Custom "side" clamshell vents!!!!!! Phase 2 of 2

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well guys here they are finally but in my opinion it will be well worth the wait:banana This is the final product so for those who got the top vents let me know what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_4730.jpg
    IMG_4730.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_4731.jpg
    IMG_4731.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_4733.jpg
    IMG_4733.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_4734.jpg
    IMG_4734.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 641

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
More pics!

Attachments

• DSC02066.jpg
    DSC02066.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 648
  • DSC02071.jpg
    DSC02071.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 655

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Money sent.

Can't resist the bling.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Ok, want mine here TOMORROW! make it happen!

BY THE WAY, payment already sent.....

Last edited:

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Sign me up for 2 sets. Whats the tab?

Aug 25, 2006
They look very nice however are the OEM version in the works too?

BTW Petunia did you clear coat, clear powder coat, or clear anodize the vents on your gal to keep them from discoloring over time?

Her arse looks hot !!

Takes care

Shadowman

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
payment sent, thank you my friend.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sign me up for 2 sets. Whats the tab?

The side vents will be ready to ship in one week from Monday baring any machine complications. You can send a paypal payment to info@tricountyaire.com in the amount of $675 ea. (includes shipping) as I may send a couple out on Tuesday or Wednesday for the early birds and Wow we do have some early birds.:thumbsup
thanks, John

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
They look very nice however are the OEM version in the works too?

BTW Petunia did you clear coat, clear powder coat, or clear anodize the vents on your gal to keep them from discoloring over time?

Her arse looks hot !!

Takes care

Shadowman

As the customs are being machined the OEM's are getting the final touches in the computer and I expect two to three weeks for the final product to be ready.

I did not coat my vents at all as I would like to see how long the sheen on them will last and once they need work I will send them out to the polish guy for some high finish work (I love the straight off the machine as is look). Keep in mind that the vents are machined out of Virgin 6061 T65 Aluminum and our machinist thinks we should get several years looking as they are until they may need polishing (we'll see). We are looking into anodizing or powder coating the OEM side vents black as an option for those who want to keep the stock look.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I would recommend powder coating over anodizing. In the sunlight, color anodized parts tend to fade over time and lose their luster.

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
sent...thanks

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
Pe2unia,
Great job with the vents. I think the bright machined aluminum in that area of the car looks REALLY good. This project was on my list. I'm sad that you beat me to it, but glad that you did a good job.:biggrin

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
BLU Vents

Thanks, John. Side vents next...........GO BLU

Attachments

• CIMG0298.jpg
    CIMG0298.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 217
  • CIMG2729_2.jpg
    CIMG2729_2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 219

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
As the customs are being machined the OEM's are getting the final touches in the computer and I expect two to three weeks for the final product to be ready.

I did not coat my vents at all as I would like to see how long the sheen on them will last and once they need work I will send them out to the polish guy for some high finish work (I love the straight off the machine as is look). Keep in mind that the vents are machined out of Virgin 6061 T65 Aluminum and our machinist thinks we should get several years looking as they are until they may need polishing (we'll see). We are looking into anodizing or powder coating the OEM side vents black as an option for those who want to keep the stock look.

What will the price be per set of OEM side vents?

Thanks, usmcfred

Aug 25, 2006

Petunia

I too think that they look stunning on your gal.

If they are coated now they will remain as they are however if you allow they to deteriorate then they will have to be polished or media blasted at which time the look will change drastically.

Even being high quality aluminum they will begin to patina and even more so the fine machining marks will become more pronounced over time as the result of the color changes.

Clear anodizing requires no polishing

Just a FYI

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
I would recommend powder coating over anodizing. In the sunlight, color anodized parts tend to fade over time and lose their luster.

Agreed

Shadowman

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Petunia

I too think that they look stunning on your gal.

If they are coated now they will remain as they are however if you allow they to deteriorate then they will have to be polished or media blasted at which time the look will change drastically.

Even being high quality aluminum they will begin to patina and even more so the fine machining marks will become more pronounced over time as the result of the color changes.

Clear anodizing requires no polishing

Just a FYI

Shadowman

I just don't have the heart to take them off until this winter so this will have to wait until then.:biggrin

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What will the price be per set of OEM side vents?

Thanks, usmcfred

We won't know until we see how long the machining process will be but I don't expect too much of a difference in price.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks, John. Side vents next...........GO BLU

Great job George!!!! I love it:banana

Aug 25, 2006
I just don't have the heart to take them off until this winter so this will have to wait until then.:biggrin

This I truly understand

When fall comes have them chemically cleaned and then coated and you will retain the present look

Takes care

Shadowman