Technical / Detail Photos

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
AWESOME THREAD!! Any pictures and procedures for taking off front bumper. I have a few knicks I want taken out and painted. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks Mike

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Great pictures, now can we move to the front of the car and show how to change a simple turn signal bulb? Passenger side would be great, and both sides would be better. NYS inspection needs turn signals to work and I got 9 days and counting to get it done!

If I was a car designer I would make that car where you can pull the trunk liner out and easy access to the back on the headlamp assembly, but something tells me, NOT!

This new ownership thing is fun, but wow its a 5$ lightbulb....LOL

Reactions: HPGT

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Great pictures, now can we move to the front of the car and show how to change a simple turn signal bulb? Passenger side would be great, and both sides would be better. NYS inspection needs turn signals to work and I got 9 days and counting to get it done!

If I was a car designer I would make that car where you can pull the trunk liner out and easy access to the back on the headlamp assembly, but something tells me, NOT!

This new ownership thing is fun, but wow its a 5$ lightbulb....LOL
Its a Land Rover marker light. I have changed many. May need to remove the wheel well liner.

Reactions: HPGT

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Removing the liner isn’t necessary to change the turn signal bulbs. The housings snap in place. As I recall, they slide in one direction and pull out. I apologize that I don’t recall the exact procedure.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
@spartan and @Sinovac, he said turn signal, not side marker.

Pull the fender liner, which involves some push pins and brute strength. Assuming you are certain it is the bulb (the indicator fast blinks and the hazard also does not work). If hazard works and turn signal does not, then you have to diagnose the SJB. Or, as the owner's manual says, see your authorized dealer.

Also, please remove the comma: "Nothing says, I've given up more than a beige Camry in the drive."

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
From what I am reading, I have to remove the front splitter. I also read that a person said to slap the top of the headlight housing, too which I did, and it started working! Where we live in NYS we have bad, bumpy, no maintained roads, due to Mario's son not knowing that there is a place called Upstate NY, thus I think when I drove it the other day, I must have jarred it. Now it is working fine and I will get it inspected and be OK. I have owned and still do own cars and I have never even burned out a bulb, that is why I thought that something was up and the bulb was OK.

Yes, the hazard did not light up and the turn signal fast blinked. Like I said, I slapped it a few light nice slaps and it started working again.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
A good slap for misbehavior. I just had the splitter off to drain coolant and I did not see access to the headlamp assemblies from underneath. Not saying it can't be done, but I couldn't even see the lamps.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You have to do it by feel. The turn signal bulb only takes a quarter turn to come out of the headlight housing.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Frank is right... you can do it by feel.... getting it out is easy, replacing takes patience...

quahog

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2017
Cape Cod
Had not time to review all the items Great work ! Interior shiny scuff plates are one time use I assume , Once removed how are the inner sill plates removed ? those are a flat silver The scuff plates stainless . I assume w/ double stick tape . Thanks quahog