GT Trailer Nirvana

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Esteemed friends,

Ever since I bought my GT, I have found occasional need to transport it in my Haulmark trailer. The pain in the rump has been the fact that you can't open the doors wide enough to get out of the car once it's inside. Thus, unless one were to crawl out of the open window (very bad form) one cannot drive into the trailer, but must instead pull it in by the nose ring with a winch.

I was minding my own business at the Barrett-Jackson auction, when I was assaulted by a sudden urge to buy a new trailer. Below are photos of the beauty. I, of course, have no relation to the company except that I am a customer. Similar to a Trailex, except much beefier. The quality is impeccable. It is all aluminum, with one piece composite walls, floor and roof. GT door easily clears the tires, once the wheel well is removed (spin off two wing nuts and its off).

Pulls like a dream. Not cheap, however.
DSC_1871-1.jpg

DSC_1872-1.jpg

DSC_1876-1.jpg

DSC_1883-1.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Beautiful RED GT

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It looks really nice!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Wow. That's nice.

H

HHGT

That should haul your mid year corvette very nicely.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Does the logo say "JIMGLO" ?

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Does the logo say "JIMGLO" ?

Yes, made by a company called JIMGLO. Revered among the super high end hot rod crowd. Very small company with a very loyal following. The workmanship is off the chart. Walls are over an inch thick and super smooth and glossy.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
You betcha -- it will swallow that little Corvette right up.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Was that at Socttsdale? I looked at about 10 trailers. Most were actually in Arizona so the opportunity to go down and pick it up is good. Plus, most will make a "short height" for the GT to avoid the trailer drag. Still looking.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Esteemed friends,

Ever since I bought my GT, I have found occasional need to transport it in my Haulmark trailer. The pain in the rump has been the fact that you can't open the doors wide enough to get out of the car once it's inside. Thus, unless one were to crawl out of the open window (very bad form) one cannot drive into the trailer, but must instead pull it in by the nose ring with a winch.

I was minding my own business at the Barrett-Jackson auction, when I was assaulted by a sudden urge to buy a new trailer. Below are photos of the beauty. I, of course, have no relation to the company except that I am a customer. Similar to a Trailex, except much beefier. The quality is impeccable. It is all aluminum, with one piece composite walls, floor and roof. GT door easily clears the tires, once the wheel well is removed (spin off two wing nuts and its off).

Pulls like a dream. Not cheap, however.
View attachment 23834

View attachment 23835

View attachment 23836

View attachment 23837
WOW! First how long is the trailer...........can it be made on a 20 footer, also is it light or heavy.........nice ....real nice gtjoey1314

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
WOW! First how long is the trailer...........can it be made on a 20 footer, also is it light or heavy.........nice ....real nice gtjoey1314

Joey,

The trailer is 24' long, and can be made in any length. It weighs about 1000 LBS. less than a steel trailer. Still much heavier than a Trailex, however, at about 2900 lbs.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
You are blessed with the ability to write the funniest stuff.

GREAT looking trailer!

I was minding my own business at the Barrett-Jackson auction, when I was assaulted by a sudden urge to buy a new trailer.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"...when I was assaulted by a sudden urge to buy a new trailer."

Actually, I think that's referred to as an 'impulse'...and a purchase in such a moment is referred to as 'impulse buying'. :lol In this case it appears you really hit pay dirt by succumbing to it! :thumbsup:thumbsup

There's a vid on the company's website showing the fender/side door operation for those who may be interested. It's just as simple an operation as one would expect:

http://www.jimglo.com/enclosed-car-trailers-bumper-pull/

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Was that at Socttsdale?

JIMGLO
469 South Haskell Avenue
Willcox, AZ 85643

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Was that at Socttsdale? I looked at about 10 trailers. Most were actually in Arizona so the opportunity to go down and pick it up is good. Plus, most will make a "short height" for the GT to avoid the trailer drag. Still looking.

They had a nice display at Barrett-Jackson. You can custom order a short height; the trailer I bought was their super loaded display trailer and it had a foot or extra height. The trailers are so popular that there is a significant wait time for new customers.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I need this.

That is one bad looking setup.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
That is a nice setup!!! I have been faced with the same problem, I sold my carmate and ordered a new 28ft prowler out of Georgia on Thursday. Should be done in 3 weeks.

http://www.trailershopper.com/files/25421_6.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Trailer is definitely sweet.

Can we discuss the ballpark cost?

Thanks

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
18' starts at 20k. a 1 k per foot extra length + upgrades.

pricing available on thier web site

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
pricing available on thier web site

My bad. Sorry