Fubar's GT Build

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Any kind of official or unofficial get together? What happened to the Bony memorial gathering?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Got it, I know exactly where that is. I always walk the outside areas before the floor opens.

It will be outside, I am told near the Ford exhibit but I don’t really know. I’ll post up details as soon as I have them.

MoTeC Magic

Spectator
Aug 21, 2009
Dallas, TX
Hey Guys,

TireStickers.com booth, outside.
Booth number #60008

Come by and say hi if at the show.

Cheers!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Any kind of official or unofficial get together? What happened to the Bony memorial gathering?

Yes -" If you're going to SEMA this year, and would like to get together with me, I'll be at the Palm Restaurant (in Caesar's Palace Arcade) on Wednesday evening from 6pm until about 8.

I look forward to seeing any of you - please pass this along to any other GT owners that you know will be at SEMA. Ralphie.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I don’t get into town until Wednesday afternoon but I’ll try to make it over there. I’ll will update via the site ahead of time.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ill be going down this morning, Im on east coast time still, so ready to go (but its still dark out here)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

There was a separate post for the dinner. It's still on for tomorrow night

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There was a separate post for the dinner. It's still on for tomorrow night

The notice must be posted in Alpha Centauri :)

If it was the one at Caesars something else came up and I couldn't make it. Maybe next year!

Hope everyone is having a great time!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I am a big fan of your project! Maybe I missed it somewhere, but have you posted any output numbers yet (even preliminary)? Hp/tq, boost level, etc. Must be impressive.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Well we did some break-in dynos and noticed the car was miss-firing at lower rpms, we assume it has a bad coil but the exhaust gas temp sensors were not setup at the time so we couldn’t narrow it down to which cylinder. We were also running low on time with SEMA looming. The limited dyno information we gathered showed that around 5-6lbs of boost, at just 6k rpm, the car was north of 550hp... the hp power curve had not begun to level off so it is assume there is quite a bit left... that’s all we know for sure. It was making more power than I expected at low boost levels and conservative timing.

We literally finished up everything the days leading up to SEMA so we just havent gone back and done a full pump gas tune yet. The plan is to be on a dyno as soon as possible after the truck unloads the car in Dallas. After we make our first couple of 1,000 hp pulls, we go back and retorque the head bolts... then we go for broke. E85, Race fuels and finally a little laughing gas just so we can say “Go Baby, Go!”

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Appreciate the update! I will continue to stay tuned...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well we did some break-in dynos and noticed the car was miss-firing at lower rpms, we assume it has a bad coil but the exhaust gas temp sensors were not setup at the time so we couldn’t narrow it down to which cylinder. We were also running low on time with SEMA looming. The limited dyno information we gathered showed that around 5-6lbs of boost, at just 6k rpm, the car was north of 550hp... the hp power curve had not begun to level off so it is assume there is quite a bit left... that’s all we know for sure. It was making more power than I expected at low boost levels and conservative timing.

We literally finished up everything the days leading up to SEMA so we just havent gone back and done a full pump gas tune yet. The plan is to be on a dyno as soon as possible after the truck unloads the car in Dallas. After we make our first couple of 1,000 hp pulls, we go back and retorque the head bolts... then we go for broke. E85, Race fuels and finally a little laughing gas just so we can say “Go Baby, Go!”

Hey buddy it was great to see you at the show !!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey Mark how about an update on your GT??

Chip

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Yea, what he said!!!

Mark you have been absent for FAR too long.

Give us an update. Will the car again be at PRI this year? (with you?)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Agree with the above.

hope all is well and the you have an update for us soon.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I saw the car and Mark last year at SEMA.. I thought it was it was completed ..

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am here... the car is not 'done'... I I cry myself to sleep often.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I am here... the car is not 'done'... I I cry myself to sleep often.
It can go back to stock in about a week bud. Then you can enjoy driving a GT again. Buy a stock motor, use stock pcm and wiring harness, take all the crap off it and just enjoy the car! 30k and you are driving your GT again.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am not sure if I posted this here but this was a video I made for my kids friends. They wanted to know what the heck I did.... sometimes, I do too.

Reactions: GTMD