May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Apply for some funds on kick starter man !!! Get this thing done !! :biggrin

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Fubar, Haven't heard about your progress in quite awhile. Any updates?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Sorry, it's taking a long time but it's getting there. We had to run additional cooling lines to the front of there car to handle the volume of cooling we are working with. That was an unexpectedly long fabrication process. The wiring harness is 95% complete, just needs a few connectors on the engine harness. I suspect that all of the parts will be sent to coating by the end of April. When they get back, it's all assembled and we begin tuning.

You can see the control panel we added in front under the elbow rest. It will have traction control options and fuel switching options (and super secrect squirrel options). You can also see the addition of new hardline coolant tubes under the ECU plate. Those little tubes were a PITA to fit, weld and test. The plate mounts the ignition module and new Motec hardware.

These pictures are 2 months old so the harness further along and the blue tape is gone.

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 506
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 504
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
How much power are you wanting to make out of this build? I was wondering if you have looked into any of the oiling issues with big horsepower cars. Maybe your not trying to make such killer power but with as much as you are doing I would think you are wanting big power as well. Just thought I would ask.

Mark H.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Do you think you'll be bringing it to Rally XI ?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Fubar, Are you bringing your GT to Austin for Rally XI in Sept?

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, in boxes. Sorry Mark, couldn't resist

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Mark,

Hopefully things on the GT build have been progressing since I saw it last. You have been absent from our Forum get togethers for far too long.

Rally XI is in your backyard.

You really need to finish this project up and show it to the ownership ranks! Take credit for all your innovative hard design work.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Yes, in boxes. Sorry Mark, couldn't resist

good one Frank...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Dr Frank owes you a beer Fubar at the Rally! And he owes me too!

Ed

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Fubar, are you still alive? Haven't heard from you since April. I imagine you are in the tuning phase now per your April post. How's it going?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Is Fubar coming to the Rally in Austin?

Ed

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Maybe the comment about Fubar bringing his FGT to the Rally in boxes chased him away.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Sorry, it's taking a long time but it's getting there. We had to run additional cooling lines to the front of there car to handle the volume of cooling we are working with. That was an unexpectedly long fabrication process. The wiring harness is 95% complete, just needs a few connectors on the engine harness. I suspect that all of the parts will be sent to coating by the end of April. When they get back, it's all assembled and we begin tuning.

You can see the control panel we added in front under the elbow rest. It will have traction control options and fuel switching options (and super secrect squirrel options). You can also see the addition of new hardline coolant tubes under the ECU plate. Those little tubes were a PITA to fit, weld and test. The plate mounts the ignition module and new Motec hardware.

These pictures are 2 months old so the harness further along and the blue tape is gone.

Cheers

that would be an understatement ;) sorry Mark I think everyone is looking forward to seeing your car but you are taking tooooooooo looooooong :)

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I know, every time I think we are almost done.... something new comes up. I would love to say I am going to be there but its a craps shoot at this point. Close but who knows? I can see the light at the end of the tunnel or maybe I'm just dying of from the wait and its another kind of light at the end of the tunnel I'm seeing? Sooooo looooooong?!?!?

Teaser photo:

Attachments

• GT 26-sm.jpg
    GT 26-sm.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 412
  • Gauges 2-sm.jpg
    Gauges 2-sm.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 405
  • Gauges 3-sm.jpg
    Gauges 3-sm.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 404

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That's quite a red line! Hope you make it (to the rally)!

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Love the 300 MPH speedo.

My kids ask about the car all the time. They had fun checking out the shop and the car. Hope to see you around soon.