Alternative Auto GT Coffee Table/Wall Art

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
New GT in the future?

I have most the art work on it done. It's honestly going to be all of a 40-50k investment bare minimum to build the tooling. Being the guys who did the 05-06 one got the clay aero plug from the design studio (ie thank Camillo) they had a major cheap head start on tooling. The mold for this car is going to be very complex due to the flying buttress's and going to be more than a few pieces to make it work. But to even get to that point I have to make a plug which either has to be cnc'd from my file or 3d printed in pieces or as a whole. I have to sand, buff and polish the plug to perfection before a mold can be made. Then have to figure out how to make the mold in several pieces to get it to come apart after its made. Then molds 4 molds for the roof to 1/4 panel pieces need to be made. Then have to figure out how to price them after I determine how much labor it takes to finish them. Needless to say they will be no where near the price of original 05-06 ones. I have a couple people interested in me doing them. Just trying to work out all the logistics on it and figure out how to build the plug as reasonable as possible. Printing or cnc'ing something 72'' long and 30'' wide is not going to be cheap, which is my first step. I can make the tooling. That is to me the easy part.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just needs the decals put on it and its done.

When can I expect it seriously

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just needs the decals put on it and its done.

When can I expect it seriously y

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have the glass table just need the car