NSX Owners?

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Anyone else out there that owns a NSX? This is the second one I've owned but this one has been dialed up and I am continuing in that tradition. I had a car (starts with and F second word S then C) come up next to me on the toll way wanting to see who had it going. I smoked him without to much trouble. Now this isn't your mom's NSX, it has a supercharger and other goodies, but now I've decided to go all the way. I'm looking for at least 600 hp out of it. That along with an under 3k lbs. weight would really be serious. I am changing the 5 speed to a 6 speed, adding an aftercooler, rebuilding the engine and tranny, and other mods. :thumbsup It might not be the GT but it definately has some life to it.

John

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I know that there are a few of us on here, mines an 02 with 57,000 miles on it that I've had since new. The only mods on it are short shifter, built in V1 and blinders, and an I-pod hook up. Just couldn't bring myself to sell it, it's the longest that I've ever owned a car. I think that between the NSX and GT, I'll keep them until I can't get in and out of them without "assistance", and even then, it won't be easy to part with them!!!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I had a 91 and an 05. TOSUGRAD on Prime.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Anyone else out there that owns a NSX? This is the second one I've owned but this one has been dialed up and I am continuing in that tradition. I had a car (starts with and F second word S then C) come up next to me on the toll way wanting to see who had it going. I smoked him without to much trouble. Now this isn't your mom's NSX, it has a supercharger and other goodies, but now I've decided to go all the way. I'm looking for at least 600 hp out of it. That along with an under 3k lbs. weight would really be serious. I am changing the 5 speed to a 6 speed, adding an aftercooler, rebuilding the engine and tranny, and other mods. :thumbsup It might not be the GT but it definately has some life to it.

John

Don't you need to wrap up that killer 308 project first? :driving: :biggrin

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Don't you need to wrap up that killer 308 project first? :driving: :biggrin

You sound just like my wife. I always have multiple projects going. Yes the 308 will be going full bore in a couple of weeks. The cool part is I decided to retire early and now I find myself with extra time. So the list is this: 308 to 358, NSX to full bore power, Testarossa rebuild, I have 4 bikes in different stages of build, and several audio builds. So, it's never a dull day around here!

I am almost complete with a full scale layout of the wiring harness for the 308 (358) and will soon overlay some plywood with the print and start the nail board. This is a very tedious part of the job. I hope to have an update on the build in 3-4 weeks. :biggrin

John

PS. This is the second NSX I've had. The other was an 02. For the money they really are the most bang for your buck.

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I had an NSX that I sold just prior to getting my GT. It had a Bell engineering Twin Turbo system on it (only made a little over 400hp, but made the car sooo much more fun) and was one of 300 in the color of Midnight pearl. Very fun car that made me a freak for mid-engine cars.

Best of luck with yours.

Attachments

• IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2536.JPG
    IMG_2536.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_2528.JPG
    IMG_2528.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 553

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I had an NSX that I sold just prior to getting my GT. It had a Bell engineering Twin Turbo system on it (only made a little over 400hp, but made the car sooo much more fun) and was one of 300 in the color of Midnight pearl. Very fun car that made me a freak for mid-engine cars.

Best of luck with yours.

Nice. Yep to make really big numbers I think you need to beef up the bottom end of the engine which is where I'm going next. The GT is plenty beefy like it sits. The car is so nimble it's really a blast to drive. I'm waiting for the perfect GT to for me to come along. Looking for something with 10-30k miles on it.

John

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Loved my two. Probably the best overall cockpit experience you can get into. One of my favorite cars of all time.

DSC03806.jpg

DSC04031.jpg

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
When people ask me to compare the two, I tell them the NSX is like a scalpel, the GT a machete. I also tell them there are a number of similarities, both all aluminum, mid-engine, largely hand made, rare, dependable and thrilling to drive.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I had one and it nearly got me killed. The only accident I have ever had in a supercar was in an NSX. On the limit this car is not so great. The Ford GT is as more "feel" in my opinion and is way easier to bring back from the limit. With that being said, it may have been much better with more HP from a supercharger etc. I think that would help the dynamics dramatically.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I had one and it nearly got me killed. The only accident I have ever had in a supercar was in an NSX. On the limit this car is not so great. The Ford GT is as more "feel" in my opinion and is way easier to bring back from the limit. With that being said, it may have been much better with more HP from a supercharger etc. I think that would help the dynamics dramatically.

The NSX is about 500 lbs. less than the GT so it requires a quicker input than the GT. I like the quick nature of the handling, but you should remember that neither NSX I've owned have been stock or even close, so maybe that accounts for my feedback on it.

John

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Fantastic handling car, stock, supercharged, or turbo'd. Biggest problem with this or any mid-engine or rear engine car is that many people take their foot off the accelerator at the worst possible time and find the rear of the car passing them. I've seen it happen a number of times and it's not pretty.

WA-GT

GT Owner
Aug 3, 2010
Washington State
We are the original owners of a 2001 NSX.
This November will be our 10th anniversary of ownership.
Have kept our NSX totally stock - and the car still has under 10,000 miles.
We have a FGT and in fact will collect a 2012 GT-R within the next 30 days.
That said, we are pleased enough to still keep the NSX.
The NSX is great car for the money when new - and still is.

And all three will roam the roads of Washington's Olympic Peninsula.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Nice addition. Looking forward to seeing this new car in our beautiful Oly-Pen.

PS: Congrats on the upcoming 10 year mark on the NSX too.

DJ

Last edited:

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mine has been at Science of Speed in Arizona now for a few weeks with at least 4-5 more weeks to complete. A stage 2 engine rebuild, new racing clutch, change over to 6 speed, supercharger intercooler, and many other mods. Wifey told me to send it out since I am rebuilding the Ferrari 308 (358) as told in another thread. This is my second NSX which testifies to how much I like it. :thumbsup

John

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Mine has been at Science of Speed in Arizona now for a few weeks with at least 4-5 more weeks to complete. A stage 2 engine rebuild, new racing clutch, change over to 6 speed, supercharger intercooler, and many other mods. Wifey told me to send it out since I am rebuilding the Ferrari 308 (358) as told in another thread. This is my second NSX which testifies to how much I like it. :thumbsup

John
Chris and crew do great work, I'm sure that you won't be disappointed. I've had my 02 since 2/03 and have loved everyone of the 55,000+ miles I've put on it!!!

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
I drove this 620 RWHP turbo NSX (from Lovefab) last summer. Normally, I've only been of the opinion that the NSX is a car of "it could be fun". This car was incredible. Fast forward to 7:16 to see the car in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LaGBaUmfsg

I still have dreams of that drive :)

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I know of several FGT owners who came from the NSX ranks, AZSTAD being one. My cousin is actually shopping for one now. He's an Air Force pilot and made a very good point that the late model NSX's have dropped to their terminal bottom price in the market. They don't make em' any more, and should hold value well with many trouble-free miles ahead.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I know of several FGT owners who came from the NSX ranks, AZSTAD being one. My cousin is actually shopping for one now. He's an Air Force pilot and made a very good point that the late model NSX's have dropped to their terminal bottom price in the market. They don't make em' any more, and should hold value well with many trouble-free miles ahead.
Tim, where's your cousin located, if he's out here in the northeast there are a few people he should touch base with. If I can help, just LMK

Tomcat

GT Owner
I know of several FGT owners who came from the NSX ranks, AZSTAD being one.

I think this is a wild coincidence, I just found this thread, I have owned AZSTAD's FGT for about 1.5 years and I also have an NSX.