Aug 8, 2007
Rip.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
They will be in our prayers tonight. What a sad loss.....

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Dan is at peace. His family needs our prayers.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
God Bless Dan, The grin on his face tells it all. I am happy that this group was able to be a very part of what time he had left due to his illness and I know how he cherished that relationship. We will continue to hopefully bring cheer and happyness to those others who won't ever have the opportunity to own a FORD-GT. Thats why this GT Forum Group is so important to me. We all do Care!. Tomy

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
RIP Dan

When TPRACEMAN came on this site with that story about a kid, his aspirations, and his problems, something inside me said that this kid was pretty special. When some of us had the chance to make just a spark of difference in this young mans life, we jumped at that chance, because possibly when we were kids someone might of done it for us. I am very sorry we lost this kid, and he will be in our prayers, as we feel for his parents and family. A terrible tragedy for sure. From all of this, I am still moved by the original story that TPRACEMAN brought to this Forum. Thank you for making some of us feel special, and making a difference in a youngs man's life. Dan will be remembered, and his aspirations will ring in all of us.

Rest in Peace Dan.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I would be open to doing an yearly scholarship to a tech school or college. We good all pitch in, be tax deductable, contribute on a monthly basis via credit card deduction...
or we could post pictures of wrecked FGT's instead....
comments are welcomed

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
RIP Dan

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
RIP. Can't imagine what the parents must be going through.

doccars

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 10, 2005
Sorry to hear of the loss. As a parent, it must be very difficult. Hopefully time will help heal.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
You ARE a good man. Simple gestures like this are heart-warming and sure do make this forum "Top's".

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Was thinking about the great people on the GT forum today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I am saddened and feel for the family
My heart felt sympathies

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
I am saddened and feel for the family
My heart felt sympathies

Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss.

^Folks, the bereavement part of this thread was almost 10 years ago

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
It's good to remember kind acts attached to our car ownership experience. I posted this thread 10 years ago. The kid in the photos and his younger brother both had a congenital liver disease. Sadly, both of them have passed on since. I gotta be more like Jason Watt...giving lots of kids ride alongs.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/13270-A-day-at-the-track

Last edited:

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Yes it is a privilege to be blessed with the abilities and finances to drive own and care for our GTs. So paying forward or giving back is super important.

The father of the 2 boys is still a engineer at Ford. He was one of the guys who played a big part in getting the awesome 5.4 v8 power plant built for our 05/06 Cars.

Bill younger son has survived lung transplants and now has a job close to the Cleveland clinic and has never forgotten the GT forum and how blessed they were. We can't forget those we shared time with as they make up the fibers who make us.

Ford GT is very special in many ways - not just beating Ferrari - not just being the coolest bad to the bone best looking cars ever made.

Now we need to work on the pres of fomoco and get back to making cars :)

ByeEnzo thank you for your acts of kindness
It's good to remember kind acts attached to our car ownership experience. I posted this thread 10 years ago. The kid in the photos and his younger brother both had a congenital liver disease. Sadly, both of them have passed on since. I gotta be more like Jason Watt...giving lots of kids ride alongs.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/13270-A-day-at-the-track

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk