vid of my water well pumpin 100 GPM....

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
here is a vid of my water well at full throttle via the drilling rig :beer2: we hit water at 500 feet and drilled to a total depth of 1000 feet. the drilling rig can drill 1800 feet deep but got maxed out at 1000 feet deep due to the tremendous amount of water pressure. the exhaust pipe diameter off the rig is 5 inches and the estimated flow rate is 100 gallons per minute at WOT!!! having a commercial flow of water like this on a residential property in an area that only receives 13 inches of rain a year is money as i can make up to $10,000 a month selling the excess off to my neighbors. my plan is to build a 10 foot deep 3 acre pond on my 8 acre estate. i am gonna shade the south, east and west sides of it with 100 palm trees and stock it with fish, turtles and ducks :cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrN_GkERqsE&feature=youtu.be

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
That's pretty darn awesome. Swim party at your place!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
What was the DA?

;)

Reactions: Superfly

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
That is awesome.

Congrats.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
What was the DA?

;)

lol, that is pretty funny :lol the DA was the same as Mojave as we had to drill through granite and quartz :willy

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You hit gold my man!

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My oil well flows about the same rate as that.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - is this what your place looks like?

oilwell.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Your landscaping plans sound cool. Are you allowed to do that though? In Colorado water laws a residential well is for potable and small irrigation only (i.e., a 35 acre residential parcel could use irrigation for a garden, but could not use it to grow hay for sale.) Large ponds constitute a Storage Right and would probably not be allowed (and you'd have the state engineer on your case with big water fines fast). But that's Colorado.

I know of another person who also drilled a well down by Tucson and had similar results. It's amazing how much water is under the desert down there.

For a really good education on water in the Arizona desert read The Secret Knowledge of Water : Discovering the Essence of the American Desert by Craig Childs. He takes weeks long hikes in the Arizona deserts with no water on him and finds it EVERYWHERE he needs it. (He's also in incredible shape for walking in the desert and doesn't need it as often as us tourons.)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Your landscaping plans sound cool. Are you allowed to do that though? In Colorado water laws a residential well is for potable and small irrigation only (i.e., a 35 acre residential parcel could use irrigation for a garden, but could not use it to grow hay for sale.) Large ponds constitute a Storage Right and would probably not be allowed (and you'd have the state engineer on your case with big water fines fast). But that's Colorado.

Building a pond up here (regardless of the source of the water) is a one way ticket to your own personal living hell.

You instantly will be running the risk of loosing your land for all intents and purposes (but still be liable for the taxes) and put yourself within the legal sights of all the county, state and federal agencies that have a stake in anything to do with water or wildlife, not to mention any neighbors that can (and when they see $, will) claim you are messing with the water flow (underground or above ground) on and around their property.

You would be in less hot water killing someone. :frown

Getting rid of a pond would be even worse. :bang

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
No that unit would not work unless you changed the Ghost Drive and inverted the Mercer Valve by -2.64 Mgbz. Otherwise you could increase the unit flow rate by q2.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
No that unit would not work unless you changed the Ghost Drive and inverted the Mercer Valve by -2.64 Mgbz. Otherwise you could increase the unit flow rate by q2.

That is why you make the big money. :biggrin

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
;o)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Building a pond up here (regardless of the source of the water) is a one way ticket to your own personal living hell.

You instantly will be running the risk of loosing your land for all intents and purposes (but still be liable for the taxes) and put yourself within the legal sights of all the county, state and federal agencies that have a stake in anything to do with water or wildlife, not to mention any neighbors that can (and when they see $, will) claim you are messing with the water flow (underground or above ground) on and around their property.

You would be in less hot water killing someone. :frown

Getting rid of a pond would be even worse. :bang

Be careful of creating a "wetland" that may come under the scrutiny of the EPA!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Be careful of creating a "wetland" that may come under the scrutiny of the EPA!

That is exactly why it is creating your own personal living hell. I just took the long way around telling the story.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

I know of another person who also drilled a well down by Tucson and had similar results. It's amazing how much water is under the desert down there.

For a really good education on water in the Arizona desert read The Secret Knowledge of Water : Discovering the Essence of the American Desert by Craig Childs. He takes weeks long hikes in the Arizona deserts with no water on him and finds it EVERYWHERE he needs it. (He's also in incredible shape for walking in the desert and doesn't need it as often as us tourons.)

one of my neighbors in my 1000 acre community has a 1 acre pond on his 8 acre parcel which he keeps topped off with his 15 GPM water well....

after doing some further measurements on my property i have decided to make my pond closer to 2 acres in size. my backyard which has a 6 foot tall block wall around it is just under an acre in size and will be built like a mini resort in Puerto Vallarta just like my other neighbors spread to the south of me. he has a 15 gpm well. my neighbor to the north of me had to drill two wells because the first one only produced 5 GPM. the second one produced 10 GPM.

lol, my well is spittin out 7X more water than any of the other wells in my community. only 12 of the 120 parcels in my community have water wells as the rest are on city water....

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You must be tapped into an aquafer. Do you know which one? Who owns the mineral rights?