2011 Ford GT Rally . Miller Motorsports Park. Orientation Laps

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ship it to the hotel? Pre print the return label, to get it back home? I sure prefer my own helmet.

They got helmets to rent/borrow? No room to bring mine

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
They got helmets to rent/borrow? No room to bring mine

Ship it in your car?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
He's driving. When you have a passenger, there's no room for helmet.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
From the Utah Motorsports Campus website: "If you do not have a helmet, you can rent one from us for $20/day"

https://www.utahmotorsportscampus.com/on-track/open-track-day-for-street-and-race-cars-in-utah.html

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
He's driving.

So, he can WEAR the helmet! Problem solved!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
So, he can WEAR the helmet! Problem solved!

When we were practising for the Bib Bend race last week, me and my navigator wore our helmets so we could check out the new Rugged Radio intercom. Every other driver on the road looked at us like we were a couple of complete cocks!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thats the way I felt at R4, when the rental car with my street clothes left the Mile early. I had to drive home in a drivers suit, that would have been fine, but I had to stop for gas....

Every other driver on the road looked at us like we were a couple of complete cocks!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You couldn’t pay me to wear someone else helmet

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
my helmet is out of date for SA, any recommendations for getting a new one. Have a Simpson Diamondback now but its SA2005 will they check them at the track. Would like to wait and get the Sparco kit.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I had an SA2005 also. I just got another Bell, I got the RS7. It's my 3rd Bell, they fit my head well. All suppliers have the new standard, SA2015

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I am found the arai helmets were "shorter" and gave me more clearance to the head liner. I still had to have the seat tilted pretty far back to fit but it did help.