Dallas, TX
Part two of that little jewel.

Reactions: Brombear and GTMD

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
That is one amazing build! I am blown away. Thank you for the updates.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Crazy, but it looks done??? Have you driven it? Had to look, this thread started in 2011, some amazing work.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Wow, killer build. In way too deep to back out now.

Are the upstream injectors always methanol? (Or did I miss that).

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mark,

Back in 2016 I noted that during the time this build has been in progress the GT had gone from "Cutting Edge Supercar" to "Timeless Classic!" Today after another 3 years the Ford GT is a "Vintage Blue Chip Investment Automobile". I honestly feel your pain Mark. Heffner did a super nice TT setup on my GT and I really enjoyed it. Ran 220.1 at the Mile. THEN....I started chasing 230. I couldn't leave well enough alone. A ridiculous sum of money and countless mods later......all I got was frustration. My days at the Mile are now over and my GT is pretty much back to stock. I'm enjoying it more than ever. Last weekend I was hauling ass through the mountains in central Arizona in the '06 GT and it was nirvana. After driving a '92 Porsche 911 the previous day that GT was so much better in every way. Better balanced, better handling, way more power, sure footed, effortless speed. These cars are appreciating because they are magnificent.

Two years ago during our drive around Europe I still had my 1100HP setup with a super stiff Spec clutch. It would have been much more plesant with a stock GT. When my GT got back to the U.S. it went back to the GT Guy and I shipped Rich all of my stock parts. My GT won't ever see 220 at the Mile again, but it's a joy to drive.

For the longest time I told myself that I'm in so deep I can't stop now. KEEP GOING!! But the farther I went, and the more power my GT produced the less plesant driving it became. So yeah, I've been there and done that. That week driving through Europe crawling through narrow cobblestone paths and at warp speeds with 5 other GT's cleared everything up. Enough of this, I want my original car back. All better now.

Just a thought.

Chip

Reactions: BAT and ByeEnzo

Tiago

GT Owner
Apr 9, 2019
Houston, TX
I am glad to see this car is finally running but holy moly do you have some patience........

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Will this car be running the Mile?

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
The judgment of ChipBeck, both reassuring and extremely interesting, is to be carefully meditated.

He confirms that the best is often the enemy of good.

The ideal is much more often in harmony and equilibrium than in excess.

Including its aesthetics, the Ford GT 2005 is a perfect and timeless illustration of that idea.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Nasty sound :eek:

Reactions: Xcentric

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Maybe you could dump the blower through some tuned pipes. Add MoTec control to some valves and play some pipe organ tunes. Don't stop, you're almost there.

Choir.jpg

This isn't the longest build project. Yet. My friend Marty Quadland spent nine years on his Coyote-powered Pantera. The result was well worth the wait and the effort. I hope this is too. Some epic engineering and fabrication going on there. Maybe a 300 mph speedometer isn't enough.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
talk about blue balls.......

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...It would have been much more pleasant with a stock GT. When my GT got back to the U.S. it went back to the GT Guy and I shipped Rich all of my stock parts....

Fubar - are you going back to stock?

Ed

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Why half-ass it, when you can over do it?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Too much is never enough!

Reactions: Ed Sims and 2112

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Are the upstream injectors always methanol? (Or did I miss that).
The upstream injectors where originally designed to use the engine fuel. There was some concern about 'flash back' thru the intercooler but we actually address that what-if possibility with large burst plates to relieve pressure in the off chance that we had that happen. Then we thought, why not just use water? straight out of that 10 gallon tank? I liked that idea more. Honestly tho, we hope we never have to turn those things on... they are strictly for extreme conditions, and only when all of the blow-off valves are open.

I am glad to see this car is finally running but holy moly do you have some patience........
Not really... I just have had many many tantrums but I am not gonna lie, I do love this stuff almost as much as driving the GT.

Will this car be running the Mile?
Oh yes, for sure, no doubt. The date of it's mile run is really the big question.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...The date of it's mile run is really the big question.
we will be there!

Ed

Reactions: GTMD