For the newbies

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
There are many great mods you can do to your Gt
Cosmetic ones that I like are ;
The stillen splash guards are a must .These will save your lower rockers front and rear.They look like they came with the car.
Project 321 .The door sills replacements.The radiator ,oii and dip stick caps.These are very nice and compliment the car nicely .Mine faded and they replaced them ! A good company.
The billet clam shell vents .These look so good you don't know that they are not stock.Very functional as the the stock ones can wrap.
The hot buttons or the real deal done by Steve Hemstock of Knights automotive.He actually sews them in and is truly a master craftsman when it comes to interiors.He did all the gtx1 interior mods .A very nice guy as well.
Functional mods .This depends on your budget and how you are going to use the car.
Pulley and tune is the best bang for your buck.
BUT YOU MUST GET YOUR CAR TUNED ON A DYNO !!!!NO IF ANDS OR BUTTS ABOUT IT! Anything else may hurt your gal.Torrie at fast parts network is a master tuner.
Remove the air exiting grill and get front gurney lip from Bob Ida.He does the mod very well.so you can put them back on when not on the track .I leave mine off all the time .Looks cool to me !
Make your brake ducts functional .This is a big job but can be done by Rich and Dennis of the Gt GUYS .These 2 are top notch in anything related to a Ford Gt.Also Bob Ida is also top notch.He does great dyno work. Brake ducts and cooling mods a must if you track your car.
The clam shell lever made by the Gt guys .Now you can open the clam shell from one side!
This is a must!This lets you open the clam shell in one easy step This is really one of my favorites
Short throw shifter .Yup a great mod
The little rubber piece that sits in front of the shifter and under the radio .This holds your cell phone nicely.Advertised on the forum
The famous cup holders made by Brian (Stormcat ) very cool and functional.
Tranny cooler , can’t go wrong on this one!
Short throw shifter is real nice and very functional.
Scott Ahlman The chassis engineer from Ford Gt program (now the chassis engineer on the Honda Indy car program)the program produces the finest shock spring set up available for street and track.He has worked with NASCAR and is now with the Honda indy car program.He is a brilliant engineer.Get his shocks and springs while you can! These are awesome!!608-333-7581
Get RID OF YOUR STOCK MUFFLER ! Heavy right where you don't want it ,in the rear! And way to quiet.
Rear bumper delete .This is just beautiful !!! Gives you the nicest ass in town !!! A must have !I find myself opening the garage door just to look at her backside!!I went with the GT guys bumper delete for cooling and the best look in my opinion.
Brembo racing rotors .
Carbotech xp 20's brake pads for the front XP 16's for the rear .Minimal brake dust and no heat soak issues.These pads are awesome!Nothing comes close !
Pro Speed extreme brake fluid.(Pegasus sells it)A 100 degree higher boiling point than anything on the market! or super blue .Also use this for your clutch.
If you ever need to replace your clutch .Go with the Stillen .I'm very happy with it.
Take your wipers off.The car looks so much better from the inside and outside.Leave the wipers in your trunk.
Clear bra every leading edge or your whole car .Do behind the front and rear wheel arches and the whole rocker on your GT I actually did my whole car with expel ultimate!
Ok thats my list of personal mods
A new rear mirror with a back up camera .JCHORNE on the forum came up with this one! Most excellent!
THE GT GUYS RULE ! They are simply the best at what they do period! Also great people who you just hope likes you as much as you like them!
Feel free to add your favorites
ITS THE ONE !
DRIVE HER !
See you at the rally!!!
Also did Kip Ewings center console storage bin
OH ya did the mac relocationThis one is nice because you get the storage piece that comes with the non mac cars .The sub woofer goes behind the passenger seat and the amp goes behind the drivers seat .
You can do a search on the forum for more details on all these upgrades /changes

Attachments

• IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Nice post and great info

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Feel free to add your favorites

Boy, you did not leave much out. How about the clamshell sprung bumper stops, Sub-relocate and if you can swing it, the door hinge swap?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks! This also looks like a list of things to look for.

avjunky

Jul 28, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to post this info. Very helpful for newbies like me.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I would add the various enhancement components offered by Exoticare. I have installed the shifter boot and bezel, e-brake boot, door panel inserts, arm rests and hot buttons. They add real flare while maintaining an OEM appearance.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Make your brake ducts functional .This is a big job but can be done by Rich and Dennis of the Gt GUYS.

I knew Shadowman has done/does this (he posted a buncha step-by-step pics covering the proceedure), but, I wasn't aware R & D did. 'Learn something new every darn day! :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
great post buddy!

H

HHGT

Great Post... How about the Rubber Bumpers behind the passenger seat to avoid shattering the back glass. Cooltech LLC has them.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Don't forget Stillen Splash Guards, Exoticare Shifter Sleeve, Lloyd Floor Mats, zrchris Shift Knobs.....

Howard

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Don't forget Stillen Splash Guards, Exoticare Shifter Sleeve, Lloyd Floor Mats, zrchris Shift Knobs.....

Howard

These are also most excellent. I do have them as well

H

HHGT

BTW, a special friend brought me Lloyd's new GT 4 piece Floor mats. Yes folks, the GT has Four of them and the passenger mat goes all the way to cover the fuse panel.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Check these mats out .I got them made 3 inches wider on both sides
Really sweet
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?16584-Floor-Mats&highlight=floor+mats

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Very helpful. Thanks

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
BTW, a special friend brought me Lloyd's new GT 4 piece Floor mats. Yes folks, the GT has Four of them and the passenger mat goes all the way to cover the fuse panel.

Pics or link?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
roketman - as fast as you get going - you didn't mention the 5 point belts.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Oh yes young Jeff .Belts are a good thing !! If you track your car .I did get that nice harness bar strap and 5 point belts that has gt40 concept on it .But I don't remember from who ? Maybe cobra (forum name)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Oh yes young Jeff .Belts are a good thing !! If you track your car .I did get that nice harness bar strap and 5 point belts that has gt40 concept on it .But I don't remember from who ? Maybe cobra (forum name)

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

4 piece?

H

HHGT

Two that go under the seats. The original is a cheezy foam/carpet cutout that is put away in a box.