Boost a Pump Installation Procedures for a GT?

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
OK, another question came to mind. I have both BAP input (fused) wires resting (zip-tied actually) in a plastic sheath on top of the one of the large metal tubes.

P1000799c.jpg

Does anybody know if that large metal tube contains coolant? If it does contain coolant, will it get too hot to have those wires resting on it?

Any assistance would be appreciated before I insert all of the inner-fender fasteners.

Best Regards,
Waldo

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
OK, another question came to mind. I have both BAP input (fused) wires resting (zip-tied actually) in a plastic sheath on top of the one of the large metal tubes.

View attachment 24444

Does anybody know if that large metal tube contains coolant? If it does contain coolant, will it get too hot to have those wires resting on it?

Any assistance would be appreciated before I insert all of the inner-fender fasteners.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Probably won't hurt them, but since you still have the fender liner off it is better to move them futher away. No use to heat them up more than neccessary, the current flow will do that.

Reactions: Waldo

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hey, there's 2 Boost-A-Pump threads going at the same time! Can we combine them?

Ed

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Hey, there's 2 Boost-A-Pump threads going at the same time! Can we combine them?

Ed
Sounds good to me.