Any thoughts on scissor (Lambo) door conversions?

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Do you have to open both of them at the same time?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

No, just makes for a cooler looking picutre :)

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL

Only if you want to prevent a barrel roll upon takeoff.:rofl

Mpinelli24

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2017
Chicago
Are these still the best kits out there? Any competitors compare now? Considering it for my car, hoping there is a better value by now.

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
has anyone had any failures or problems with Guerin"s butterfly doors? also rough idea of cost installed, or can one do it themselves?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have them on my ride and also love them. I also had a Gurney bubble installed at the plant before they closed. I kept the OEM drivers side door and purchased a new door for the bubble. As far as issues, mine could use a very slight adjustment... Maybe Guerin will be at the Rally for an adjustment??

GT at Concours 3.jpg
GT with butterfly doors at home.jpg

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
has anyone had any failures or problems with Guerin"s butterfly doors? also rough idea of cost installed, or can one do it themselves?

If I understand this correctly, the install requires pretty much taking off the whole front end of the car, fenders and all so you better be a seasoned mechanic or really know these cars to accomplish that yourself. someone correct me (and I know you will) if that's incorrect.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
This is a very involved installation. Not recommended for anyone as a DIY (do it yourself) install. We have likely installed more of these than any other installer. We just did a set last week. There are no others and I would be willing to bet there are not going to be any others besides the ones we sell (Guerin). It's a $250k - $400k car depending what you have. If someone comes out with cheaper ones, I guarantee the quality won't hold a candle to these. We install and sell them. Anyone interested, call or text me at (870) 931-8004

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
This is a very involved installation. Not recommended for anyone as a DIY (do it yourself) install. We have likely installed more of these than any other installer. We just did a set last week. There are no others and I would be willing to bet there are not going to be any others besides the ones we sell (Guerin). It's a $250k - $400k car depending what you have. If someone comes out with cheaper ones, I guarantee the quality won't hold a candle to these. We install and sell them. Anyone interested, call or text me at (870) 931-8004

This!

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
We've fitted a set of the Guerin hinges too. Agree 100% with both Scott and Shelby- not a DIY. Once setup right and used as they should be they are a very nice way to make entry and exit easier particularly in tight spaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I have them on my ride and also love them. I also had a Gurney bubble installed at the plant before they closed. I kept the OEM drivers side door and purchased a new door for the bubble. As far as issues, mine could use a very slight adjustment... Maybe Guerin will be at the Rally for an adjustment??

View attachment 46421
View attachment 46422
I have been in Awesome's GT's car and they work well...unless he gives you too much wine and then you still hit your head. And he didn't install the Gurney Bubble. It was the result of...well...wine. Figure it out.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have been in Awesome's GT's car and they work well...unless he gives you too much wine and then you still hit your head. And he didn't install the Gurney Bubble. It was the result of...well...wine. Figure it out.

I was not drinking... it was the pills I took while traveling home from LA to Florida after a golf game. I fell asleep in lane 2 not far from my home in Florida.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I was not drinking... it was the pills I took while traveling home from LA to Florida after a golf game. I fell asleep in lane 2 not far from my home in Florida.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
That's a good one. If it will work for Tiger I'll try it also! LOL

Ed

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have had a burn to do this conversion for the last 7 years. Pretty much from the day I got the car.

I think I asked a question on another thread and Ray Hofman answered that he wasn't too happy with his as they don't always line up correctly on closure and his paint got chunked. :frown I don't think he would have said that if not true.

That testimonial has kept me away, as much as I love looking at your cars with it done (and dislike the practicality of our stock door function).

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I had the same reaction to that comment where I believe the door could slide over the roof and chip the paint. That potential issue along with clearance when parking under a lift has meant keeping the doors stock for me.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I had the same reaction to that comment where I believe the door could slide over the roof and chip the paint. That potential issue along with clearance when parking under a lift has meant keeping the doors stock for me.

Look me up at the Rally in Utah... you can check mine out... white blue with gurney bubble - license plate AWSUM GT... LOVE mine... really glad I went this direction. How high is the lift in area in question? I can measure mine at the highest point if you wish.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I have had a burn to do this conversion for the last 7 years. Pretty much from the day I got the car.

I think I asked a question on another thread and Ray Hofman answered that he wasn't too happy with his as they don't always line up correctly on closure and his paint got chunked. :frown I don't think he would have said that if not true.

That testimonial has kept me away, as much as I love looking at your cars with it done (and dislike the practicality of our stock door function).

I have had a stock car and the car with the doors... Yes you have to be careful and know how to close them and if you do you wont damage the car or the paint. THey are easy and I really think they are practical and look very cool. THat being said definitely a personal touch but if you like the look I would NOT let the fear of paint issues etc. hold you back

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Only way it's going to misalign and damage the paint is if the doors are misused and shut incorrectly by an inexperienced user. I've had them on numerous cars for years and I've never personally damaged a door.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Look me up at the Rally in Utah... you can check mine out... white blue with gurney bubble - license plate AWSUM GT... LOVE mine... really glad I went this direction. How high is the lift in area in question? I can measure mine at the highest point if you wish.

I have clearance of about five feet under the lift ramps. Would be interesting to know the door height.