GT Clear Vision Wipers - Development photo's

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Seems like the looks are there.....what about function? Do they wipe well and if so do they at speed as well? Do they get out of the line of sight?

They wipe normal as I tested them up to 80 mph and I was in rain for about 6 hours on my back from VIR.
Washer coverage of my prototypes needed improvement and I indicated this to Andrew when I got back and reported.
Line of site is excellent - not quite as good as going wiperless, but almost as good and a gigantic improvement over the factory originals. As I have about 34,000 miles on my car and most of them wiperless, I plan on keeping the new wipers installed at all times - once I get a set of my own!
IMHO the car looks way better with them on the car than even going wiperless.
Keep in mind that these were pre production and all my experiences an suggestions have been incorporated into final production sets.

Well done once again Andrew!

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I have attached the wipers and have posted some pics (not great quality but you should be able to compare them). First 2 pics are the OEM wipers and the next 2 pics are the new carbon fiber wipers which, unlike the OEM, really match the quality of the car. Notice the better view out the interior, compared with the OEM wipers...I should also add that the view is even more improved than the pics suggest.:biggrin
I have not used them yet other than simply making sure they work with the new attached wiper fluid lines...so far so good. Andew's instructions are easy to follow. I will take the car out for a drive tomorrow and report back.

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Took a drive with the new wipers today. Wow. It is almost like having the seat raised. The outward visibility is much improved. As Terry mentioned, not as good as no wipers at all...but for those who do occasionally drive our cars in the rain, this is a fantastic solution!!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Andrew, I just put on my new wipers and love them both from the outside and inside. Great job. Its nice to see more of the road and nose of the car while driving. They also look sharp on the car.

Thank you,
A

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Does anybody have any comments regarding these wipers after having them installed for a while?

Looking for pro's and con's please.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Does anybody have any comments regarding these wipers after having them installed for a while?

Looking for pro's and con's please.

They're great! Have used them in rain and snow flurries worked very well also made a pass at over 200mph with them on the car.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
They're great! Have used them in rain and snow flurries worked very well also made a pass at over 200mph with them on the car.

I tried to get Ed Sims to use them at 200+ so we could verify their operation at high speed. He didn't bite on that one. :lol

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I had three runs @ 200+ mph with them on just a couple of weeks ago.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Anyone have pics of theirs installed in the black version?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Only one set out there in that combo.. Will see if I can get pics..
Probably not going to offer in black. Only Carbon..
Andrew

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Andrew
:eek

:frown

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I love them. 200+ mph & not even a flutter.

Ed

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Pros: much much improved visibility. Looks like they should have all along. Carbon fiber looks and feels hightech. Works as good if not better in the rain compared to the originals.
Cons: a little pricey but well worth it IMO.
No regrets.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Only one set out there in that combo.. Will see if I can get pics..
Andrew

not in black???? i was gonna come see you next month to get a set in black.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
They all look black from more than a foot away.. When you look up close you see the carbon weave.. It's really dark..

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
They all look black from more than a foot away.. When you look up close you see the carbon weave.. It's really dark..

okay, i will be by sometime in may. i won't have the car out until the first week of june. are you planning a car day at your shop anytime soon??

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Did these ever become available? I did a seach but never found where they were posted or pricing. Web site shows sold out but no mention here of them being available, at least that I could find. What's the story on these wiper arms?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
We made about 30 sets. Production cost was higher thaen any reasonable selling price. Wasn't worth it to produce as there wasn't enough demand to do a full production run. So unfortunately the wiper project has been shelved. Sorry folks

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
We made about 30 sets. Production cost was higher thaen any reasonable selling price. Wasn't worth it to produce as there wasn't enough demand to do a full production run. So unfortunately the wiper project has been shelved. Sorry folks

Bummer, I was only just wondering about how they were coming last week. Oh well good thing I still consider my GT a 'dry weather' vehicle...

fsmith100

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2012
Hello all - May I ask what too expensive is, please? Might be worth giving the choice to owners to see if there remains enough interest at this time. I am interested in raising my hand to buy a pair. Not like you will need more than one pair hopefully. If owners can generate enough new interest perhaps we can convince Andrew to reconsider. Thank you