Sad loss of honorary GTforum member

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Today while driving to church this morning Daniels Dad Bill informed he has passed away while preparing for a transplant.

I am beside myself as I thought Daniel was doing ok.

Here is a cut and paste from our local Detroit Free press obituary.
Maybe you could sign in at the guest book (website below).

January 30, 2009. Age 25. Beloved son of Bill and Patti. Loving brother of Bryan. Dear grandson of Ted (the late Annette) Rybarz and the late Tom (the late Margaret) Henderson. Also remembered by many loving aunts, uncles, and cousins. Funeral and visitation details are pending. Kindly call (586) 677-4000 or refer to the web site at WujekCalcaterra.com. Tributes to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation are welcome. Share Memories with the Family at their "On-Line Guest Book" at www.WujekCalcaterra.com

For those of you who may be new here is a link to our forum that explains it better. My heart is broken today so search for yourself as I am not feeling like typing.

Read post 5
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8068

Gift for Daniel last year.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8379&page=2

Thank you from Daniel.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8869&highlight=henderson

4.JPG

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'So very, very sad. There are no words...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So very sorry to hear this. Rest in peace Dan.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Omg!! How sad!! RIP Daniel

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Rest in Peace, Daniel. So sad. I wish I had the right words... I don't.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
What a tragedy.
Reading the old links regarding the kindness this group showed to this poor youngster makes me proud to be a part of this forum, and grateful for what I have.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
:frown , I hope his last days were peaceful......

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
My heart goes out to his family - and to the extended Ford GT family too. :frown

Aug 25, 2006
Very sad

Thank you sharing with all of us

Shadowman

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
My thoughts and prayers to the entire family....GTJOEY1314/0004

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
If you want to sign in or send flowers or what ever.

The on line funeral home has a guest book if you want to sign in.

http://www.wujekcalcaterra.com/main.htm

Daniel Henderson

Date
10/05/1983 - 01/30/2009

Obituary Notice

Henderson, Daniel January 30, 2009 Age 25 Beloved Son of Bill and Patti, Loving Brother of Bryan, Dear Grandson of Ted (the late Annette) Rybarz, the late Tom (the late Margaret) Henderson. Also remembered by many loving aunts, uncles and cousins Visitation at Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons, Inc. (Shelby Twp.) Tuesday 5-9pm, Wednesday 5-9pm, Prayers Wednesday 7:00pm. Instate Thursday 9:30am at St. Josaphat Ukrainian Catholic Church 26401 St. Josaphat (E. of Ryan , S. of McKinley) until Time of Mass at 10:00am. Tributes to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation are welcome. Share Memories with the Family at their :On-Line Guest Book" at WujekCalcaterra.com

Visitations
Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons at 5 pm - 9 pm on Tuesday, February 3rd
Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons at 5 pm - 9 pm on Wednesday, February 4th
Prayers at 7 pm on Wednesday, February 4th

Services
St. Josaphat Ukrainian at 10am on Thursday, February 5th
Instate: St. Josaphat Ukranian at 9:30 am on Thursday, February 5th

Memorials
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 6931 Arlington Rd Bethesda, MD 20814

54880 Van Dyke, Shelby Twp (MAP)
(586) 677-4000

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My deepest condolences.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
God Speed Daniel.....

H

HHGT

Rip.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Any interest in making a group gift to CF in Dan's name?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Dreadful news - his poor parents......

My cousin died from CF aged 16 - also a Daniel, also a cheerful good looking boy.

This brings it all back.

His poor parents and family - the poor lad.

RIP

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family. I cannot imagine how hard this must be.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
Rest in peace, Daniel.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
copied and pasted from last years post

To have two sons and both with CF. I don't know where they get the strength to continue on. Both parents are as nice and humble people as anyone could be.

Here is the copy & paste
My best day in the GT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it was a good turn out of all the real proud Romeo people.

Even the two guys who's names are on my motor came out and took photos. A really nice young lady came and said she was part of the only 7 remaining launch team for the GT motor stopped in and offered any help or advice. I was amazed at how they all braved the cold & wind to see the GT.

Made me feel good that some americans still take extreem and I mean extreem pride in what they do. One guy came out who is sponsored by Ford racing and they gave him a GT motor to put in his world record holder Ford Lightning.

In his lightning he is running 28# of boost, I nearly fell over.......I could not imagine this much boost.

Anyhow I got to tell you guys something. The guy who put together the show and tell session with our display trailer for all the engineers (Bill), called his 24 year old son at home to come see the GT. He then asked me if I could take him for a ride. I said sure and when we were about done for the day he showed up.

This young man (24) was polite, very slim and very nice.....you could tell he really Loved his family. So while riding I asked where he went to school as my youngest daughter was the same age. He said well after high school he has tried to attend a local university but he gets sick often and it doesn't work out for him........Hmmm I said why do you get sick so often....now the whole time we are riding and he is really enjoying the spirited ride. He said he has Cystic Fibrosis (not long to live) I was shocked and we talked and I told him I would pray for him and have our pastor put him on the church prayer list. He said "could you also include my 21 year old brother?" I said why? He said "my brother has CF even worse and is in the hospitol waiting for a lung transplant".

I was quiet as words just escaped me.......he said but I really love the GT and that his dream was to go over 120mph if he ever feels well enough to make a trip and find someone with a car and a nice day.

Romeo is in the farm country so off we went to a remote place with no driveways and a long line of sight (top of 4th gear run). And after seeing this young but frail man's smile I felt both sad and glad all at the same time.

Imagine that......

Tom

Daniel Henderson 2007.jpg

Last edited:

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Somehow after reading this thread, all of the things that were bothering me aren't so bothersome any more. tpraceman, you should be very proud of the happiness that you were able to give Daniel.