon......

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Haven't even programmed the last key I got from you - LOL

Willrx

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2012
Atlanta
Ordered mine. Does anyone know what's involved in the process of having a dealer program the keys if it's necessary? What do they do?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Not required to do at the dealer if you have both keys. It's a simple few steps to program the chip and the remote, but should you not have two already- programmed keys, the dealer can do it in a few minutes - providing they have the ODB tools, which they should if they're a FORD dealer. Andrew's instructions are easy to follow and it only takes a few minutes to do.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
IF you do go to the dealer, do you need the car or just the keys? I assume you need the key apart to be cut anyway, right?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I only got one key with my car. First I had to hunt down a key. My local ford dealer didn't have one, but he would have gotten it up the next day and I was going to be gone so I just drove down to the other dealer. Lots of "ooooh" and "aaaahhh". They cut and programmed the key in about 10 minutes.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
My experience has been that many Ford GTs have a security bit set that disallows adding keys through the normal programming sequence and requires the dealer to connect to the PATS module to program them. Programming the remote functions is easy.

The dealer needs the car, all existing keys that you want to work and the new key.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My experience has been that many Ford GTs have a security bit set that disallows adding keys through the normal programming sequence and requires the dealer to connect to the PATS module to program them. Programming the remote functions is easy.

The dealer needs the car, all existing keys that you want to work and the new key.

If you have two keys already programmed for the car you can program another 3rd or more keys. Otherwise you will have to go to a dealer or buy a Ford VCM IDS tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u36e-XzmxX4

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
If you have two keys already programmed for the car you can program another 3rd or more keys. Otherwise you will have to go to a dealer or buy a Ford VCM IDS tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u36e-XzmxX4

This is true IF the key program security bit is turned off. Many were turned on by the dealer during initial delivery inspection as recommended by Ford. If that bit is set, all additional keys must be programmed using the Ford security system interface.

Mine were both set this way and required a trip to the dealer. Just letting folks know that if they decide to buy the key and the programming instructions do not function, there may be nothing wrong with the key or the car.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
correct! dealer needs any functioning keys and the new key(s) to be programmed if you only have one. In addition to the car of course.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
For those of you that were away at the Rally - get your orders in, and be part of the first batch of keys to be shipped before the end of the month!

Andrew

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Key works and feels good. OEM like. Nice size and weight. Fits easily in ones pocket without being bulky or bothersome yet right feel when turning it in the ignition. I test piloted the prototype on my roadtrip to New Orleans and conclude this by far is the best one yet . Works identically to the factory original. Highly recommended.
Well done Andrew!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Oh yeah.... I paid him for it.