FordGTprices.com is closed for business

Status
Not open for further replies.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
The usefulness of my site, FordGTprices.com, has come and gone.

For historical reference, here are PDFs of the site.

Attachments

• page 1.pdf
    202.6 KB · Views: 4,947
  • page 2.pdf
    142.8 KB · Views: 1,706
  • page 3.pdf
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,277
  • page 4.pdf
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,947
  • page 5.pdf
    251.7 KB · Views: 4,412
Last edited:

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
And finally, the original pdf of my Viper price research that led to my original idea for the site.

Attachments

• viper_prices.pdf
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,183

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Center, thanks so much for your dedication and passion to create the site - whilst I couldn't really use it in Europe, I know a great many people will have used it as a barometer of GT prices.

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Thanks for everything youve done. The site was extremely helpful

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Centerpunch was instrumental in my purchasing a GT. I am extremely sorry to see his site close.

I learned about the GT market, learned about the e-bay market (including "quiet") and the range of prices and dealers from reading the Collected Works of Centerpunch.

The ability to access his site, see the trend in the market, know what to expect, and to find examples of sales, made our purchase possible. I am certain that I would not have made the purchase had his site not existed since my otherwise random examination of e-bay and autotrader would never have had the organizational structure he brought to the table.

I am flattered that my post on buying strategy is one to which he refers in his farewell address.

He also hails from my home town.

Thank you for everything you have contributed to this hobby.

Best personal regards,

- doc

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
RIP fordgtprices.com, many thanks to Paul for his straightforward and unbiased analyses!!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thank you!

Paul,

Your site was part of the whole GT buying/owning experience and I had a lot of fun with it. When the GT first came out I swore to myself that if prices ever dropped to under 200K I would buy one. After finding GT Prices I sat back and waited, finally purchasing my Yellow/Black 2006 for $166,000. Yeah baby!! Only 16 contributors :ack leaves 34 to go before you have to buy a round of drinks at the rally. If we don't hit 50, I will buy a round for everybody that has contributed. :cheers Help me out guys, if you used the site and saved some money, send the check. All the best Paul.

Chip

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Thank you... you've saved us all many dollars with the information posted.

mardyn :thumbsup

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
Nooooo............

For You its over, but for many.. the fun has just begun. Do you not think it's got value until the end of production? The speculation on what the cars are worth at the end of production will go to $hit if the dealers have their way. Meaning, when the site dies, they will all claim that the cars went back up to 200k+ but if you buy theirs today for only 30k mark up, you are getting a steal.

Not that I have a say in it, but I really think the completion of the site should end with the completion of the cars from the assembly line.

In either case, congrats on a well viewed, well respected site, it created much value and insight for many. Just wish it wouldnt die until at least a few months after production. Aka, 6 months max after production ends. By then all new cars that were truly up for sale will have sold, whats left really isnt a market that can be easily covered with the limited sales that will go from there.

Thanks again.

Jon

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
This website was one of the main reasons I purchased this car. While looking at new Gallardos and relatively new 360s, the Ford GT became the real bargain, largely due to me introducing dealers to your website and making them realize that I could get the car for MSRP or less.
Great job!!!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Don't take it offline, redirect it to here so this site gets more traffic.

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
White Petunia said:
... I wonder what vehicle you will be tracking next ...

I think he should start a site for the new Shelby. Maybe www.MustangShelbyGT500prices.com? :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
accolades for a site that helped many folks understand the introduction of a high volume car. :wink

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Welp, I really appreciate the effort you put into that site center...steered a lot of people over there for pertinent infomation.

:thumbsup :cheers :thumbsup

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Thanks for the guidance. Using the info. you provided was key during my negotiations. Looking forward to thanking you personally.

Manny #1418

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Thank you again

Paul, You helped all of us more than you'll ever know. The cocktails are on me in Dearborn.

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
centerpunch, you're my hero :) hehe :cheers

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Paul, Thanks for all the help. No doubt you had a very inventive idea. Nice to see people use their heads. Congratulations on such a successful venture.
David

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Yeah Paul,
Thanks, nice job!!!

CarBuilderGirl

May 28, 2006
Seattle, WA
You did a wonderful job, and knowing how much effort those sites can take.. we definately appreciate you. Thank you again for all of your many kindnesses.. :cheers

~grace

Status
Not open for further replies.