Alternative Auto GT Coffee Table/Wall Art

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Here's the pdf forms for the Wall Art GT cutaway and the coffee table. If you are a lifetime subscriber you are eligible for a $200 discount on either of the items, so thanks to Bryan Chambers for that, as well as donating one of these for the auction at Rally IV in Austin. Just write "Ford GT Forum Lifetime Subscriber" and your username on your order form and I'll verify it to Alternative.

table.jpg

cutaway.jpg

Attachments

• CoffeeTable.pdf
    116 KB · Views: 353
  • WallArt.pdf
    109.9 KB · Views: 314

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Sweet !

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Order sent for wall art to Alternative, via fax today. Thank you so much Dave for setting this up.

I really regretted not ordering one of these the first time around. I was very happy to be able to have the second chance.

Now, I need to somehow rationalize that beautiful coffee table...

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Can they make this into a "power wheels"?

My daughter would love one.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wall art received (nicely crated) and will hang it this Friday at the storage facility.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Can they make this into a "power wheels"?

My daughter would love one.

I asked much the same question of Saleen a couple years ago (I wanted a pedal car). At that time, they were thinking of doing that, but, it was on the back burner.

'Wonder what Alt. Auto would say? Pbly should give 'em a call...? :banana

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Decided not to hang it yet in the location I was envisioning. Does anyone have pictures of their GT Wall art on the wall, taken from a distance?

I am thinking that if I hang it too high, it will be hard to see the top down detail of the car itself, which is more interesting than the bottom and side.

How high did you all hang yours? 5 feet off the ground? 7 feet off the ground?

Also want to protect it somewhat from collisions...

Thanks for any insight, continuing to search forum for pics.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I hung mine about 4 1/2 ft off the floor over a white work bench for protection. It is at eye level so that you can see the detail of the model. I'll try to attach a picture tomorrow. Tomy Hamon

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
How high did you all hang yours? 5 feet off the ground? 7 feet off the ground?

Also want to protect it somewhat from collisions...

Thanks for any insight, continuing to search forum for pics.

I did hang mine near the ceiling to protect it and because I simply had no other available space in my garage, so here is how it looks. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2489.JPG
    IMG_2489.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,961

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Super Rat

I did hang mine near the ceiling to protect it and because I simply had no other available space in my garage, so here is how it looks. Hope it helps.

Gulf,

Tell me about your Hodaka!! I had one as a kid. A Trail 70 too. What's the bike in the middle? And do you have the rest of the 1965 Mustang to go with the hubcap on the dresser?

Chip

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

What's the 1965 Mustang standard hubcap doing there?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My Ford GT wall Art is hung exactly 5 ft 6 inches from the floor and as you can see my white work bench protects my GT. I'll probably move it in the near future to my Office and man cave. Hope this helps. Yours does look very good hung high (Gulf GT). Tomy Hamon

Attachments

• Ford GT wall Art 002.jpg
    Ford GT wall Art 002.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 638

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tomy, my autopsy doesn't look as clean as your garage? What kind of work do you there that's so clean? Hmmm, you're making me suspicious - white work desk.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Since retirement very little, just a little gun cleaning around that wood gun cleaning case on the desk. My office and man cave is used for very little work also. as you can guess white is my color ,as all my vehicles are WHITE. Tomy PS Easy to keep clean.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Looks great Tomy and Gulf, and very helpful photos! Thanks to you both for helping out!

Both options look very nice. I still need to find the right place. But at least I have a visual idea of heights.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Another look....

Looks great Tomy and Gulf, and very helpful photos! Thanks to you both for helping out!

Both options look very nice. I still need to find the right place. But at least I have a visual idea of heights.

Here is another view......

Attachments

• New Garage 003.jpg
    New Garage 003.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,184

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Gulf,

Tell me about your Hodaka!! I had one as a kid. A Trail 70 too. What's the bike in the middle? And do you have the rest of the 1965 Mustang to go with the hubcap on the dresser?

Chip

That's a 1972 Hodaka Super Rat, frame off nut and bolt restoration done by Lee Fabry (Lee is on the right in the photo). The middle yellow bike is a 1969 Rupp Roadster, frame off nut and bolt restoration done by Brandt Hansen (my sister and I riding it together just like we did as kids on my 50th birthday). My sister found that hubcap in my parents garage a few months ago when they were cleaning things out. It's from my 1967 Mustang, the first car I ever owned. I cleaned it up and just set it on the desk for now. Would love to have the same car back and do a full restoration so I can take my wife to the "drive-in movies".

Attachments

• Mini Bike 0001.JPG
    Mini Bike 0001.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 558
  • Mini Bike 0009.JPG
    Mini Bike 0009.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_0794.jpg
    IMG_0794.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Amazing

That's a 1972 Hodaka Super Rat, frame off nut and bolt restoration done by Lee Fabry (Lee is on the right in the photo). The middle yellow bike is a 1969 Rupp Roadster, frame off nut and bolt restoration done by Brandt Hansen (my sister and I riding it together just like we did as kids on my 50th birthday). My sister found that hubcap in my parents garage a few months ago when they were cleaning things out. It's from my 1967 Mustang, the first car I ever owned. I cleaned it up and just set it on the desk for now. Would love to have the same car back and do a full restoration so I can take my wife to the "drive-in movies".

Gulf,

Your photos fill me with lust and we must be cosmic twins. My first bike was a Rupp minibike, but mine didn't have a headlight or rear suspension and it was Red. My 2nd bike was an orange Trail 70. My third bike was a Super Rat. Then I had an SL100 and a Husqvarna 450 Desert Master (you probably had both of those too! :lol)

Do you ride the Hodaka or is it garage art?? Would you like to sell it to your friend in AZ or could I have one built?

Chip

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Where can I get a wall GT and how much is it? My son would love one in his room. I actually would love one in my Master but will have to be in the next marriage!!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Blue!

Wow, the coffee table wall art double header.

Sweet! :thumbsup