First National Gathering = success

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Silverbullitt said:
...How about the reunion somewhere else....

Easy answer. Pebble Beach 2007. Then do it on the East coast in 2008.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
50 BMG said:
Easy answer. Pebble Beach 2007. Then do it on the East coast in 2008.

Where do I sign up? :biggrin

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Based on the experience last week...I bought some Ford stock today. Thank you all for a very memorable week. I've said more in other posts...

Three cheers for the GT team... :banana

Gordo.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
DBK, can you get that picture from superb that he posted of me and put it where my red gt is. The one of my side profile looking over the adoring crowds!!! HEY HOW ABOUT INDY FOR THE FORMULA 1 RACE IF ITS STILL ON AND HAVE GENADDI CARS AND REGULAR GTS DO HOT LAPS, DO TIMES ECT. THANKS BUDDY FOR THOSE CARS THEY REALLY MADE THE FRONT LOBBY SHINE. :thumbsup ENJOY , STILL DREAMING OF THE RIDE TO SALEEN :biggrin GTJOEY1314 :thumbsup

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
This was the auto event of a lifetime... being one of the elder GT owners I have been to many many events over the years and this was by far theee best. Joey, Dave, Jerry, Dan, etc. you are the best. 2007 in Irvine Ca. @ Saleen west..? I'll help...Thanks again...George & Pat

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Danny and I got back this afternoon at 4:00 pm and just wanted to echo what everyone else has said about the rally - an amazing event! I really enjoyed meeting you guys and look forward to many more rallys in the future. Thanks for everything.
Dave

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Midnite Blu said:
This was the auto event of a lifetime... being one of the elder GT owners I have been to many many events over the years and this was by far theee best. Joey, Dave, Jerry, Dan, etc. you are the best. 2007 in Irvine Ca. @ Saleen west..? I'll help...Thanks again...George & Pat

This makes sense. We could bring our cars in for TLC like we did in troy. How about June? Gotta leave time for Woodward.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Need the date and place for 2007, starting the count down clock. Today was a bummer, I did not even see on GT all day long... :thumbsdow :bs :thumbsdow

Again, Joey and Dave sincere congrats, thank you for everything!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I havn't seen a GT for 2 days either, I'm going crazy.
Mine should be back today, going to give her a big hug, some TLC and buy a new light from the GTSaver guys.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I have to take this opt. to thank superb,brian again for lugging those banners place to place and the award given to dave and myself. Great job once again. PLEASE CAN EVRYONE MAIL ME A HARD DISC OF THERE PHOTOS, JUST EMAIL ME A PM AND I WILL GIVE MY FULL ADRESS. THANKS GUYS LOVE YOU ALL GTJOEY 1314 :thumbsup

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
just in case any rally participants missed my post in the sound + fury, http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2522

http://nthimage.com/Detroit/events/Ford_GT_Rally.htm
130 photos, some better then others; but this is only from Saturday.

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
Just read GT Joey's personal notes...do they hit home or what? By the way I think he was listening to the national anthem while writing.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The little blue oval on the front

"what is your favorite part of the car at the event, my answer, THAT LITTLE BLUE OVAL ON THE FRONT".

Right on Joey. During the event my son's and I toured the Henry Ford Estate. Walking through the rooms where Harvey Firestone, Thomas Edison, and Henry Ford got together was like stepping back in time. The man, the family, the company, the race victorys, and over a hundred years of history. Ford is clearly the Harley-Davidson of automobiles. This company must, can, and I hope will, somehow, have a rebirth like Harley-Davidson. The UAW must wake up and become a partner instead of an adversary. Imagine Ford Motor Company with an entire work force like the Saleen crew. My last three cars were a Ford Excursion, Ford Expedition, and a Ford GT. After the great time Ford showed us I will continue to buy Fords in the future. If Ford were allowed to concentrate on building the best cars in the world instead of managing the jobs bank, health care, and buyouts, we could all breathe easier. Your enthusiasm is infectious Joey, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :banana

Chip

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
not much can be said that has not been stated by this wonderful group of people on this forum
i would like to say, that i'm not easily impressed, but this event impressed the hell out of me.
i met many great new friends, that will remain in my memory banks forever.
the saleen group was beyond belief as to how they catered to our every need and desire. if anyone should be voted in for president, it should be steve saleen, if he ran this country the way he runs his company, it would be alot better place.
i thank everyone i met and everyone involved in this gala, and know one and all, you will always have a friend here in jersey

bless you all and drive them like ya stole them !!!!

sam #1451 red/white
ps--thx for the acknowledgement bigsgt. i was very proud to be one of the founding fathers of this event !

