Best Way to Repair Chip in Console?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good luck. It is very hard to match. The wheels are worse.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
there is really no good way of just touching up a console. I recently removed one of mine due to the common finish bubbles from the magnesium material and my painter found a GM silver frost color. he sealed it and them sprayed it. the paint has a lot of either metal particles or crushed glass because it has a lot of sparkle, especially when the sun comes in thru the side windows. we then went ahead and put high gloss clear over it. while I know that's not correct, it really looks great in my opinion and gives it some protection at the same time. I'd post a pic but I have issues posting pictures on this site for some reason.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
pics?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Rich Brooks will send me some paint, so I'll wait for that before putting the console back in and just drive it without the console for a week or two. I also will get clear film put over it. I'll see if the local guy has a satin finish clear film, otherwise I'll go with gloss.

On the plus side, the new Speedhut boost gauge is reading the boost from the new sensor just fine. Will be ready for the 3.4 Whipple when I get around to putting that on. Some things shouldn't be intermediated by a computer, and "steam gauges" (in pilot parlance) are among them, IMO. They should read directly what's going on in the engine to reduce the possibility of failures and errors. Just like in the "olde" days.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
FGT CP 004.jpg