GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I wish Ford made one.

Gentlemen,

A couple of our local members have Bend Pac lifts and they both look great and appear to work great as well. The Bend Pac lift is made in China as are most other brands of four post lifts. I picked up the phone and asked if Bend Pac made any 4 post lifts in the United States and they told me no. The Backyard Buddy and the Rotary Revolution lift are the only two I found that are made in the USA. I'm sure I could find others if I looked hard enough.

During these difficult economic times I could not bring myself to purchase an expensive Chinese product, even though it appears to be of good quality and costs substantially less, when an American-made product is available. I purchased an American-made Rotary Revolution lift from the Doehrman Company in Phoenix, Arizona. It will be installed later this week. The four post Rotary lift I purchased has recently been discontinued. The new Revolution lift that will replace it......... is made in China. :frown Hells bells.

Until the current mess we find ourselves in is resolved, I intend to look for the made in the USA label on everything that I buy. It's not always possible to find an American-made product, but I intend to buy them when they're available.

Chip

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
Gentlemen,

A couple of our local members have Bend Pac lifts and they both look great and appear to work great as well. The Bend Pac lift is made in China as are most other brands of four post lifts. I picked up the phone and asked if Bend Pac made any 4 post lifts in the United States and they told me no. The Backyard Buddy and the Rotary Revolution lift are the only two I found that are made in the USA. I'm sure I could find others if I looked hard enough.

During these difficult economic times I could not bring myself to purchase an expensive Chinese product, even though it appears to be of good quality and costs substantially less, when an American-made product is available. I purchased an American-made Rotary Revolution lift from the Doehrman Company in Phoenix, Arizona. It will be installed later this week. The four post Rotary lift I purchased has recently been discontinued. The new Revolution lift that will replace it......... is made in China. :frown Hells bells.

Until the current mess we find ourselves in is resolved, I intend to look for the made in the USA label on everything that I buy. It's not always possible to find an American-made product, but I intend to buy them when they're available.

Chip

The best lift made in the USA.

http://www.mohawklifts.com/

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
THERE is a good reason to bolt down!

I chose to bolt mine, earthquake land!

And FWIW, my china made lifts, do have made in the USA pumps, and motors

Oh and that 00 Cobra R is FANTASTIC, I hope I come across the right deal, and get one someday.

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA

I assume you mean BendPak. (Just in case there's a Chinese imitation named Bend Pac.) I bought mine only a year ago and it came with stickers saying "Made in USA". But the motor had a sticker on it saying "Made in Mexico" which I thought was funny. I distinctly remember BendPak being advertised as made in the USA so maybe they've switched.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
My BendPak ahss made in USA on it.....

Spec - CobraR 00 with 49 miles for sale. Call Jeff at 1 877 cars 617

http://www.fc4cars.com/

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well with the extra day, bolted down the lift:thumbsup if theres one thing I can say.LOVE IT!!!! Big difference, im old things that shake and rattle make me nervous. I out rubber washers between the bolts and washers so theres a little give...p.s. went with bolts not studs coming up incase i wanted to move things. :thumbsup ENJOYGTJOEY1314

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
Joey,
What lift did you get? I have been following this thread and am interested in a lift also. Would like to know what you choose and why? Thanks for sharing.