Fubar's GT Build

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Well, Fish just installed the blow down tube, small ⅜ fitting under the seat that is flush to the outside. I dont have any pictures of the plumbing yet but here are a few of the bracket we made. It attaches to the seat (say as the fire bottle) and it bolts up to the frame behind the kick panel.

Maybe fish can chime in with more details... hell, he'd probably be willing to cut you a deal on the bracket. I suspect he is ready for some ROI.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 417

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Rally 12?

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Really cool Mark !! I hear you met my nephew at cars and coffee .. He enjoyed meeting you and seeing your car !! Hope to see your bad boy someday !!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Well, Fish just installed the blow down tube, small ⅜ fitting under the seat that is flush to the outside. I dont have any pictures of the plumbing yet but here are a few of the bracket we made. It attaches to the seat (say as the fire bottle) and it bolts up to the frame behind the kick panel.

Maybe fish can chime in with more details... hell, he'd probably be willing to cut you a deal on the bracket. I suspect he is ready for some ROI.

It would be a laugh if you had a leak. :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks fantastic! love the quality on your build, it really is a masterful piece of work!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Rally 12?

Ed

Thought about begging Dave for a last minute reservation but I am fearful of tuning grimlins.

Currently I have 1 (maybe 2) coils that are giving me problems.
We still need to setup the knock sensor sensitivity.
Traction control is in there but untested.
Boost by gear - requires finding the power limit of the tires in each gear.
Then there is E85 tune and a race fuel tunes.

Nitrous will be calculated based on tables. No need to pop that cork on a dyno.

Then we can address any little drive-ability issues.... based on historic progress, I'd say two weeks is overly optimistic.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It would be a laugh if you had a leak. :lol

'If your going to go... go with smile!'
- J. Napier

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks Soroush

MoTeC Magic

Spectator
Aug 21, 2009
Dallas, TX
Hi Guys,

We bought an off the shelf nitrous bracket and modified it. The bottle and bracket were listed at 7" dia. but the bottle was significantly under that so we have smaller rings in production now. The floor bracket picks up the front seat fasteners just like the fire bottle as Mark mentioned, and we picked up two fastens on the diagonal frame rail in the kick panel fuse area for the front of the bracket. The floor bracket is 1/8" alum with 3 welded tabs. 1/8" isn't really thick enough on its own to support the bottle weight especially considering the leverage it has on the flat floor bracket, but we needed it thin to hide properly under the carpet. The bracket isn't going anywhere due to the fasteners at each end, but to achieve the strength we needed in twist, we used a 3m double sided tape on the entire bottom side of the bracket.

The pluming comes in through the firewall near the AC lines. One -4AN feed line for nitrous to the motor, and one -8AN blow down line. The feed line routes along side the driver rocker with the rest of our custom hard lines for the IC, and the blow down tube is there to release the pressure of the bottle and its contents outside of the car should the burst disc blow. It routes through the front firewall and down to a fitting welded to the top side of the front belly pan, leaving a flat, flush hole in the bottom of the pan where the fitting would dump nitrous should it need to to prevent bottle rupture.

You can see the solenoids (nitrous to motor and purge) on the IC water tank between the IC inlet an outlet. The Nitrous solenoid is hardline to the IC outlet, just ahead of the DBW throttle body. The purge is hardline to the license plate frame, Mark has one of the billet Ford GT frames that had a camera pocket in the top... we machined it to take a LED and the purge line discharge. It will purge out the back and light it up blue. We'll see how it looks as soon as we get the bottle back in the car with the new rings.

Having the belly pan off to install this stuff above and the new turn signal LED bulbs, we took the opportunity to replace the bottom radiator shroud that I was never happy with. I have also attached images showing the lower radiator alum shroud we just built that matches the upper alum shroud we built a while back. The rubber OE shrouds are thin, leak air around the cores, and rip over time. This is a much better solution.

Cheers

Attachments

• Belly Pan 3.jpg
    Belly Pan 3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Belly Pan 2.jpg
    Belly Pan 2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Floor Bracket.jpg
    Floor Bracket.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 263
  • bottle mount.jpg
    bottle mount.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_5009.jpg
    IMG_5009.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_5011.jpg
    IMG_5011.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 314
  • Lower Radiator Shroud 1.jpg
    Lower Radiator Shroud 1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 260
  • Lower Radiator Shroud 2.jpg
    Lower Radiator Shroud 2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 263
  • Fischer GT.jpg
    Fischer GT.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 267

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So close to being ready! Cool.

Ed

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Ya know how the engine is exposed on a Ford Deuce hot rod, is this the modern interpretation!?

Flathead in the front on the oldie vs. Sumthin Wild in the back on the newbie!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Over the top!!!
Congrats!!!
Mark

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hell of a project. Very impressive.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Not sure if any of you guys are going to make it out to SEMA this year but this car will be on display somewhere along the main drag (I am told). It is part of the “Battle of the Builders” competition so hopefully it gets some good attention. She looked pretty good for an 11 year old car when they loaded her on the truck. Hopefully there aren’t any twin-turbo 2017 FGTs out there, oh wait.... they’re all twin-turbos. Damn!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
StormCat will be there. His new GT will be a showcar as well.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Cool, maybe he will let me sit in it, I just need somebody to make engine noises so I can pretend to be racing.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
jeez oh pizza! what a project! incredible job! I've been following this since it was a bare chassis tipped on it's side. wow!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, we are having him evaluate your work and build. We have given him a report card to fill out.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Do you have any more detail as to where it's going to be? You say main drag, is it inside or outside? We will be there, want to be sure to see it.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It will be outside, I am told near the Ford exhibit but I don’t really know. I’ll post up details as soon as I have them.