Any thoughts on scissor (Lambo) door conversions?

robt777

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 28, 2010
Florida & Ohio
I saw a black GT at the Orlando Festival of Speed show that had the scissors door kit installed. Looked pretty neat. The owner wasn't around so I couldn't ask questions. I'm getting a little old to do the duck walk / limbo to try to get in my car when some character parks too close. Any thoughts?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
They are very nice. Made by Bernard who is a forum sponsor.

Wouldn't refer to the as Lambo doors as they are a much different concept. Butterfly doors is a better term :)

robt777

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 28, 2010
Florida & Ohio
Would the butterly door conversion effect the value of the car?

robt777

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 28, 2010
Florida & Ohio
Googled Benard and didn't come up with anything related to auto door hinges. Is there a different company name?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Send KDO GT a PM as he has had his installed for a few months now.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Have'm....love'm........PM me if you'd like more info

Attachments

• P5030410.jpg
    P5030410.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 12,838

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have the NEW design that he makes on my car and LOVE them. Yes, they effect the value...... The make the car worth MORE!

http://www.guerin-design.com/

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
No better solution to the "d.w./l." pblm exists! :thumbsup

But, as you've undoubtedly ascertained for yourself, the market for same is limited to only 4,038 possible customers, so, out of necessity they aren't cheap...like most things really worth having! :lol

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
have'm....love'm........pm me if you'd like more info

show off !

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I would recommend finding a GT with the conversion and then personally trying the ingress/egress and door opening/closing to see if it is to your liking.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Just trying to get another door convert on board:biggrin

But seriously.....they don't entirely eliminate all issues with entering/exiting. I will say I've never hit my head again since the install. And I can park closer to things because I don't need the full swing of the stock doors....but I don't always take advantage of that because who wants to park soooo close to things.:eek My method of getting in is Butt first...and the exact opposite on the way out....I wont says it's absolutely "easy".....I'm relatively fit so it's not a problem....yet:bored

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Here are a few pics of mine I just went out in my shop and took. They work with very little if No effort. Bernard was here a couple of weeks ago and went over the new and improved set up with us and trained our guys to do the installation.
Everything works PERFECTLY and we can install a set on anyones car in 2 to 3 days.
Anyone interested in purchasing a set, give us or one of the other forum sponsors a call. We will be happy to help. ph# 1-870-931-8004

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I would recommend finding a GT with the conversion and then personally trying the ingress/egress and door opening/closing to see if it is to your liking.

:agree:

It is not something I would do to my car ever.

On another note, I have a "Lambo/scissor" door kit I just removed from an 07 Corvette and replaced with the stock hinges. It is from Vertical Door Co and was professionally installed by them. Yes, before everyone pipes in....I'm sure the quality of the kit and installations vary...... Make me an offer if interested. Thanks!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
:agree:

It is not something I would do to my car ever.

On another note, I have a "Lambo/scissor" door kit I just removed from an 07 Corvette and replaced with the stock hinges. It is from Vertical Door Co and was professionally installed by them. Yes, before everyone pipes in....I'm sure the quality of the kit and installations vary...... Make me an offer if interested. Thanks!

:frown Not even remotely the same. Not trying to hurt your sale, but those hinges made by Veritcal Door company are junk IMHO. Not even the same concept. Kind of like comparing....
THIS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...iewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cae1f8fc6

to THIS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...210QQitemZ140417802768QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Yes, both are similar ideas I guess, but which one do you want???

Last edited:

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
robt777

If you are talking about the Celebration Exotic Car Festival in Celebration, FL (close to Orlando) that was me. I love the doors. They were installed at Discovery Automotive in California by the world renown Shadowman or under his close supervision, since this gal was previously owned by him. If you have any technical questions suggest you contact Shadowman. A couple of pictures of Shadow are attached to make sure she is one you observed. The picture in front of the hotel is how she appeared at the show. The ready to take off picture is shortly after she was purchased. Is it my imagination or do owners of Black Ford GTs have extraordinary taste and vision.

UFO/Al

Attachments

• IMG_5093.JPG
    IMG_5093.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 2,608
  • IMG_5479.JPG
    IMG_5479.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 943
Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
There's only 3 more things I want for my gt, Exoticare's low profile WIPERS (where are they Andrew???), a set of Heffner twin turbos installed by Jason Heffner or Kendall Pond (Cooltech), and THESE DOORS!!!!! Or I could start looking for a 2nd GT..........

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
robt777

...Is it my imagination or do owners of Black Ford GTs have extraordinary taste and vision.

UFO/Al

or maybe just narrow garages? :confused :lol

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
or maybe just narrow garages? :confused :lol

Black is a "slimming" color lol. Also on that note, maybe black GT owners are the most likely group to have trouble getting in & out of their cars....I'm just sayin'. :biggrin