A day at the track

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Went out to the Motorsports Ranch today for some track time. One of my patients has a 23 y.o. son who is quite ill. He had a liver transplant 3 years ago and apparently it is failing...may need another one. Anyway, the kid is a total car nut. He has a Saleen Mustang. I had him come out today to ride along in the GT. We had a blast...cool temps....car ran great...Hoosier's hooked up good. Tyler is a very polite kid and I hope to get him out again to ride shotgun. Peace, AC

Attachments

• DSC02603.JPG
    DSC02603.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC02604.JPG
    DSC02604.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Your a good man AC, proud to know you.
Happy Thanksgiving!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
It is all about making someone else smile,..., isn't it :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
that looked like fun, for both,

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
That's a class act move!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Great stuff Aj. Looks like it was a good time for everyone. :cheers

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Class Act

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good for you! Just today I received a hand scrawled note and picture from the 9 year old I took for parade laps at Gateway raceway. My kid looks scrawny compared to yours. Actually, my kid looks like he could be your son! Too bad you don't have a showy RED car.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Way to go Doc:cheers

meaning ByeEnzo!

and you to Franky.....

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
What a nice gesture!

I always enjoy myself more with an appreciative passenger to share the fun...

:cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
:thumbsup:thumbsup

That is what makes a person great. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope your patient returns to full health soon. :cheers

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Very proud of you :thumbsup :thumbsup

:cheers

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for the kind comments. We definitely had a blast. When I have someone ride along with me, I'm always worried about them getting motion sick. The stock brakes on the GT are excellent and with slicks you really get good cornering grip, so you can get tossed around a bit. The 6 pt. harnesses help quite a bit though. I ran 5 thirty minute sessions at the track. They had the full 3.1 mile course open on Sat. Technical with lots of elevation change. There was an incident that occurred during my last session. A GT3 Cup car ended up on top of the tire barriers. Watch the following video from about 5 minutes on. The video is taken from a Viper GTS owned by a friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2Ie7_aUtg&feature=PlayList&p=2C1231C57D952FCD&index=1

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
That video was painful to watch, he just lost in that cornor. Very expensive afternoon to say the least.

Saw a video from a track day this weekend at Goodwood where a guy was going out for the first time with a lightweight XKE and the restoration shop owner was behind the wheel and he lost it big time.... be careful out there.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The driver is a very nice fellow. A long time SCCA racer. He apexed early and ran out of track on the left side at track out. Hung two tires in the dirt, tapped his brakes, turned hard right, and then looped it backwards all the way across the track to the right hand barriers. Our track is relatively safe with no Armco and lots of run off. The area where this incident occurred is in the transition between the old and new courses. The tightest part of the track. I usually take this area at 7/10ths to avoid what happened.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The driver is a very nice fellow. A long time SCCA racer. He apexed early and ran out of track on the left side at track out. Hung two tires in the dirt, tapped his brakes, turned hard right, and then looped it backwards all the way across the track to the right hand barriers. Our track is relatively safe with no Armco and lots of run off. The area where this incident occurred is in the transition between the old and new courses. The tightest part of the track. I usually take this area at 7/10ths to avoid what happened.

One of the best parts of owning a GT is sharing it with others!! Great job..:thumbsup . Do you know what brand of camera / data logger your buddy has in his Viper?

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA

Great video :thumbsup

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
One of the best parts of owning a GT is sharing it with others!! Great job..:thumbsup . Do you know what brand of camera / data logger your buddy has in his Viper?

Not sure if he is using a Traqmate system or not. One of my P-car buddies has that set up including GPS, sychronized video, and car telemetry. The camera probably is the ChaseCam system with a small bullet camera. Next time I see him I'll ask the Viper driver.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I just gave up my membership to MSR, as I didn't get there from Dallas enough. What kind of times have you turned on the 1.7 and 3.1 layouts? I only got my GT down there once, and didn't use a transponder, but curious what times you are getting, especially with the Hoosiers.

Great job on the Make a Wish type day for that young man. He will never forget it I am sure.