Paint Codes

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
After reading WhiteblueGT's question, I also discovered my Paint Code for the Stripes weren't listed.

I ask my Ford contact for all the colors, so everyone else could note this in their records. He was kind enough to send the following. 05 & 06 he said are the same.

Body Body Stripe
Color Code Code

White WT SN
Red D3 WT
Blue LA WT
Yellow BZ UA
Black UA TL
Silver TL UA
Tungsten T8 TL
Heritage Blue GL E

Sorry, I couldn't get the columns to align. Must be Operator error!

Charles

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
The color of the white Ford GT is also the color of the white paint used on the 2005 Ford Freestar - Performance White Clearcoat - WT/M6640

The blue stripe color is from the 2005 Ford Mustang - Sonic Blue Pearl Metallic - SN/M7095

You can order paint touch-up kits from Paintscratch.com

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
Is the blue/white stripes (reverse) car then the same paint codes?

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
FGT4me said:
Is the blue/white stripes (reverse) car then the same paint codes?

No, a Blue body GT is Midnight Blue "LA" and the Blue Stripes on a White GT is Sonic Blue "SN"

I edited the list so you should look for your body color first and the paint codes are to the right.

If everyone feels its still confusing, let me know and I'll make an attachment which I can align better.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Heritage BSAF Paint Codes

Gerry said:
The Heritage Orange Paint scheme for the stripes is a Ford Fleet color. W5615E. Be careful as there is another fleet orange color that is almost the same with 2 numbers reversed. AKZO Code - 2203; BASF - 80744; PPG - 61155; DUPONT - GBB36; SHERWIN-WILLIAMS - 36916.
Gerry,
See = http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3484
These are the BSAF paint codes for the Heritage as Saleen used during construction of these GT's.
Hope this clears up any confusion.
Regards,
Fred

Swazi

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 9, 2006
Northern California
for tungsten GT owners.

i had to get my new rear vents on my tungsten GT painted since my old ones were replaced, and replacement ones come unpainted.

the silver stripes on my tungsten were paint code TL, but i found out that the TL paint code has 4 different varients, not sure if these are ford specific variants or what.

the closest match for my car was the TL that is officially known as DBU4262, with the Y//L variant (Yellow/Lighter is what the paint guy told me it meant).

the other TL paint chips appeared darker than the stock silver stripe paint.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Go to (& download)

http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/supplier/pdf/catalog.pdf

All the paint codes for all the GTs are listed, 2006 on page 70, 2005 on page 74.

It also has all of our special fluids - Engine Oil, Transaxle Oil, Coolant, etc.

Ralphie

PS - the primer and clear topcoat are also in the paint listings.

FastFords

Apr 20, 2011
Info is now 2 posts below. Thanks Centerpunch for making it more to the point.

Joe

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks FastFords! :thumbsup

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I found this thread and I did a little searching on BASF paints. It appears that the brand Glasurit was the one used for the paint. If you go here: https://www.basfrefinish.com/cgi-bi...ntName=Ford&lvl1Menu=Ford&lvl2Menu=&lvl3Menu= they have a PDF of information specifically for the GT on its paint. In this PDF is all of the information for the paint codes, make sure you save a copy of it.

I think this direct link to the pdf should work:

http://www.basfrefinish.com/cap_dat...d GT Repair Systems Glasurit rev 10-13-06.pdf

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
As always, thank you Centerpunch.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
On Fords Oasis system, Midnight blue cars, paint code LA, come up as LA but paint name comes up as Medium royal blue! Anybody know why?? I checked 3 blue cars that I have the VIN for. Keith

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
How can we get it corrected? Keith

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
On Fords Oasis system, Midnight blue cars, paint code LA, come up as LA but paint name comes up as Medium royal blue! Anybody know why?? I checked 3 blue cars that I have the VIN for. Keith

Same Paint - Most of the GT Colors are renamed from standard Ford Paints. For example, Mark IV Red is Colorado Red.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I've had to touch up some spots on my red '05. I bought some Duplicolor Colorado Red from one of the auto parts stores, and the touch up stuff is s little darker than the original paint (and not from sun fading, as some of the spots are low on the car and don't get much sun). I then went to the Ford dealer and got the touch up paint there. As far as I could tell from the packaging, it was the same as Duplicolor, and it was the same slightly darker red.

Do I have to order from Dr. Color Chip or someplace like that to get touch up paint that actually matches? Any other hints?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Any other hints?

Pete, I can only report from limited experience of having a detail shop doing it for me, but I think filling in the chip with filler or paint to bring it up to the surrounding height is going to give you a better result. I think that is one of the Dr. Colorchip steps.