1992 Vector W8 Chassis 15

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
perhaps this isn't the full in-depth report yet; that will be coming at a later time; with a full range of shots. In any case, this is the same car that will be reviewed.

This event was at the Autozone books and hobies shop on 14 mile and Woodward on 4/22/06; and I felt i have enough great shots of this beast to warrent it being in the photoshoots section.

besides the info in my current sig. This is the only production Vector with cirtified California Emissions; and also the second most powerful W8 from the factory (not aftermarket) and will run 1200 hp on 114 octane (mon+ron)/2

The ground clearance is true 4"; where it can handle curbs; and railways much better then many other supercars since its underbody is largely flat, and where it isnt; it is cleanly tucked within the 4" area.... Damn this thing is LOW :twisted: ! I was suprised to see the engine is mounted transversely; damn that sucker is wide!

http://nthimage.com ->photoshoots 19 hi-res photos
Vector_W8_1.jpg

Vector_W8_12.jpg

Vector_W8_15.jpg

Vector_W8_18.jpg

Vector_W8_6.jpg

Vector_W8_8.jpg

http://nthimage.com ->photoshoots 19 hi-res photos

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
When I see that car, I can't help but remember how Weigart (sp?) holed himself up in the factory to avoid a takeover! LOL!

Lets hope the SSC Ultimate Aero fairs better.

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Vic said:
When I see that car, I can't help but remember how Weigart (sp?) holed himself up in the factory to avoid a takeover! LOL!

Lets hope the SSC Ultimate Aero fairs better.
you know, Weigart won Vector back a few years ago...

Weigart was always very good at spending somebody elses money... people think the Veyron was sold at a loss... this was so as well. No expense was spared when disigning and building this car.

all of the negative press this car recieved is nearly all bunk!

I'll be publishing a piece on this car in the somewhat near future.

the Ulitimate Aero is something more of a kit then the W8 was... it just doesn't compare on the same field at all.

i definately do wish them luck :)

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Vector

Vic said:
Yeah, I have a video of that moment. I took a test ride in one about 20 years ago when the car was supposed to sell for $55,000. He required a steep down payment on something that wasn't deliverable.

In regards to the 0.32 Cd, I find this difficult to believe as I thought that it was actually 0.55? The top speed also reflected that.

Does anyone know what became of Weigart and Vector?

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
analogdesigner said:
Yeah, I have a video of that moment. I took a test ride in one about 20 years ago when the car was supposed to sell for $55,000. He required a steep down payment on something that wasn't deliverable.

In regards to the 0.32 Cd, I find this difficult to believe as I thought that it was actually 0.55? The top speed also reflected that.

Weigart owns Vector once again; and is said to be creating something... but dont expect much.

the Cd. is actually .32xx as the owner of this particular car did work in the wind-tunnel himself. (car is 100% stock) .55, .57 and all the other published numbers are terribly innacurate brought on by the negative press storm started, and backed by GM at the time. 90% + of everything written about the W8 it bunk, and pure myth.

the car was actually high-speed tested to 242 mph @ Boneville; and was published in one periodical at the time... however, the first owners of the W8 found they couldn't get insurance; so Vector's PR department was quick to change thier statement to 200+

so the media took that as a sign that Vector couldn't deliver somehow...

anyway, it is ok to say 242 mph today because there are a few others that do 240+ out there.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Vector update, thanks!

nthfinity said:
Weigart owns Vector once again; and is said to be creating something... but dont expect much.

the Cd. is actually .32xx as the owner of this particular car did work in the wind-tunnel himself. (car is 100% stock) .55, .57 and all the other published numbers are terribly innacurate brought on by the negative press storm started, and backed by GM at the time. 90% + of everything written about the W8 it bunk, and pure myth.

the car was actually high-speed tested to 242 mph @ Boneville; and was published in one periodical at the time... however, the first owners of the W8 found they couldn't get insurance; so Vector's PR department was quick to change thier statement to 200+

so the media took that as a sign that Vector couldn't deliver somehow...

anyway, it is ok to say 242 mph today because there are a few others that do 240+ out there.
nthfinity,

Many thanks for the update!!! The 0.55 Cd may had been on his original prototype from 20 years ago, since the body style was much different from the W8. I am glad to hear that his car performed so well and I wish that I really could of owned one. It's strange how the media never wants to publish the positive info?...

