First National Gathering = success

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
We just got back. Made up for some of that needed sleep on the airplane. Party till 1:00, up at 6:00. Makes me think I am young again.

DBK, Joey, and everyone else - it was first class all the way. Great organizers, great guys, great places, great hosts. :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
just got in

GUYS, its 11pm just got in , will post my thoughts tomorrow, love you all, this was just unreal, thanks inpart to all of you!!!!!!!!! goodnite,will post under rally enjoy.gtjoey1314 aaannnd a little tired :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Want to say THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIME to all of those involved who helped to made this memorable event possible; including the Fourm Members, Ford Motor Company, Saleen's SSV and their employees, the Wixom Plant and their employees, and of course Camilo Pardo and his GT Girls.
Truly was an enjoyable and most memorable event.
A lot of very nice people and and fun times to remember and cherish.
THANKS!!!

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Glad you made it home safe and sound. If you can't sleep post the pics of the girls. :lol

Keith

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
When I close my eyes....

.......I can still see and HEAR that endless line of 80+ GT's screaming down the freeway on the way to each event. :banana The highway workers stopped and watched the warp speed motorcade go by. At the tail end of the line as we got stretched out the speed and maneuvers to keep up were breathtaking as well. :biggrin Thanks again Dave & Joey & Ford & Saleen and everybody else. It was off the charts. :cheers

Chip

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
GREAT JOB !!!!

Fantastic job Dave and Joey.

It was great to meet and spend time with some of you fine people who attended the events. I've been lucky enough to spend the last 3 years of my life working on the GT program. Seeing all of you happy owners made every second of it even more rewarding. Rarely do the people who design and build cars get a chance to meet their customers. I think I can safely say that every one involved in bringing the GT to life, put their hearts and souls into it. The ultimate payoff for us, was in the past few days. The pride I think we all felt this past week could never be truly expressed.

I autographed a lot of year books, posters, and even a few cars, but each time I did, I felt that I should be getting YOUR autographs. Your smiling faces validated the effort and work we all put into the GT program. It truly was a labor of love.

Although I likely won't have the opportunity to own a GT, I feel that there is a part of me in each and every one. Thats my reward. (there is a good chance I DID work on many of the cars that were here this past week)

I hope you all enjoy your GTs and your GT year books as much as we enjoyed doing them for you.

Thank You All
Rich

Many of the people who were involved in the GT program are now doing the same thing for the rest of the fine Products Ford sells. Please remember that the next time you buy a new car or truck. (got to put a plug in for the home team)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Whoa, good for all of you that jumped on line when you got home. No way here, 13.5 hours home truck and trailer, 5 hours sleep per night = used up.

This was an amazing weekend.

Thanks to all of the incredible efforts put on by so many.

DDK or whoever, what was the final car count?

Thanks!!

Andy

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Thanks

DBK and GTJoey-and everyone else who helped make this an event to remember-Thanks! :cheers :cheers :cheers
The people at Saleen and Ford could not have been more accomodating and helpful during the entire time.
Drove back with ONBOOST, and just for everyone"s info, when we stopped for lunch, I just drove the 550 to the back of the restaurant, found the Dempster Dumpters, and parked it! :biggrin
New friendships, great cars, outstanding hospitality-doesn't get much better than that.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
WOW, what a joy it was to be part of the DAVE & JOEY show. Amazing event, wonderful event, it was fantastic to tie in faces with names. Ford and Saleen folks were most gracious. Learned a lot about my GT. Can't wait for next year.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
What an event....Absolutely WONDERFUL....Glad I brought the car...Saleen..CLASS FOLKS..fixed my problems and didn't look back..

Ford and the Engineers are wonderful people..I was lucky enough to sit with alot of them for several hours and watch them make fun of each other...John was a great guy as was Fred.

The party on Saturday night topped it off great.

Finally got some sleep and now I just want my car to get home with my camera :)

I am so glad I got to meet so many of you guys from around..Bony, Bigs, Awsum, Spirit...putting names to faces was great.

Matt :banana

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
We rolled into Austin about 10:00 last night. 80mph thw whole way. No tickets or mishaps. When it was dark we thought we were in a luxury car, not the baddest car on the planet, next to Turbo Joes of course.

I went to the Centennial and all the way to this gathering I knew it would be fun, but no match for the millions spent on that party. Now I say what Centennial? This once in a lifetime run blew it away. Thanks DBK and Joey you are the ultimate party planners.

