New Kid on the Block

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
Although I aquired my 2005 FGT in August of 2011, for Forum purposes I just recently made the transition from "Spectator" to "Owner." I probably fall substantially out side the boundries of the age demographics for GT owners since I will be 82 this comming Cinco de Mayo. I have been retired for some 23 years since ending a 36 year career in Product Engineering with FoMoCo. I have an unbridled love of high performance automobiles and always managed to "evaluate" some of the best during my time with Ford. Since retirement I have built two replica vehicles, a Lotus Super 7 and a Jaguar XJ13. For those of you who know about the XJ13 my gravitation to the Ford GT will be obvious. Except for some slalom racing and turnig a few parade laps at Sebring and Palm Beach International Raceway I plan to drive the GT for the sheer pleasure of driving it. As for performance upgrades, I would consider the pulley change but only if I can find a reputable GT savy shop here in SE Florida. I find this Forum to be a treasure trove of information on these unique automobiles and I read it faithfully. Call me Red Baron or RB for short.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Good to hear from you Red Baron and thanks for the intro!

You likely already know we have more than a few here who worked for Ford and specifically on the Ford GT development and production programs.

Glad to have another Ford guy on this board!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations! If George Bush is skydiving at 88, driving the GT at 81 is just getting started!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Welcome! Heffner Performance in Sarasota can perform the upgrade you're considering. I don't believe you will find anyone closer who knows the GT better.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Welcome!!

H

HHGT

Well RB we'll just consider you the Hugh Heffner of the GT. Congrats.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Well done. I hope at 82 I'm ripping around in a 600hp beast as well. Enjoy it. You only live once.

H

HHGT

BTW and just for the record, younger, gorgeous, voluptuous women will not be throwing themselves at you just because of your GT.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Welcome. I second the referral to Jason Heffner, Heffner Performance in Sarasota. He and his staff have experience with this car few can claim. You might want him to install his exhaust as well. Makes the car sound incredible. Hope to meet you at a GT function soon.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Welcome and congrats. Post pics of the GT and the two reps as well.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Awesome story. I admire you and can only hope I will be doing the same at 80+!
Please consider coming to the rally this year. Would love to meet you....

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Congrats and that is awesome, there is a 84 year old I know of drag racing (Second oldest person with NHRA liscense I believe) on Radial tires and running mid 6's @ 240+ in the 1/4mile with a mustang> I hope to be this active or make it that late in Life. Its great to see people of this age enjoying life to its fullest....Enjoy your car and you will love it.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
[QUOTE: As for performance upgrades, I would consider the pulley change but only if I can find a reputable GT savy shop here in SE Florida. I find this Forum to be a treasure trove of information on these unique automobiles and I read it faithfully. Call me Red Baron or RB for short.[/QUOTE]

Torrie,a member of this forum, at http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/ has his own pulley/tune program....believe he is in St.Augustine,FL. Where are you located???

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I hope I'd be able to get out of bed without any assistance when I'm 81, let alone having the mojo and alertness to drive a GT! Congrats! Then again, 4 years ago, I did meet a guy at the track, who was 82 and was tracking a F Scuderia. Enjoy you new toy!

GTED

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Red Baron, welcome to the fold. I hope that you're able to enjoy your GT for many many MANY more years. Congrats on the car. I hope that I'm still enjoying mine when I get to your age.

As previously stated, I echo the call for pics of your GT AND pics of your Seven and Jag. And I look forward to reading any FoMoCo stories and GT and other car tales you care to tell us.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Welcome Red Baron. Finally, someone older than Ralphie.

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
Slalom Racing 1.jpgOK, as requested, here are some pic's.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
And the P51?.........................Yours I hope? :thumbsup :biggrin

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have yet another hero. Great stuff. Inspiring.

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
pic000.jpg]And now the Lotus and the Jag.

Attachments

• Rotus in FL.jpg
    Rotus in FL.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 220