Thanks again, Jay
www.gtsaver.com

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
if my businesses take off; there is one Vector W8 that i'd like to try to get my hands on... the costom paint/interior combo car... a very lemony Yellow with brown Ostrige leather... the body/chassis etc are all in perfect order; but the powerplant is another story... suffice to say, its not owned by the right guy... If i owner her, i'd restor it to original factory specs; and be perfectly happy!

Amac

Jun 28, 2006
Very nice, I had the chance (and took it!) to see the famous Agassi Vector, 1990 Vector W8 #005! I had my own photoshoot, 140 pics, 85 came out great, and got a few videos. I love those pictures. Isn't Vector W8 #001 up there in Michigan as well?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7263/img10776om.jpg

(saved it at 8 for the quality setting on photoshop)

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Restoration...

nthfinity said:
if my businesses take off; there is one Vector W8 that i'd like to try to get my hands on... the costom paint/interior combo car... a very lemony Yellow with brown Ostrige leather... the body/chassis etc are all in perfect order; but the powerplant is another story... suffice to say, its not owned by the right guy... If i owner her, i'd restor it to original factory specs; and be perfectly happy!
nthfinity,

Understand your "restoration" comments all too well. Lets hope that your business takes off well...

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Amac said:
Very nice, I had the chance (and took it!) to see the famous Agassi Vector, 1990 Vector W8 #005! I had my own photoshoot, 140 pics, 85 came out great, and got a few videos. I love those pictures. Isn't Vector W8 #001 up there in Michigan as well?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7263/img10776om.jpg

(saved it at 8 for the quality setting on photoshop)

are you Alexander? I know about the Agassi car far more then what's been published... suffice to say he Ran it to 220 mph sustained speeds without any radiators :thumbsdow but still impressive it made it 1/2 way to Vegas from his residence.

Did you run into his car recently, or while the wastegate was stuck "open" ?

analogdesigner said:
nthfinity,

Understand your "restoration" comments all too well. Lets hope that your business takes off well...

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

I've since found out about other parts on the car that Wayne (the previous owner) had done to it before he died... The suspension components on it aren't factory spec... in fact, there is quite a bit of rubbing in the wheel wells, strange additions have been made, different brake callipers, and pads are on the back... its really a mess... not to even begin mentioning the engine that is so far tuned that it wont even run, and never actually made more power then what came from the factory when it was running 50 miles at a time.
I still want it hehe.

on the business front, Things are looking pretty good right now; and the first issue is due for release Thursday evening via the web. Filming begins this weekend to coinside with one of the stories in the issue.

since the hard work of creating the product is primarily in its final stages; finding advertisers, and becoming a "salesman" seems odd to me, but I need to do it to succeed.

In any case, It will be an interesting journey. thanks for the vote of confidence :) :cheers

Last edited:

bonedoc

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2006
Wichita, KS
analogdesigner said:

I talked to him last week. He has a company called Jetbike. It is like the old wetbikes, or superbike for the water. I am going to put a deposit on one. As far as the vector, I have seen the new one. It has 2 superchargers. The old ones are nice, but the new one will blow it away in looks and performance. He sent me pics, but said they are confidential. He is a nice guy with some wild ideas.

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
bonedoc said:
I talked to him last week. He has a company called Jetbike. It is like the old wetbikes, or superbike for the water. I am going to put a deposit on one. As far as the vector, I have seen the new one. It has 2 superchargers. The old ones are nice, but the new one will blow it away in looks and performance. He sent me pics, but said they are confidential. He is a nice guy with some wild ideas.

if it's the same photos i've been shown , i have no problem saying that i think his current designs are a shaddow of what they once were :(

the original wetbike was Jerry's deisgn, he sold it; then later bought it again, and now makes the Jet bike.

I hope Jerry is able to bring something to fruition; but its the Vector that will be my own ambition... and i definately realize that the photos of the WX10 were a prototype deisgn with plenty of evolution/revolution left in it.

If you talk to Jerry; tell him thanks for the great W2, W8's, and WX3's; and I wish him the best for his current projects.

bonedoc

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2006
Wichita, KS
They look alot different. I think the old ones look fine, but the new ones are amazing. I wish some pics would come out on it. I think there will be some soon. I love wetbikes. I just bought a 91 still in the shipping crate last week.