Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shadowman's "Something Cool to Share"

I want to begin by expressing my most sincere appreciate to Pe2unia aka John and his friend and very anal/particular machinist Jim as they have worked hard over the past couple years creating some wonderful personal touch pieces for the gals and now what I consider to be an extremely wonderful mechanical enhancement for the Whipple gals.

Now having shared this what many do not know is the fact that when our economy went south it affected Jim on a grand scale and yet he pushed on never compromising the products as presented to all of us through Pe2unia aka John. As a reminder; here are a few of the items that Pe2unia aka John and John have presented thus far; the billet clamshell vents, the billet seat harness bezels, the engine bay struts, and now the custom Whipple supercharger pulley.

Pe2unia aka John contacted me many weeks ago asking what I thought about an alternate pulley for the Whipple supercharger sharing that Jim had created such a pulley for other applications and then “bang” the light went off and I told Pe2unia aka John that I had successfully used Jim’s pulley on Vortex superchargers; in fact they made the difference between a slipping and noisy belt versus a quiet slip free one hence boost. I then went on to say that I would like to try one on the Whipple supercharger. I wanted to try it on Ed Sims gal because his supercharger belt has always been prone too making noise; in fact we have replaced it several times and there was evidenced of slippage when operated under high boost levels. FYI; this design pulley has machine slots in the pulley that make certain that no air can become trapped between the supercharger belt and the pulley which is one of the reasons that supercharger belts will slip.

Jim agreed to make me one and once received I had it hard anodized and then it was immediately placed on Ed Sims gal. When I installed it I did “not” use the Whipple furnished snout idler designed to increase pulley belt wrap to determine just how effective it would be in this application.

I can share after numerous WOT dyno pulls with her creating approximately 850 RWHP and torque of approximatley 835 that the belt does not slip nor does it make “any” noise as such I consider this product a “home run” and a wonderful addition to the Ford GT community and a worthy consideration.

Thank you Pe2unia aka John and Jim for bringing another wonderful product to the community.

Takes care

Shadowman
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Shadowman; 08-15-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    "RIP my friend Daniel Bonyhadi aka Bony"

Shadowman, I am using the 19 inch pulley on my Whipple now... Questions:

What is the diameter of this pulley?

Aprox how much HP will be gained?

Do I need to change boost levels?

Can you install at the Rally? ( I'll be there the 22-27 )

Quote Originally Posted by GTFUN View Post
    Shadowman, I am using the 19 inch pulley on my Whipple now... Questions:

What is the diameter of this pulley?

Aprox how much HP will be gained?

Do I need to change boost levels?

Can you install at the Rally? ( I'll be there the 22-27 )
    Thank you for the reply

First of all the pulley size could remain as you presently have; meaning Jim would machine a few different size pulleys so as to create the same gross boost level however this pulley design will IMO insure that you do not have belt slip when she is under boost which causes a fluctuation and lose of boost; this is a situation that many have and will continue to experience. Furthermore the custom pulley does a much better job of allowing the belt to remain in constant contact with the the pulley as such the secondary snout pulley IMO is no longer required for the moderate boost applications; I have not tested a higher boost application as such I can not confirm that it would not be required when creating 21 and greater PSI.

As for installing one at the Rally; I would be glad to however sadly this is not possible because Jim will need to get a feel for the number of folks that would like one followed by the machining and then the hard anodizing of them.

Takes care

Shadowman

GT Owner

You'll have to tell me more about this when we chat. Looks pretty awesome.
    Wonder if it will help my squeaking problem when cold?
    2005 Black Stripe delete Ford GT with lots of goodies
    Some old slow stuff and some newer fast stuff
    Rally III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII ...
    2016 Le Mans attendee
    2016 Daytona atttendee
    Texas and Florida miles

Ferrari Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by GTFUN View Post
    Shadowman, I am using the 19 inch pulley on my Whipple now...
    Boy, I'd like to see that

How do you get it to clear the alternator??

Quote Originally Posted by jaxgt View Post
    You'll have to tell me more about this when we chat. Looks pretty awesome.
    Wonder if it will help my squeaking problem when cold?
    At the Rally we will chat and yes it will help; much

All the best

Shadowman

Quote Originally Posted by RALPHIE View Post

LOL me too .... I missed this all together as I (we) knew what he was sharing

Shadowman

Quote Originally Posted by RALPHIE View Post

Do an inch to PSI conversion, using Whipple's lookup tables.
    BlackICE

I like it.

Are you compiling a build list now?

Ya know, all these years and you still can't get a hand model.