Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I am also interested in this top for my GTX 1. Who does the fitting? I live in Colorado.
    Sorry Andy,

I was on vacation when this question was posted. Steve Hemstock does it currently. He is out of WI., his number is 715-702-2727. But if you give him a call he can help you with any questions. Also Shadowman can do the install. He is out of No. California. PM him if desired.
    And there is the GT Guys, see below.
    Last edited by Shelby#18; 08-03-2009 at 04:09 PM.
    All the best...
    RICK

God Bless America Pilgrims

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner thegtguy's Avatar

Default Soft top

Here is the second car done with the new soft top. Thank you Kelly (GTX1-007) for sending your car to us for the grocery list of mods that you wanted to do. Here are some pics of the new top on his car. Overall I would say that it is a nice kit that serves a range of purposes. We tested this car to about 80mph and found a little extra wind noise compared to normal GT but it does have a canvas top on it. It come apart in 8 pieces that can be folded up and put in the front of the car and behind the seats. Multiple pieces but it can be put in the car and only used when wanted to. The rear glass area is water tight and will hold water so you don't have to worry about getting the subwoofer wet. Around the door windows will have to be fit per car in order to put the sealing surfaces in the correct position and will keep 99% of the water out. We didn't put water on this one but in one of my many conversations with Steve he says that this top is not waterproof but water resistant. On this car the center bars are painted silver to match the look of the car and it has the lights in there as well. Hopefully when Kelly gets back from vaca he can add to this as the latest version will be waiting for him when he returns.
    The install wasn't too bad but will take some time especially with making a template and sending it back to Steve for him to build the kit to the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by thegtguy; 08-03-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Rich Brooks
    The GT Guy LLC
    www.thegtguy.com
    734-658-9498
    richgtguy@gmail.com

Ferrari Slayer

Interesting Diffuser - was that standard on the GTX1, or is it an aftermarket?

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner thegtguy's Avatar

Default Diffuser

Quote Originally Posted by RALPHIE View Post
    Interesting Diffuser - was that standard on the GTX1, or is it an aftermarket?
    That was an option when they (Gennadi) were building the X1's. On this car we did a CDC bumper delete and kept that diffuser and modified his cf exhaust bezel from his bumper to go with the theme.
    On another note we now have the ability replace those diffusers, as we had to replace one from a third party shipping damage. A new tool was made and we can supply those to X1 owners or anyone else.

Rich Brooks
    The GT Guy LLC
    www.thegtguy.com
    734-658-9498
    richgtguy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by thegtguy View Post
    A new tool was made and we can supply those to X1 owners or anyone else.
    Well that's good to know.
    All the best...
    RICK

GT Owner/B.o.D

Nice job as always. For me it will be an emergency top which may never see road use. As such, it's mighty fine.

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator timcantwell's Avatar

That looks WAY better than the Ferrari factory's solution for the 550 Barchetta!
    Tim Cantwell Water Dummy Club Member
    2005 White-Blue
    2006 Heritage
    2005 Midnight Blue-No stripes
    2006 Yellow

Rally I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, IX, & X
    Indy '07 - LeMans 2010

God Bless America!

I just spoke with Steve this morning and he is starting the next batch of tops. An improvement has been made so that a template is no longer needed. He mentioned that if you want a top before the Rally your order must be placed very soon.

Another item that he has come up with is a cover for the cover. Made out of Nylon to make the top completely watertight if it is parked outdoors. It folds up to about the size of your fist when not needed. I can't remember who already received it, but if they could post photo's that would be great.
    All the best...
    RICK

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily) Kelly-X1's Avatar

I just got all my parts put on for a finished product, VERY NICE job. I'm thinking about just leaving mine on most of the time; I don't think the top detracts one bit from the overall kickassedness of the car and in a way I think it looks more streamlined.

Thanks to the John Galts of the group, those that innovate and always look for a better engine to run the world, the rest of us appreciate it. I'm not ready to shrug just yet.
    ------------
    2006 GTX1 007 Tungsten (Sold)

It is ILLEGAL to own an X1 and leave the top on at all times!!!
    Owner @
    www.eliteautosllc.com
    www.fordgtstore.com
    BONY and PEAK COMPLETIONS, RIP