New GT Registry by SAAC

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The Shelby American Automobile Club is completing their 2006 Cobra - GT40 Registry. It should be 1000 pages with 1500 photos. I think the photos are only of the old cars. The Cobras include a list of ones I never heard of such as CSX2000s, CSX3000s, etc, Also CSX2600 Daytona Coupes, AC Mk IVs, Superformance Brock Coupes, AC Cox Continuation cars, etc. The GT40s are all the Mks, Holmans, Kar Krafts, etc but also 2004-6 Ford GTs. There is no fee to have your car placed in the registry. If you are a collector this could be a good thing. Volume 2 will be Shelby Mustangs & Shelby-built Trans-Am cars but won't be out until 2007.

You can register online via the club website. www.saac.com Go to World Registry then click on the new Ford GT drawing. I registered my lucky #1313.

Ed

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I just noted the correct VIN number in the comments box and submitted the form. Hope it works. :eek

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
After realizing it wouldn't take the entire VIN I just put in the lst 6 digits, hoping I can revise it once they fix the form. I also wrote in Tungsten in other paint choices, but it didn't ask for stripe color, only if you had that option.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
SAAC GT Registry

OK guys - I finally got the online SAAC GT Registry form fixed - sorry it took so long.

Thanks to Centerpunch for some suggestions on making the form more "user-friendly".

Thanks to many of you have already submitted your information.

I have nearly 500 cars in the SAAC GT database now, with pictures of about half of them.

Here is the link: SAAC Ford GT Registry

If you have any questions, please contact me at: SAAC GT Registrar

regards,

Jeff

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Boy, you guys are FAST!

Sure wish I knew how to write code (my Fortran and COBAL training is doing NOTHING for me these days - except maybe dating me :lol )

I will try to get that fixed, too. In the meantime, Heritage or Tungsten could be entered in the "other color" box (there actually were two "other color" GT's built in 2005MY), and the build date recorded in the box for vehicle history.

Thanks for your comments and submissions.

regards,

Jeff

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
I left the "2004" Model Year box on the form as it helps me to categorize early prototypes/test vehicles (most of which do not have real VIN numbers).

There is a box on the form for recording the Build Date.

I have sent a note to my web guru asking to have Tungsten Silver and Heritage Blue added.

I have also tried to contact a few of my old Ford paint guys to find a match for the Epic Orange touch-up for you guys who were looking for it. (the guy who painted my Cobra replica is the Manager of Paint Operations for the GT's at Saleen - if it's paint, he ought to know what it is).

regards,

Jeff

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Where can I find the build date? Is it on the original window sticker?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That was the 17,000th post White Petunia :lol