Shelby CSX Cobra For Sale

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So this is where Chip said I should do this :)

Every since I was 16 and heard Cosby's 200 MPH I'd wanted a Cobra. Two years ago this week that dream came true. I bought CSX4005LA at the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale after Shelby GT #1 opened up the garage space.

Anyway, it turns out the chief doesn't share that passion. She'd never heard the Cosby routine that describes how smelly, noisy, shakey and brutal they are. So... As noted elsewhere it's time to switch from an uncivilized beast to a civilized beast. (Note 1). The Ford GT was in the running two years ago but I'd always wanted a Cobra so did that instead. Now it's come full circle. When the Cobra sells it will be replaced with a FGT.

Here's a few pictures.

DSC_7525.jpg

DSC_7559.jpg

DSC_7647.jpg

It's a well equipped Cobra. The body is a relatively uncommon carbon fiber roller. I think they made 6 and probably aren't doing any more now that HST is out of business. Carbon fiber is especially hail friendly. Power train is a Roush 427IR fuel injected small block based engine with a Tremec TKO600 trans. It does not have air conditioning or power steering or power brakes. :)

So the best place for all the details are at Cobra Country:

http://www.cobracountry.com/cobra4salefolder/priborsky-CSX400SLA/home.html

Cheers,
Tony

(Note 1): An alternative was a Daytona Coupe (now CSX9000). It has air conditioning, a radio and regular seat belts. But to the chief it's just a Cobra with a hard top. She's bought in to the FGT though.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
P.S. If you're in Colorado and looking for a good place to take car pictures, Red Rocks at sun up is perfect!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Nice car. Good luck with your sale. Over the last ten years, I have had 3 Cobras, starting with a CSX, then a Kirkham, and lastly a Contemporary. You are spot on with the wives not being a big fan of noisy, obnoxious cars but for a time, I could not be without one. Finally over the addiction... for now. Cobra Country is a good resource for sales. sold all of mine though the site.

Stu

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Are you an Oregon Ducks fan? lol

Good luck with your sale.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Are you an Oregon Ducks fan? lol

Good luck with your sale.

No, and not the Green Bay Packers.

The green paint is actually Jaguar British Racing Green. The yellow stripes are some Mercedes color.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I have seen this car and it is very clean. Good luck with the sale Tony.