Race Deck vs. Whom

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Or why not just polish and stain the concrete like DBK did with his garage. Not sure this race deck stuff would work if you are installing a lift (or two) in your garage.

https://www.concretenetwork.com/photo-gallery/floor-logos-and-more_122/

Last edited:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I have Swisstrack flooring which is very similar to race deck.

PM sent with additional questions.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I laid down Race Deck many years ago and it still looks new. Easy to install and clean. If you tell Race Deck that you are a Ford GT owner, I think they still offer a discount.

Howard--looks great! I noticed that you went with the diamond and not the freeflow. Both Florida and North Jersey get a lot of rain, and the northeast gets snow. How did you arrive at the decision? Any problems with moisture underneath the tile, or the floor getting slippery or stained?

Kenneth

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I've had my Racedeck floor for about 10 years now and still look pretty good though it has faded just a little. Only way I know that is to lay down one of my spare tiles on the floor for comparison. You'll see I have a 4-post lift on top of the Racedeck... No issues at all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
In the few places where water had a history of coming in (under a side door, back wall of garage) I used the freeflow tile so water would go under the tile and evaporate rather than gather on top. Has never been a problem. The tile makes noise when you walk on it, as if you were wearing tap shoes. I'm so used to it I don't even hear it any more. Finally, because the garage is big (36 X 36) and unheated, the linked tiles cannot float freely with heavy cars on it. As a result they can lift slightly due to thermal expansion between cars in hot weather. Not a big deal. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the look and the price. No stains. Like any smooth surface the RaceDeck tiles can be slippery with oil, antifreeze, WD-40. Proper clean up is called for.

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I laid down Race Deck many years ago and it still looks new. ...If you tell Race Deck that you are a Ford GT owner, I think they still offer a discount.

Hello - Yes, All FGT forum members get a great discount on RACEDECK, just mention you are a member and Yes, I am a fellow FGT owner too :)