Project 321 Bumper Delete Kit

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Rick,

That is a very scary thought, fun but $cary...

Richard

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I'm buying up the take off bumpers if anyone's interested. shoot me a PM. thanks

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
The only reason I went with the Project 321 bumper delete package was that it would be easy to return the GT to stock. I'll be storing by bumper in my garage attic.

Several GT owners at the Santa Barbara run on Sunday remarked favorably to the bumper delete.

Using the Black bumper delete plates, which pretty much disappear when looking at the GT from behind, it took me about 30 minutes to remove the bumper and install the plates, being VERY careful. I could probably reinstall the bumper in about 15 to 20 minutes. This is a very slick package.

Richard Hille
The GT School

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'd like to see how the kit look on a Heritage and with the pad painted blue or even w/ the black pads as I'm not too artistic and can't visualize how my car would look with the kit.

Also, once is bumper is gone, the rear diffuser will be more exposed, so it'd time to look into a carbon fiber diffuser. Does anyone make one?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Also, once is bumper is gone, the rear diffuser will be more exposed, so it'd time to look into a carbon fiber diffuser. Does anyone make one?

Check with Stillen

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Check with Stillen

I've seen the two version they made in person during one of my visits there but I don't think they make it in CF.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
That's correct they don't make it in cf. But you would be hard pressed to tell the difference by looking at it. My TT car has it.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Photos do not do the set-up justice. It looked great in person when I saw it on Richard's car. The fact that it has the added benefit of easy install/return to stock capability it looks like some more money is going into my GT. :lol

Damn all these GT mods......they are taking over my car!!! :wink :cheers

(of course I did not even go near Rick's car because that TT set-up is starting to call to me in my sleep)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Photos do not do the set-up justice. It looked great in person when I saw it on Richard's car. The fact that it has the added benefit of easy install/return to stock capability it looks like some more money is going into my GT. :lol

Ha, I just told Jake that earlier today!! :lol I guess this means he should be expecting your order any minute now!! :wink

Oh well, I'm with you brother.

And TT's are calling us all up here in the Great White North!! :banana:banana:banana

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
I'd like to see how the kit look on a Heritage and with the pad painted blue or even w/ the black pads as I'm not too artistic and can't visualize how my car would look with the kit.

Also, once is bumper is gone, the rear diffuser will be more exposed, so it'd time to look into a carbon fiber diffuser. Does anyone make one?

I will see if I can get one of my "artsy" type friends to do some photoshop trickery on a heritage for you.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
JBG has someone in Phoenix area that does a CF diffuser. Look for old posts.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The only reason I went with the Project 321 bumper delete package was that it would be easy to return the GT to stock. I'll be storing by bumper in my garage attic.

Several GT owners at the Santa Barbara run on Sunday remarked favorably to the bumper delete.

Using the Black bumper delete plates, which pretty much disappear when looking at the GT from behind, it took me about 30 minutes to remove the bumper and install the plates, being VERY careful. I could probably reinstall the bumper in about 15 to 20 minutes. This is a very slick package.

Richard Hille
The GT School
Hey Richard I am happy you like them !!

Damn all these GT mods......they are taking over my car!!! :wink :cheers

(of course I did not even go near Rick's car because that TT set-up is starting to call to me in my sleep)

What you guys thought I made up the stuff I wrote in the first post !! :biggrin

I agree this set up looks much better in person.. It takes a while to adjust to the new look but with time it will seem more natural than that big bumper. I am very happy the way these thing came out !! Thanks again Jakester ,,:thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
JBG has someone in Phoenix area that does a CF diffuser. Look for old posts.

Speedtek Composite Fabrication, Inc.
602-258-0765
speedtekcomposites@yahoo.com
Ask for Rob

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I will see if I can get one of my "artsy" type friends to do some photoshop trickery on a heritage for you.

Please don't forget the photochop.

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
Please don't forget the photochop.

Here you go Bruce. I didn't forget about you:biggrin

I like the blue. It looks much cleaner that I pictured it for some reason.
Remember if you go blue you will have to find a painter. We are only offering them in black powder coat to match the rest of the black on the rear end of the car. Thanks!

Project321
877-584-7321

Attachments

• Heritage_Monatge.jpg
    Heritage_Monatge.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 878

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Looks Good in Blue as I like White on a White Car. Tomy Hamon PS I get lots of coments on my GT. Everyone loves the exhaust sticking out the rear.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Okay.......OKAY!!!! I give up. I am going to order a set.

(they just keep gnawing at my brain until there is nothing left.............this is the last mod.............until the next one) :lol :cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Looks Good in Blue as I like White on a White Car. Tomy Hamon PS I get lots of coments on my GT. Everyone loves the exhaust sticking out the rear.

Tomy, how did you remove the bumper brace (the one that goes INTO the car) to paint that as well as the bumper plate?? Is it easy, hard, mind numbingly difficult??

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Here you go Bruce. I didn't forget about you:biggrin

I like the blue. It looks much cleaner that I pictured it for some reason.
Remember if you go blue you will have to find a painter. We are only offering them in black powder coat to match the rest of the black on the rear end of the car. Thanks!

Project321
877-584-7321

Thank you for the pictures, I like the black pads better as thye don't draw as much attention. The exhaust also shows much better through the screens. The exhaust in the picture has finished tips and looks better than the bare tips I have would. It is probably just me, but I don't want to see bare tips sticking out 6 inches, even though the original design was that way. So what can be added to my Xpipe to make it look more finished vs. an unfinished/all out race car look?

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
Thank you for the pictures, I like the black pads better as thye don't draw as much attention. The exhaust also shows much better through the screens. The exhaust in the picture has finished tips and looks better than the bare tips I have would. It is probably just me, but I don't want to see bare tips sticking out 6 inches, even though the original design was that way. So what can be added to my Xpipe to make it look more finished vs. an unfinished/all out race car look?

True, the black does blend in well.

Good question. I thought there was an exhaust tip thread around here somewhere. I'm sure these guys will have some input on this. Anyone?