Rally IV update

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Any update on Rally IV? I understand if the location is still secret, but I'm starting to make travel plans for next year and I want to make sure we're around. Is there a date range yet?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
before 2010.... patience grasshoper, stay tuned :)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
First concrete details.

Gentlemen,

The finish of the rally will probably, but not necessarily, occur somewhere in Texas. That part is still up in the air. The first two nights of the Rally are set in stone however. For the third year in a row The Ford GT National Rally will start in Scottsdale, Arizona. Cheers!!! :cheers :biggrin :banana

Chip

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Houston!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gentlemen,

The finish of the rally will probably, but not necessarily, occur somewhere in Texas. That part is still up in the air. The first two nights of the Rally are set in stone however. For the third year in a row The Ford GT National Rally will start in Scottsdale, Arizona. Cheers!!! :cheers :biggrin :banana

Chip

Never any question about that. It would be fun to drive to the rally time permiting. How long does it take from Scottsdale to Halifax?:biggrin

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Never any question about that. It would be fun to drive to the rally time permiting. How long does it take from Scottsdale to Halifax?:biggrin

According to the OJ Simpson method.....IF you were going to speed, IF you didn't necessarily obey all the traffic laws........it MIGHT be possible to drive from Central Texas to Scottsdale (Tim Cantwell's house)....almost 1100 miles in 13hrs. I'm not saying I did this, but if I had or were that it might be what or how I COULD have. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How long does it take from Scottsdale to Halifax?:biggrin

Who's driving?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
mmmmmmmm

carroll-shelby-chili.jpg

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Hey Chip,

I know I am jumping the gun, but I would love to join the Scottsdale Rally To The Rally IV. Just wanted to post my request in case you are swamped later on.

HiloDave

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
If the Rally is in TX, I may have to drive out to Scottsdale for the pre-Rally Rally and then back to my backyard for the formal "event".

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
If it's in TX, I'll just have to saddle up, and mosey on by!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Did you get your Utah Fast Pass stuff Rick?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gentlemen,

Chip

If the Rally is in TX, I may have to drive out to Scottsdale for the pre-Rally Rally and then back to my backyard for the formal "event".

:thumbsupGuess I got to make up for last year.:thumbsup

Let's see:
TX to AZ = hook up with Chip & crew
AZ to TX = run to Rally IV
TX to AZ = finish what we start
AZ to TX = get back home to Texas

According to Nardo's calculations, that's only 52 hrs - and one oil change - not a bad little ride.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yeah baby.

:thumbsupGuess I got to make up for last year.:thumbsup

Let's see:
TX to AZ = hook up with Chip & crew
AZ to TX = run to Rally IV
TX to AZ = finish what we start
AZ to TX = get back home to Texas

According to Nardo's calculations, that's only 52 hrs - and one oil change - not a bad little ride.

Gentlemen,

We're off to a fine start!!! :cheers

Chip

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Having missed Newport and Vegas, I'm bound and determined to make this one, especially if it is in Texas. May have to fly to Scottsdale to hang with Chip and Larry and the Moose's (I'd drive but I've been too damned busy!)

Please render a date ASAP for planning purposes. Austin has lots to do, as does DFW. Houston is too hot and muggy in the summer IMO.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Having missed Newport and Vegas, I'm bound and determined to make this one, especially if it is in Texas. May have to fly to Scottsdale to hang with Chip and Larry and the Moose's (I'd drive but I've been too damned busy!)

Please render a date ASAP for planning purposes. Austin has lots to do, as does DFW. Houston is too hot and muggy in the summer IMO.

Everyone can visit Bigs' daughter in Westlake. It is 5 min from downtown Austin. If it is held there.

I had lunch with Spirit today. The GT Guys did a killer job on his car. One word - showroom.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Spirit,

Glad to hear your car is back! Looking forward to Rally IV.

AC

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Patiently waiting to hear its in Texas...I figure it won't be in Dallas since I haven't seen Dave here.

But we can start one day here...Dennis and Rich can use the new garage to do upgrade and I can setup a great lunch and dinner..and tour of a local collection of really nice cars. Then we can cruise from here to the final destination.

Let us know the date Dave.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Honestly, the dates were supposed to be out, but I was involved in a pretty mentally and physically exhausting ordeal of a car wreck (in a car I wasn't driving) so I've been off the reservation so to speak. I promise I will get the dates out shortly.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Dave -
a car wreck is never good news. We send you our prayers (and have a hot toddy - my solution for all your aches and pains) (with apologies to Bony that it's not MM).Lady Moose