Halfshaft Bolt Failures and Customer Satisfaction Program

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM 07B49
AWARENESS COMMUNICATION - All 2005 and 2006 Ford GT Vehicles - Output Shaft Flange Bolt and Washer Replacement
INFORMATION ONLY - Upcoming Field Service Action

And the full text:

Reason for this communication
To inform you that Ford Motor Company will be launching a customer satisfaction program in December of 2007. Updated parts are not currently available to complete this repair. Once parts are available, a full dealer bulletin will be posted on FMCDealer.com. You may receive questions from customers about this customer satisfaction program. This notice will help you answer customer questions.

Reason for this Customer Satisfaction Program
In some of the affected vehicles, the output shaft flange attachment bolts may fracture, typically when the vehicle is stopped and power is applied, which may result in a lack of drive.

Affected Vehicles
All 2005 and 2006 Ford GT vehicles built at the Wixom Assembly Plant from Job #1 through Job Last.

Service Action
It is anticipated that the complete dealer bulletin announcing this upcoming action will be provided to dealers in December 2007, once updated parts to repair this condition are available. In the meantime, dealers can service affected vehicles that experience fractured output shaft flange attachment bolts by following Special Service Message (SSM) 19561

Customer Notification
Owners of affected vehicles will not be notified until after dealers have received service repairs and parts ordering information. It is anticipated that customer notification will begin in December of 2007.

Updated with full message.

:cheers

Letter contents:

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The replacement part is done, I'm trying to get a picture of it sometime in the next day or two.:cheers

When you say "replacement part" does that mean it's more than just harder bolts? What part is it (or is it a secret)?:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Bolt and washer.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just received notice from Ford Motor Company this morning that stocking centers are being stocked starting today, around the country and will be receiving updated parts for axle bolt and washer repair fix. This means that it will take dealers a few days to order and receive updated parts for the repair. Give your local dealer time to receice them. Ford will probabily start notifying owners shortly. This problem will go away.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Updated with letter. Please, no more hypotheticals. Case closed! :cheers

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Please contain all halfshaft discussion here. The letter and parts are out.

Thanks,
Dave

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Part number

Part number for Output Shaft Flange Bolt and Washer Repair Kit
(one kit services both sides of one vehicle)
4G7Z-4B490-A

Maybe this will help someone

DP

Source: Ford letter to dealer
100_1336.jpg

100_1337.jpg

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Just Got My Recall Letter...Oh, I mean CSP!

Just got my Customer Satisfaction Program letter for the shaft bolt and washer issue!

Thank you to DBK for compling the list and giving it to Ford to see that we indeed had a problem:cheers And thank you to Ford for stepping up and taking care of this:thumbsup

Now, my only problem is finding a Dealer qualified to do the work:frown

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
Service In Orange County, CA?

Does anyone know of a dealer they would recommend in the Orange County, CA area to do the bolt repair?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I've had John at Ken Grody do an oil change. Nice guy. The dealership experience is simply standard run of the mill, as far as I experienced, but I would trust John to work on my GT. I will probably have mine done there after I get the letter.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
For those of us in south Alabama and Mississippi and northwest Florida, Treadwell Ford in Mobile has excellent references with GTs, they currently take car of 7 GTs.

They are getting mine for the bolts replacement and regular maintenence Saturday.

Ask for Shay.

H

HHGT

I am so depressed, we will have nothing to bitch about...
I think we should shut down this forum.
Should we start a poll...

Or we could have rally XXXV at Frankie's house???

Sorry Bony - I do not mean to do this to you...

BUT... I Can't Help Myself...:wink

We can still bitch about the White/Orange car:biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sorry Bony - I do not mean to do this to you...

BUT... I Can't Help Myself...:wink

We can still bitch about the White/Orange car:biggrin

I HOPE YOU CAN BE MORE CREATIVE THAN THAT....:willy:eek:willy
:wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ah, nuts! And I just put on my flack jacket 'n' everything...:frown

Saaaaaaay! Whaddabout them Patriots!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I received the came letter yesterday. guess I will call Buerge Ford in West Los Angeles, and see what is up?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thank you FoMoCo! :cheers

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
refund or kits?

How many of us that have installed the accufab bolts will be going for the refund from Ford or just picking up the kit? Not so sure what to do.:confused

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Why don'tcha just wait until Bill & Jay & the other "tech" types here on the 'Forum have had a chance to look at these new bolts, compair 'em to the Accufabs, and render their opinions on which way to go? :shrug

(My own guess is there won't be enough difference to warrant replacing the 'fabs, if they're already installed.)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
A bolt from the Blue.........Oval

Why don'tcha just wait until Bill & Jay & the other "tech" types here on the 'Forum have had a chance to look at these new bolts, compair 'em to the Accufabs, and render their opinions on which way to go? :shrug

(My own guess is there won't be enough difference to warrant replacing the 'fabs, if they're already installed.)

My thoughts exactly Larry.

Chip

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gents,
I think if you read CAREFULLY the posts of INDY GT you will conclude that the Ford bolts now being used are equal to ACCUFAB's. Just from another supplier who sources Ford's rod bolts... If you have Accufab's bolts in your covered.
Daniel