Karma - WAAAY better in person.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Just ran across a Fisker Karma in a parking lot at lunch. I couldn't tell what it was at first since it comes across so differently in photos vs. live. I never liked it before as it looked like a design student creation IMO. Mind changed.. it is almost Maserati-ish. Weird.

Wikipedia image:

Attachments

• Fisker_Karma_2.jpg
    Fisker_Karma_2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 2,852

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I've seen it quite a few times where I live in silver. It always draws a crowd.

The grill blows (looks like the Joker), but the rest of the car is very lithe and I agree that it harkens the Maser. The interior is extremely well appointed and rich looking.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I've seen one in person as well and it did nothing at all for me.

I second what Herb said about the nose...and 'add that the side profile of the car in the area from about the rear edge of the front door glass to where the base of the windshield meets the hood makes it appear as though the 'frame' of the car had somehow broken causing the car to 'sag' in that area, but, its rocker panels had somehow managed to remain straight regardless...if that makes any sense.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I've seen it quite a few times where I live in silver. It always draws a crowd.

The grill blows (looks like the Joker), but the rest of the car is very lithe and I agree that it harkens the Maser. The interior is extremely well appointed and rich looking.

Kinda looks like a beemer grille where the designer fell asleep. :facepalm:

John

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
anybody heard how they've been selling?

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I saw 2 in black at Sebring this year and was impressed with the fit and finish. The interior was top notch.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I currently have zero interest in an electric car. Dont care what it looks like..... Even if it has a internal combustion engine.... There might be a point in time where I change my mind, but not yet.

Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I currently have zero interest in an electric car. Dont care what it looks like..... Even if it has a internal combustion engine.... There might be a point in time where I change my mind, but not yet.

It certainly is an evolution thing, that's for sure. 21st century automotive.
We should embrace it. But, hey, I haven't rushed out to buy one either.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I know, I know.... BUT..... Maybe they will someday they will not weigh 5300 pounds!!! (this is the published weight of the Karma....)

It certainly is an evolution thing, that's for sure. 21st century automotive.
We should embrace it. But, hey, I haven't rushed out to buy one either.

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
Fisker Karma Eco Sport

I sourced one of these cars for one of our very good customers and found myself in the middle of a nightmare. Having put 200 miles on the car, which took over a month due to repeated
problems with ECU/software updates, check engine lights and low oil pressure lights. The team at Fisker Orange County were always polite and responsive, but it does not take away
frustration of having gotten stuck on the side of the road waiting on a roll back transporter multiple times. All of this in less than 200 miles!

In my opinion the car was not ready for the public and needs a lot of work to get all of the bugs worked out.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
As many have opined, NO electric car is ready for prime time yet.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Interesting and unique interiors, which is a pleasant surprise from a design standpoint, even if not to personal taste - nice to see something different.

karma.jpg

Karma1.jpg

Karma2.jpg

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Karma3.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Nice. :facepalm:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I saw one in Southern California last weekend. I was not sure what it was when I passed it on the way to tyhe airport. Not a bad looking car in person.

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
I've seen several of these in person and have friends that have bought them. I would say it is a "hot" looking car...except for this added feature!

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/340...ectric-car-fire-karma-nhtsa-investigation.htm

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I've seen several of these in person and have friends that have bought them. I would say it is a "hot" looking car...except for this added feature!

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/340...ectric-car-fire-karma-nhtsa-investigation.htm

Well, to be fair, I seem to remember an F-car or a Lambo or two that have gone up in flames as well.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Fisker's Founder Quits After Electric Automaker's Reported Talks With China's Geely T

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontev...es-loan-and-reported-talks-with-chinas-geely/

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California