GT Fuel Filter

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Torrie -

Is there anything special about the GT's fuel filter? P/N FG-1091 (4G7Z-9155-AA)?

Seems awfully expensive for a filter that has no fittings, as there are may similar ones from Fram, AC Delco, Penske, Pennzoil, etc.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Torrie -

Is there anything special about the GT's fuel filter? P/N FG-1091 (4G7Z-9155-AA)?

Seems awfully expensive for a filter that has no fittings, as there are may similar ones from Fram, AC Delco, Penske, Pennzoil, etc.

I would imagine that would follow ones interpretation of the word 'special'. I'll pull one off the shelf and send you pictures of it on my desk.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I would imagine that would follow ones interpretation of the word 'special'. I'll pull one off the shelf and send you pictures of it on my desk.

Don't bother with the pictures, Torrie - I've seen it on your eBay store. I'm just curious if its cost is just a matter of Ford's prices for GT's.

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Don't bother with the pictures, Torrie - I've seen it on your eBay store.

I sir shall not bother you as instructed !

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I sir shall not bother you as instructed !

I'll be calling you soon and ordering some other parts, and was just curious about the fuel filter.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Understood Ralph I will see if I can get my hands on internal technical specs. Now the one thing I can't do is get information on other brands that I don't have here.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Understood Ralph I will see if I can get my hands on internal technical specs. Now the one thing I can't do is get information on other brands that I don't have here.

Thanks - :thumbsup

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Torrie -

Physical dimensions and flow capacity. Perhaps media as well.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jack at Muscle Motors had some alternatives. Look for old posts. Torrie, all the parts I just ordered, please put on Ralphie's bill. Thanks guys.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
... Torrie, all the parts I just ordered, please put on Ralphie's bill. Thanks guys.

Torrie - I may have to put off ordering for a while.... :lol :lol

Last edited:

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Jack at Muscle Motors had some alternatives. Look for old posts. Torrie, all the parts I just ordered, please put on Ralphie's bill. Thanks guys.

Here is a link http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4596

I just ordered the 100 micron fuel filter.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
What is the recommended interval to change the fuel filter?