Pedal and seat adjustment

Still looking for a GT; next week I get to drive one! Having sat in a couple of cars, I'd like to know if the foot pedals (gas, brake, clutch) are adjustable for fore and aft position? I'm not a tall guy, and when I move the seat far enough forward to allow me to comfortably floor the clutch pedal, the brake pedal seems too close.

Also, with the seat in that position, the front seat bolster doesn't touch my legs. Can the seat bottom angle be adjusted easily?

Thanks!
Vincent998

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I don't believe the pedals have the ability to be adjusted fore/aft 'stock'. I recall reading a post by Ed Sims about his interest in adjusting the brake pedal to help facilitate heal/toe shifting. Try Search.

Don't know about seat. I doubt it.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry, what you see is what is get. No pedal adjustment, seat only fore-aft and rake. The lower seat cushion can be removed and altered by an upholstery shop (mostly thinner for taller people), but I don't see why you couldn't add cushion to raise it a bit. There are several vendors listed here that do it. A search should help you. As a consolation. there is a little mesh pocket on the front of the lower cushion to keep little things.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
There is no adjustment to the pedals. Steering wheel only.

Like you, I'm not at all tall, and the lower seat cushion is too long. At the track, when I remember, I will have a thin pillow to sit on, to improve the visability. Some remove the right wiper to have a better view of the right front fender. It does help when placing the car closer to the apex on the track. I suppose you could shim the front end of the seat track to gain a few more mm of height.

You'll find if you place your right foot on the "dead pead" with a slight bend of the knee, then adjust the seat you'll find all the pedals will be just right.

Seldom will you need to depress the clutch pedal to the floor. Just when starting the car.

Good luck on finding a GT soon.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I find that the horizontal pedal offset between brake and accelerator are pretty good for heel-toe. What I have to remember is that you can't leave you heel on the mat. If I'm off and using my leg for both I get pretty good contact. If I were to add a little height to the accelerator to make them coplanar it might be a little easier but not much.

Thanks for all the helpful replies! I have a Superformance Shelby Daytona Coupe and to get the pedals and seating just right, we put spacers under the front seat rails to tilt the seat back a bit, pedal extenders (an arm with the pedal itself on it that extends towards the driver) on the clutch and brake, and moved the gas pedal towards the rear a few inches to facilitate heel and toe use.

Could a pedal extender be put on the GT clutch pedal? Then I could sit a bit further back, which would make the brake and gas pedal better for me. Sorry to ask so many questions, but without a car to look at, it's a problem to know the answers.

Thanks again
Vincent998

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Vincent - if you're ever way up north in the Seattle area get a hold of me.

Then you can drive a GT, so you'll know the pedals are in the right place.

I'l most likely be at the track in Portland seond weekend in July at the Vintage races. And if my crew drives the truck and racecar down, I'll bring the GT along.

Jeff

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
The GT Guys raised my seat a half inch which worked out well for me

TM328

GT Owner
Oct 21, 2009
New England
Gt Guys raised my seat. My seat is now within 1/16" from the headliner.

Raising seat

I assume that for both of of you who had the driver's seat raised by the GT guys, it was done the same way. Can you tell me what they did to accomplish it?

Thanks!
Vincent998

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Sorry to dredge this thread from the past.
But years ago I made a promis. To stay in touch.
If I found the parts and tools we used in development.
That we used to move the pedals about. To ease heal toe shifting.
But yes I found them.
A bit crude. As compared to today’s powered pedal systems
And not an easy DIY solution at all.
But an option for small custom pedal reposition

Tomcat

GT Owner
The GT Guys raised my seat a half inch which worked out well for me
See above plus...the previous owner (dimensionally smaller than I) of my GT had little (1/2') spacers (I recall them being aluminum) that he added to the seat rails for additional adjustability.