Close

Default Shadowman and the GTX-1 Rag Top

I open this thread so as to insure that everyone is aware that a wonderful rag top is now available for the GTX-1’s.

I know that there is a thread within the GTX-1 section however I fear that many never look beyond the General Discussion and Technical sections as such are likely not aware of this.

Let me begin by sharing that the process to create a rag top for these gals has been a very long one. This project was spearheaded by Steve aka Knight’s Autoworks hoiwever I worked with him for over a year during which several versions were created and tested until the final version was settled on.

The final version is relatively easy to integrate and once in place creates IMO two entirely different gals; as a roadster she is sleek and is truly very unique and then with the rag top in place she presents herself as more of a coupe thus affording one the best of both worlds. This is a rag top with a glass rear window that allows the gal’s heater and air conditioning to be enjoyed as well as a wonderful open air experience and the ability to select between which environment is best takes only a few minutes.

I have had Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster’s in my facility with their less than user friendly rag top and then recently I read the reviews of the new roadster version of the Bugatti Veryon with what they refer to as a rag top that looks akin to an umbrella I simply smile because the rag top as created for the GTX-1 is easy to use, able to be stored within the gal, and once in place compliments the gal when compared to being a distraction which IMO is the case with the offerings for the Lamborghini Murcielago and the Bugatti Veyron.

If there are any questions or I can be of assistance please contact me.

Takes care

Shadowman
    "RIP my friend Daniel Bonyhadi aka Bony"

GT Owner

Shadowman has completed the installation of my soft top and I couldn't be happier! Looks great, fits great and I have air conditioning again. Bill, thanks for all the hard work and time, the results make it all worth the wait.

Smile Piana's soft top

Thanks Shadowman - now we won't have to listen to Tom whine everywhere we go!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Piana View Post
    Shadowman has completed the installation of my soft top and I couldn't be happier! Looks great, fits great and I have air conditioning again. Bill, thanks for all the hard work and time, the results make it all worth the wait.
    Thank you for the kind words and you are welcome

You made the processes easy because you remained so understanding as the project unfolded.

Takes care

Shadowman
    "RIP my friend Daniel Bonyhadi aka Bony"

Great write up Bill. And thanks for all your help on this project. I know I will see mine soon. Of coarse it will get tested on my trip to TX from Ca.. In my conversations with Steve, he said that he will be one of our supporting vendors in the very near future. So everyone can finally see what he has to offer on both the X1's, and the "normal" cars.
    Last edited by Shelby#18; 09-22-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    All the best...
    RICK

God Bless America Pilgrims

Bill. Any Pictures? I really wish my car was a GTX-1. They add another +'s to our FGT. Im sure the top solves the top issue and design is top notch as do all your touches.
    David
    05 GT White & Blue Stripes,4 options.Original owner.
    06 GT Blue & White Stripes,4 options.
    68 Factory CJ Drag car,#45
    68 1/2 CJ, Last one produced
    08 COBRA JET,2012 SCJ
    1971 Stroppe Bronco

GT Owner

lol