Ford Gt Specifications - 2005-2006

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Ford GT Specifications - 2005-2006

Please find a downloadable link to a summary I made from the 2005 Dealer Prep Manual for salesmen to educate them on the specifications of the Ford GT when dealing with prospective customers.

I keep a copy of this behind the driver's seat so when people ask me what is unique about this car, I can rattle off numerous facts that otherwise would be lost and the list difficult to memorize due to the extensive unique qualities of the Ford GT.

One interesting fact is the Ford GT is the 1st car to use magnesium in the dash and interior of any car produced. Very cool indeed, just looking at this piece of mechanical art is awe inspiring !

Enjoy the Ford GT Facts from a very happy GT owner ! Just click on the pdf link below and print the file.

:cheers

Attachments

• 2005 FORD GT tech specifications.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
500 vs 550

Have you noticed how many places Ford refers to the GT as 500HP and others at 550HP?
Tungsten

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Tungsten

Probably a lot. I think the official version is 550 bhp and 500 ft.lb torque. All I know is at 2000 RPMs, there is tremendous power! I have a tungsten, most excellent color ! :biggrin

Bulvot

May 18, 2006
Northern Virginia
Great minds...

I was just working on a similar thing this morning, however, I was scanning the entire Dealer Prep Manual for the Ford GT. I got the dealer to photocopy it for me so that I could take it home. I couldn't find it posted anywhere else on the forum, so I'm assuming that this is the first time that it's been posted.

Here's a link to it. It's about 10mb, so be warned, but I think it's worth the download if you don't already have it:

Dealer Sales Prep Manual

(I recommend right-clicking on the link and selecting "Save As" or "Save Link As")

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Bulvot,

Awesome link, thanks for the file. This is the same file I used to summarize the GT specs. Most excellent !

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Nice.

I need to go look at the adjustable pedals.

Don't know what a "sh*t lever" is though - that must be something you use to help clean the seats after you take someone for a ride? :biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
More Paperwork

Thanks Guys.
Both documents add info to the GT file that wasn't there before.
This site rocks.
So many Real Enthusiasts for a Supercar.
And quite a few different info sources. :thumbsup

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Tungsten said:
Have you noticed how many places Ford refers to the GT as 500HP and others at 550HP?
Tungsten

It was originally rated at 500 HP and then changed to 550 HP after initial release. Some believe they changed the pulley when they upped the HP rating.

Dave

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Pedals?

AZGT, you mentioned adjustable pedals, I have not down loaded the big file
yet. Is there something in there about adjusting the pedals?

By the way...I have almost all of the magazines that have articles on the GT for the last 2 to 3 years if there is something in one that you need.
Don

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
AZGT

Thanks for noticing my lousy spelling :thumbsup I have change the four letter "sh" word to the correct five letter "shift" word under the "Interior" section. I am the world's worst typist!

Ciao

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Tungsten said:
AZGT, you mentioned adjustable pedals, I have not down loaded the big file
yet. Is there something in there about adjusting the pedals?

By the way...I have almost all of the magazines that have articles on the GT for the last 2 to 3 years if there is something in one that you need.
Don

Atomics information under "interior" had the statement about the pedals. I didn't know that so was going to check it further.

I also have a fair amount if into on the GT. I'll keep that in mind if there is a hole in the stuff.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
AtomicGT said:
AZGT

Thanks for noticing my lousy spelling :thumbsup I have change the four letter "sh" word to the correct five letter "shift" word under the "Interior" section. I am the worlds worst typist!

Ciao

Thanks for noticing my lousy spelling. I have CHANGED the four letter "sh" word to the correct five letter "shift" word under the "Interior" section. I am the WORLD'S worst typist!

Glad I could help. :biggrin :banana (Sorry - I used to teach research / technical writing).

I think the first word was actually better though, because it can produce that as well as a shift :rofl

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Concerning the adjustable shift pedals, that is what is reported in the 2005 document. I have not found the adjustment knob. I have a viper GTS coupe that has adjustable pedals, there is a knob down next to the steering column under the dashboard that when rotated moves the pedal position. Will have to see if there is something similar on the GT that does the same thing?

Last edited:

Billy J.

GT Owner
Oct 29, 2014
Please find a downloadable link to a summary I made from the 2005 Dealer Prep Manual for salesmen to educate them on the specifications of the Ford GT when dealing with prospective customers.

I keep a copy of this behind the driver's seat so when people ask me what is unique about this car, I can rattle off numerous facts that otherwise would be lost and the list difficult to memorize due to the extensive unique qualities of the Ford GT.

One interesting fact is the Ford GT is the 1st car to use magnesium in the dash and interior of any car produced. Very cool indeed, just looking at this piece of mechanical art is awe inspiring !

Enjoy the Ford GT Facts from a very happy GT owner ! Just click on the pdf link below and print the file.

Just wanted to say Thank You for the list. As a new owner it is very helpful...
Bill

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm like Dr Frank & the sales guys - I just memorized the entire list.

Ed