Floor Mats

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
A few months ago I purchased a set of floor mats from a vendor making GT accessories. The mats were not anything more then a quick Pep Boys style product with a GT logo.
I wanted something that would contour to the bi-level rubber sub-floor as well as keep to the original roots of the vehicle. So I turned to my friend Tim here on Long Island. His hands of gold did not fail! He made me these wonderful high-end mats that not only follow the bi-level contour of the rubber floor pads but also showcase the round vent hole pattern that appears in the rubber pads & seats. There are four expanding bands that go around the rubber floor pad that keep the mats in place.

Take a look at these pictures...WOW!:banana

I'm sure he will make mats for anyone else. You can give him a call at (516)938-7373

Attachments

• Mat 1.jpg
    Mat 1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 826
  • Mat 1 (1).jpg
    Mat 1 (1).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 822
  • Mat 1 (2).jpg
    Mat 1 (2).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 824
  • Mat 1 (3).jpg
    Mat 1 (3).jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 826
  • Mat 1 (4).jpg
    Mat 1 (4).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 816

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Very nice! Love 'em. I just ordered mats for mine and now I see these!!!

Are you a liberty to say what he'd charge for more of them? My guess is that there will be many, many posts asking the same question.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Give him a call. He's a great guy and I assume he will be fair.:thumbsup
PS: I gave him a new challange....Seat covers w/ simulated silver vent holes. Stand by for the next round.

Jim

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Those are mint !!!

H

HHGT

I like those a lot more than the expensive ones I bought - very trick....

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
I'm now using my expensive ones as mats under my rear tires to protect my garage floor tiles. That's all they were good for.....

Jim:willy

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
GTJIMMY,

They look nice. I'm looking for a set that in addition to covering the floor, extends up the sides to cover/protect the painted area and up the front a few inches on the passenger's side to protect that area from passenger's toes.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Jer,

I don't think this will be an issue. Tim will be able to use my GT as a template. Just give him a call on Monday and we will work through your requests. It sounds like someting I might be interested i n as well.

Regards,
Jim:banana

paulo5656

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2006
GTJIMM
They look nice. I'm looking for a set that in addition to covering the floor, extends up the sides to cover/protect the painted area and up the front a few inches on the passenger's side to protect that area from passenger's toes.

count me in.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
GTJIMMY,

Did you ever get these made?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

My concept was to make the entire floor mat with the addition of the side flaps out of the same material as the bottom mat, but also line the bottom of the side flaps with some type of soft material like Terry Cloth or Microfiber to protect the paint from being rubbed off. Haven't seen anything like this offered yet.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I had sides added to mine.
Very very good quality

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I had sides added to mine.
Very very good quality

Did you use Tim on Long Island?

Pictures?

Aug 25, 2006
Too Cool !!

Shadowman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
For those who liked and envied my floor mats this is the thread.
I had mine done with 3 inches extra on the sides

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Anyone know if Tim is till making these?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yes he will still make them a

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Yes he will still make them a