Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default First National Gathering = success

Well, it's 1:32 A.M, and the first national meet is now over. Everyone is sleeping off the party at Camilo's, and getting ready to go back home.

I think it was a tremendous 4 days. Everyone had alot of fun, and we truly had a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You will quite literally never see that again. What we all walked through, discussed, and lived for the past few days is finished for good in mere weeks. I won't try and pretend I wasn't actually getting choked up just walking through Wixom. The GT, the team behind it, and the facilities that create it have been such a huge part of my life for the last few months, and the finality of walking through for the last time, knowing these unbelievable cars will stop being built...wow.

Of course, it was so great to meet everyone, put faces to names, see the cars in real life, and set the table for the future. While we won't always have the Saleen Special Vehicles tour, or the Wixom Final Assembly, and we won't always gather the entire Ford GT team, we'll always have this camaraderie and grow it in the future with even more owners. I can't even begin to think of how many great and unique people I met this week.

Again, I have to thank my main man GT Joey for being the unbelievable voice for the gathering. He's the man. And of course Jerry DeYoung and his/our good friend Alex Borla for making so much of this possible. Daniel Bonyhadi for getting us the good stuff, which is no surprise. Brian Depenbrock for all the banners and all his other contributions. And everyone at Ford and SSV for a GREAT show.

So....where we goin next year?

P.S, and now, I'm going to collapse
    Ford GT National Rally I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
    24 Hours of Le Mans 2010, 2015, 2016
    Texas Mile 200 mph Club

The Golden Age is now.

Yeah, I've got one. FlorIdaho Chris's Avatar
    A Boat in The Bahamas & Bonners Ferry, ID

I agree, it truly was a unique once in a lifetime experience. Thanks Dave, for all the sacrifices you have made over the past months putting this all together. It'll take me hours to upload all the photos from my camera to my computer when I get home. Itíll take a lifetime to enjoy all the new friends we met the rally.

What a great car, what a great group of owners. See you at the next one.
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill

Thumbs up Roaring Success!!!

What an incredible week this was! DBK and GTJOEY - you guys REALLY know how to throw a party! You didn't leave a stone unturned - I can't think of anything else that we could have done this week that would have added any more to the event. We toured the plants, we met the people who build the cars...we met the people who designed and engineered tha cars...and, it was very obvious, these folks were as excited about the cars as the owners are.

We surrounded Ford WHQ, we completely took over the Ford Conference and Events Center (with DBK's GT centerstage on a revolving turntable, flanked by the "Daisy" Cobra concept roadster, and the Shelby GR-1 concept coupe), and we partied downtown with Camilo (it felt like I was back in college at art school).

It was really nice to meet so many forum members, connect a face and a name with a screen name, look at all the cars, and see how everybody is enjoying them. Getting to hang out with the infamous Bony and Awsum GT was a lot of fun - they were intent on seeing and doing everything, and I'm pretty sure they did. Thanks for everything you guys contibuted to the event, too!

I hope all of you had a great time in Detroit - we were pleased and honored to have you here.

Jeff Burgy

Talking

I'll echo the comments above, especially the one regarding not knowing what else could have been done to add to it. The Ritz was the perfect Rally HQ, the owners and the Ford and SSV people were so honored to be in each others presence. Camilo was so gracious, as was everyone who was burdened with accomodating us, signing everything, smiling for every picture.

I've got over 300 pictures, and I'm sure there are those with even more (AwesomeGT for one! I tried to keep up with him at Wixom and ran out of memory!) I'll work on picking some out for posting on the flight home.

Thanks again to DBK, GTJoey, SuperB, AwesomeGT, Bony, Sam the Jeep Man and everyone else who helped set this most memorable week up!

Spectator

Default Ditto...

Quote Originally Posted by BigsGT
    I'll echo the comments above, especially the one regarding not knowing what else could have been done to add to it. The Ritz was the perfect Rally HQ, the owners and the Ford and SSV people were so honored to be in each others presence. Camilo was so gracious, as was everyone who was burdened with accomodating us, signing everything, smiling for every picture.

I've got over 300 pictures, and I'm sure there are those with even more (AwesomeGT for one! I tried to keep up with him at Wixom and ran out of memory!) I'll work on picking some out for posting on the flight home.

Thanks again to DBK, GTJoey, SuperB, AwesomeGT, Bony, Sam the Jeep Man and everyone else who helped set this most memorable week up!
    I will miss you guys... Please keep in touch!

Jennifer
    Be Safe...
    God Bless,

Jennifer/ SSV
    (LH Door Goddess)

i dont know what to say... DBK it was a pleasure... GT JOEY .. thank you..

it was once in a lifetime.. IMHO it cannot be duplicated...

special thanks to JAMAL and to DBK and to GENE ( YOU KNOW).........

AHHHHHHHH it was just simply awesome.... to my pals in NC and in TORONTO etc etc..

all very nice people.....

JOE

I appreciate knowing about Saturday's events, I've got hundreds of photos to edit from all of Saturday; no idea yet how many i'll put online, but definately more then a few.

in the mean time; here's one of the GTX-1's.

BTW, it was nice to see so many of the GT's cruising Woodward later in the evening :)

-Isaac
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    www.nthimage.com

DITTO...DITTO..DITTO AND a special thanks to DBK and GTJOEY for really getting this thing done....THANK YOU....ala "Apocalypse Now"...."when I was there I wanted to be home...when I was home I wanted to be back there...the more they made it like home, the more i missed it..."
    #298 Black/Silver

GT Owner

Simply put, this was an outstanding event, incredible considering this was the first event. Thank you David, Joey, all those that helped to make this something all of us will always remember. I'll pitch we pick Florida for an event in Feb or March, great time of year there, lots of race tracks and
    baby-but smooth roads. This would be a good break for the winterized GTs to stretch their legs. Lots to do for the whole family.
    Fuelman
    05 GT White/Blue stripes (stocker)
    01 Viper GTS 10.08 @ 144 mph on DRs
    (Stock engine, plus power adders)

GT Owner

Got back to Phoenix a couple of hours ago. What a great 4 days. Thanks to all of you that put this together. It will be a tough act to follow.
    Phoenix, AZ
    Midnight WWS