Last edited:

GaryA

Jan 24, 2006
Wow! What a great event! For me the best part was seeing a lot of friends that I've met along the way and making new friends. I looked around the room at the reception on the first evening and I knew about 1/3 of the people there. Being a Viper guy, it was also good to see all my Viper buds who have moved into GTs.

Thanks again to DBK for a great event. I'm not sure how you'll top that one D, but for a first-ever event, you did great!

See you guys on the road.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I was glad not to drag banners to the last event, those thing were getting heavy.

Glad to do it Joey, BTW, those awards are Diamonds, 10,000 carat diamonds, so be careful with them :bs

Make sure to thank fjpikul, I think he spent more time tracking down the little cars to attach than I did getting the awards.
I'm sure everyone would have loved to help out with the awards, but I had to keep it a secret. But to those special friends that did help, a Big Thanks:
AZGT, bony, centerpunch, dbtgt, fjpikul, Florida Chris, SLF360, White Petunia
Hope I didn't miss anyone.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
RalllllllllllllllllllllllYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

No way to tell everyone about The Event. So many superlatives -- and they all apply. I'm trying to invent a new one just to descibe it to my friends and family.

Dave & Joe - you guys are over the top!

To all of the other owners and attendees - we'll be friends for life.

To Fred,Tom, Jamal & GT Team members -- Wow What A car you built.

To Steve - the people you assigned to build our cars are the best.

To the guys at EMDO - thanks for the tour.

To Mr. Edsel Ford - your attendance at our Rally is truly appreciated. We love our cars. Find a way to keep the GT Spirit and spread it throughout the Company.

I'm still 2,500 miles from home. Will post some photo's soon.

Thanks for Everthing. Put me down for next year. When ever , where ever -I'm In.

Jeff Larson

P.S. there's no smiley good enough to go along with the Rally posts.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
It truly was an amazing event!! I am sitting here with my son right now typing this and though he won't remember a thing about these memorable days we shared... I will never forget it. I want to thank all of you for the memories. This was my families first car event and we had no idea where we would fit in. Wednesday night I would say everyone was a litttle shy but by Thursday morning with the linning up of the GTs and the ride to Saleen I would definitely say that we all came out of our shells and started having an absolutely wonderful time. I grinned from ear to ear for the rest of the trip.

My wife asked me what was most memorable for me about the trip? I thought about it for a minute...I thought about the cars and the upgrades and the aftermarket STUFF!!! I thought about the tours and the Ritz and all that free booze :lol I thought about the selfish good time I was able to spend with my wife and new son.. When the answer just came to me....What was most memorable for me about the trip were the people..... Yeah, we all had something in common, THE GT. Yet we all talked about other things too (I think??) We made new friends based on alot more than just having in common 1 thing, being the GT. The GT was obviously a huge ice breaker but it was wonderful meeting total strangers and leaving Detroit on Sunday knowing that we had new friends for life. Rather it be an e-mail from time to time or an occasional visit once a year for a rally about "The ONE" I stated in an early post a couple of weeks back that its nice to know the generosity and kindness that is out there from strangers in the times we live in now and to have this positive experience happen as I worry what the future holds for my son. I know this. We hear about the negatives in life because that is NEWS worthy but the positives and kind acts far out way the B.S. we see on TV. Thanks everyone :thumbsup

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
We're back home in Kansas and we haven't seen another GT since east of Chicago. We really miss you guys! This rally was incredible. Thank you Dave and Joey for your hard work making this past week something we will never forget. Everyone at Ford was so gracious, SVT, Roush, Saleen, Wixom, Camilo, Corporate and all you great GT owners we got to meet. I don't see how we can top this year's rally but let's try. We are looking forward to next year's gathering and year's to come.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Great time; glad I made it out.

Looking forward to next year at Pebble Beach :cheers