We are already talking to a few about coming back next year for Woodward alone. How about the reunion somewhere else, but a Fri-Sun gatering for the cruise on the actual weekend. I'm planning to fly and rent a car. Anyone in?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
EDSEL/BILL FORD PLEASE READ.RALLY ECT.

Something very special happened last week and i wanted to personally explain it to you . Since my arrival last monday ford stock was up , whether a penny or more every day last week it was in positive territory. Wednesday night our group of over 150 gt owners and 100 gts entered the ritz hotel and enjoyed a wonderful cocktail reception party sponsored in part by my now good friend ALEX BORLA.Not that it matters but 11 borla exhaust kits were sold those 3 days. Thursday we toured and had another all day cocktail party at STEVE SALEENS shop , as usual a top knotch event .Not that it matters but it looks like 8 SALEENS WERE SOLD! WITH A POSSIBLE 2 ,SALEEN 7'S!! CAMILLO'S,party great and wild as always sold 5 original paintings ,15 posters and ran out of t shirts.Not that it matters.Friday morning EDSEL , you were looking out your window looking at 100 GT'S AT A TOTAL COST OF 16,500,000.00. EACH MAKING A PROFIT !THAT MATTERED! Friday night, sponsored and hosted by FORD , was a dream come true , why because we were able to enjoy UNION/ NON UNION, OUTSOURCE SUPPLIERS AND DEALERS ALL AT ONE EVENT, AND ALL WERE HAPPY!!!!!!!!! WHY? because we were a part of something very special.THAT WAS TOUGHER THAN STOPPING THE VIOLENCE IN THE MIDDLE EAST! I have been asked many a times over those couple of days , what is your favorite part of the car at the event, my answer, THAT LITTLE BLUE OVAL ON THE FRONT!,and they all take a double take. Other than yourself, bill, alex,camillo, steve and myself its the PRIDE OF THAT BADGE , KNOWING IT CAN BE DONE, AND PUTTING YOUR NAME ON IT WITH PRIDE MY FRIEND!!!!!. Ronald REAGAN had it, LEE IACCOCA had it , SOPHIA LOREN WILL ALWAYS HAVE IT! IVE GOT IT , JUST COME AND GRAB IT ,ITS YOURS!! IF YOU KNOW ME,AND YOU WILL, MONETARY VALUE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, WHAT IM LOOKING FOR, IS SOMETHING ELSE, ITS THE CHALLENGE,ITS THE PRIDE OF THIS COMPANY AND ITS WORKERS, IT CAN ALL COME BACK IN A BIG WAY , IT CAN HAPPEN , JUST GIVE ME A CALL!!!!!!!!!!! IT WONT TAKE LONG.
THANK YOU JOSEPH V. LIMONGELLI
1 516 334 4900 EXT 214
CELL 1 516 524 3077
HOME 1 631 367 2215
P.S. Theres something else, my son who is close to your sons age is coming up in this world as well,his position in my company is set in stone for his life time as is my youngest, as we get a LITTLE BIT older, i want to hand him a future as brite as possible. It can be ,EVERYTIME YOU DO GOOD IT COMES BACK 10 TIMES, just dream my friends enjoy....... gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
GTJoey for president! I regret not being able to go the rally, but am proud of the event you guys put together. :thumbsup

kengt

Jun 2, 2006
Warren Mi.
As a member of the bulid/development team I want to thank everyone for EVERYTHING! I had a great time! :cheers

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Left Lane News

Here are some pics and a story about the GT Rally:

GT Homecoming

regards,

cobrajeff

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
gtjoey said:
Something very special happened last week and i wanted to personally explain it to you . Since my arrival last monday ford stock was up , whether a penny or more every day last week it was in positive territory. Wednesday night our group of over 150 gt owners and 100 gts entered the ritz hotel and enjoyed a wonderful cocktail reception party sponsored in part by my now good friend ALEX BORLA.Not that it matters but 11 borla exhaust kits were sold those 3 days. Thursday we toured and had another all day cocktail party at STEVE SALEENS shop , as usual a top knotch event .Not that it matters but it looks like 8 SALEENS WERE SOLD! WITH A POSSIBLE 2 ,SALEEN 7'S!! CAMILLO'S,party great and wild as always sold 5 original paintings ,15 posters and ran out of t shirts.Not that it matters.Friday morning EDSEL , you were looking out your window looking at 100 GT'S AT A TOTAL COST OF 16,500,000.00. EACH MAKING A PROFIT !THAT MATTERED! Friday night, sponsored and hosted by FORD , was a dream come true , why because we were able to enjoy UNION/ NON UNION, OUTSOURCE SUPPLIERS AND DEALERS ALL AT ONE EVENT, AND ALL WERE HAPPY!!!!!!!!! WHY? because we were a part of something very special.THAT WAS TOUGHER THAN STOPPING THE VIOLENCE IN THE MIDDLE EAST! I have been asked many a times over those couple of days , what is your favorite part of the car at the event, my answer, THAT LITTLE BLUE OVAL ON THE FRONT!,and they all take a double take. Other than yourself, bill, alex,camillo, steve and myself its the PRIDE OF THAT BADGE , KNOWING IT CAN BE DONE, AND PUTTING YOUR NAME ON IT WITH PRIDE MY FRIEND!!!!!. Ronald REAGAN had it, LEE IACCOCA had it , SOPHIA LOREN WILL ALWAYS HAVE IT! IVE GOT IT , JUST COME AND GRAB IT ,ITS YOURS!! IF YOU KNOW ME,AND YOU WILL, MONETARY VALUE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, WHAT IM LOOKING FOR, IS SOMETHING ELSE, ITS THE CHALLENGE,ITS THE PRIDE OF THIS COMPANY AND ITS WORKERS, IT CAN ALL COME BACK IN A BIG WAY , IT CAN HAPPEN , JUST GIVE ME A CALL!!!!!!!!!!! IT WONT TAKE LONG.
THANK YOU JOSEPH V. LIMONGELLI
1 516 334 4900 EXT 214
CELL 1 516 524 3077
HOME 1 631 367 2215
P.S. Theres something else, my son who is close to your sons age is coming up in this world as well,his position in my company is set in stone for his life time as is my youngest, as we get a LITTLE BIT older, i want to hand him a future as brite as possible. It can be ,EVERYTIME YOU DO GOOD IT COMES BACK 10 TIMES, just dream my friends enjoy....... gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

gtjoey, You are a class act my friend. Before the event I feared you would be one of those stereo-typical, loud-mouthed, arrogant, self-centered yankees. Instead I found you to be very humble, accepting, open and caring (yes, and still loud-mouthed! :lol). But that's OK, as we needed a master of ceremonies, and you were perfect for the job.

Just as the words you've written above show, you care and that, my friend, is what matters! I'm so proud to have gotten to know you and the other great people I met, from the owners and their families to the people at Ford and SSV. Focus on the good things about people and life, there's plenty out there!

Biggs

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Thanks to DBK, GT Joey, Asum GT and everyone else that had a hand in putting this great event together. Great meeting Chris from Florida, Tim from Ohio, John from K.C. and many others. Back in March when I sent in my entry form I put down 6 in my party. Well, only my oldest daughter Paige stayed true to her invitation as the rest of my family made other plans. Boy did they miss out. As it turns out it worked out great. Got to spent some quality time with my oldest daughter before she wants nothing to do with me. Ha Ha. By the end of the weekend she was more interested in all the different kind of cars we saw than I was. Thanks again and let's keep this group going for years to come. To Ed who let my daughter and I sneak in for a ride to Camilo's in the limo, I owe you. Thanks again.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
So this morning my daughter said "it is funny that you guys all have the same cars and know everything about them, but you can still talk for hours".

Yep, we sure could. And enjoyed every minute of it.

I also want you all to know that my kids said that they had an absolute blast and were very happy that they came. They feel like it was a signficant experience for them. I want to thank those of you that put up with them for making their day (and letting my boy run them up and down in the elevator). Now, of course, my daughter wants a pink GT with white stripes, the other daughter wants the white Saleen convertible, and the boy (and my wife) will settle for the S7.

escman

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2005
Long Island, NY
Many thanks to Dave and Gt Joey... myself and my guests all had a great time, I know from experience how hard it is to put one of these events together. I didn't meet a single person ...owner, guest, employee, or excecutive, unhappy or unwilling to introduce themselves and others around them. Dave, I got to spend some time with your mom & dad, they were most gracious, I dont want to leave out the lovely Francesca either Thank You... Joey my friend, what can I say other than see you at the beach this Sunday.
Peter

GT350H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 3, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Without being redundant, I would like to echo all the previous posts. This was an event of a lifetime! Absolutely fabulous! One of the best parts was meeting so many other GT owners. What a great group of people. A very special thanks to the Saleen folks who put on one heck of a show. The ride in the S7 was breathtaking. And, a big thanks to Joe for giving rides in his TT GT. If you rode in the car, you know what I am talking about. If you didn't, you missed out on one of the most exhilarating experiences you will ever have. Life doesn't get any better.